OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

@ninjahood

but...the suede is great on these and it's actually better than durabuck for casual wear (no one uses these to play basketball anymore anyway) since the toe box won't look as wrinkled in the long run, what are you smoking.

eek.gif
eek.gif
blackcat23mj wrote:

Originally Posted by Retri

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by jamesm25

I dont understand why everyone cares soo much if these sell fast or not....
same way people care if they're favorite rapper sells alot of records, so they can jump on da bandwagon of "cool"
laugh.gif

meanwhile us lowly sneaker fans just wanted these sneakers done correctly and ironically had they just listen to us they would've sold THAT fast...oh well let's

hold our collective breaths for da infrared pack.
Had they been done right you'd be *****ing because your precious OG wouldn't be worth jack s hit anymore and wouldn't turn heads as much as they used. These were Retroed this way to preserve the uniqueness of the OG's (and to a lesser extent, of the Retro 2k's), while providing fans with a shoe that's close enough to the original VI's to hit their nostalgia sweet-spot.

How can you not fk'ing get it, what are you, st upid?

Furthermore the claims regarding the alleged cheapness of the materials involved are flat-out ridicolous. Quality is spot on, I've been wearing mine for a little over a week, day-in, day-out, and they're holding their own rather well. No scuffs, no creases, no paint chipping, no glue stains, no yellowing and the suede looks nice and feel nicer (I actually prefer it to durabuck since it handles torsion around the toe-box area a lot better).

And you know what. Not only am I going to get a 2nd pair next week but I will cop the Infrared pack as well (if it drops, that is) because I simply can't get enough of this shoe.

You on the other hand are making a fool of yourself  here, do you SERIOUSLY not have anything better to do with your time than trolling an obscure sneakers message board by relentlessly dissing a shoe for no apparent reason whatsoever? Lol, sucks to be you dawg.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
calm_down.gif

lol lol.

Originally Posted by violetuniverse91

ill sell my size 8 for 100.00 shipped. im not a reseller i just dont want these

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)] damn something must be wrong when ur trying to sell them below retail [/color]
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bdis1986

Originally Posted by violetuniverse91

ill sell my size 8 for 100.00 shipped. im not a reseller i just dont want these

damn something must be wrong when ur trying to sell them below retail
laugh.gif

nothing is wrong with these at all.  i got them from marquee back in nov...i had ordered db but got these instead and i was so pissed i just chucked the box.   i just want to get rid of them because i need some money.   im not into making a ton of money on a shoe anyway.

I just picked mine up today, these are going faster than you think- the FTL that I go to only has a couple pairs left. Luckily for me I was able to snag the last pair in my size (10).

I quite happy with these, the color change wasn't a big deal for me they look great and the quality seems decent, I have no problems or complaints about these.

Unfortunately I can't wear them for a couple months, my J's don't touch snow.

mad.gif
hawkflight6 wrote:

I just picked mine up today, these are going faster than you think- the FTL that I go to only has a couple pairs left. Luckily for me I was able to snag the last pair in my size (10).

I quite happy with these, the color change wasn't a big deal for me they look great and the quality seems decent, I have no problems or complaints about these.

Unfortunately I can't wear them for a couple months, my J's don't touch snow.

i feel you the snow im sick of it i have the db 6s and these and sj but the snow kills it i live in boston i cant wait till spring

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Release came and went, and there is still bickering in here.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This thread needs to die and be locked already.  

Please Mods.
I agree. Let's just lock this up...Please!

I luv how dark the material on the varcity red's are.................My infrared retros or ogs were never this dark!! Its a diffrent shoe with alot of good in em.........

UConn's Ater Majok wore these for the first half tonight against Providence, switched at halftime back to his usual ZS III's.  
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

^^ I used the brush that came with my black/royal blue 18's. I works great but, I'm sure you can find one at an arts and crafts store.

Also, those of you waiting days or a even a couple of weeks for the price to go down to cop... I wouldn't bet on it. They are slowly starting to disappear from websites and stores. If you don't have a pair, go get one because you're going to kick yourself with your bare foot if you don't jump now.
dont kid yourself son, these joints are sitting like da 12's are. i know stores that haven't sold but 3 pairs since last week..and im in da heart of NYC.
I dont know where in NYC you live, but these are not sitting around in stores, like you say

I'm glad I copped a pair of these. We all know they're not infrareds but so what...appreciate it for what it is..my pair should be here tomorrow from Eastbay.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Retri

@ninjahood

but...the suede is great on these and it's actually better than durabuck for casual wear (no one uses these to play basketball anymore anyway) since the toe box won't look as wrinkled in the long run, what are you smoking.
your opinion is da reason retros have been cheapened in da first place, these sneakers should be able to go thru da rigers of a basketball game and be fine, this suede

doesn't do that. durabuck looks and performs better.

The Suede of the Varsity 6's is different than the Last Shots and Black Toe XIV's, its also different than the XVIII's.. you can also add the Playoff VII's *aka raptors what ya call them* from 2002 also not the same.... i know this i own all the ones i just mention.

The same day I got my VI's the same day we got a snow storm, no point of wearing them outside atm.
e1525f6ed690bbec2cc1c1b53309a41d4dcb774.jpg

Hard working mailman.

I gotta be honest the color and material changes killed this release a bit for me
indifferent.gif
...but one the other hand with the recent trend of botched OGs and fruity colored fusions I guess these could have been much worse..
grin.gif
 I mean its kind of hard to not improve following classics gone wrong like the Military 4 failure..
sick.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif] 
qpfa7o.jpg
[/font]

[/font]

2mwe1qh.jpg
[/font]

Back
Top Bottom