Official Jordan XI Thread

Dude, there are 365 days in the year. How could you not find the time. You copped the Air Jordan 33 and you’re gonna pass on THESE?! 🤦‍♂️
:rofl:
I keep telling ya, I’m trying to dial it back some LOL
I dunno, like I said, I’ll probably end up gunning for a pair. But when it’s all Ls, no way I’m paying resale for these.

My friend actually said this a few times during the '90s that the design of the Concord XI was emulated from Bret Hart's wrestling boots. I believe he was being serious.
1656787063195.png

I was a huge Bret fan when I was a kid. I remember thinking the same as well. But I doubt that is where Tinker got his inspiration from. Most wrestling boots were shiny anyway from what I recall.
the paneling though looks more it came from Brett. loved Bret as well and it always pains me remembering the Montreal Screw Job.

I’m very sorry to say this about your friend…

…but he’s an IDIOT.

On second thought, I think he was joking because he had a tendency to respectfully or tastefully joke about things in general to make light of things. I doubt Tinker Hatfield even watched wrestling to even know about that wrestling boot design.

the paneling though looks more it came from Brett. loved Bret as well and it always pains me remembering the Montreal Screw Job.

I should have said that my friend tended to joke about Michael Jordan copying Bret Hart's wrestling boots for his Concord XI since that was his habit.

I can see some people either jokingly or seriously equating the boots and the sneakers because of the similarities with the incorporation of patent leather on the bottom of both of them. And the contrasting white upper part that the boots and sneakers had.

I never cared for Hart although he was good because his camera personality and wrestling style weren't appealing. He didn't have great mic skills. He had a technical wrestling style that wasn't a fun watch. Hulk Hogan legitimately had limited and somewhat bad wrestling skills, but he was appealing and a fun watch at the apex of his storied career because of his camera personality and mic skills. The fandom of popular wrestlers have always been predicated on their mic skill and watchable ring maneuvers.

It's wild how people are still trying to figure out if that Montreal Screw Job was rigged or legitimate after almost 25 years later. There was even a special about it on Vice channel not too long ago.

I never cared for Hart although he was good because his camera personality and wrestling style weren't appealing. He didn't have great mic skills. He had a technical wrestling style that wasn't a fun watch. Hulk Hogan legitimately had limited and somewhat bad wrestling skills, but he was appealing and a fun watch at the apex of his storied career because of his camera personality and mic skills. The fandom of popular wrestlers have always been predicated on their mic skill and watchable ring maneuvers.

It's wild how people are still trying to figure out if that Montreal Screw Job was rigged or legitimate after almost 25 years later. There was even a special about it on Vice channel not too long ago.
indeed he wasn't skilled and I believe WWE wanted a new poster boy.

after so many documentaries and interviews about the Montreal Screw Job, there is no doubt it's as clear as daylight that it was real. I can still remember the match very well and even when the match was over, Bret was still fuming like a crazy mad man, screaming his lungs out. if that outburst was all staged, that would have been the most believable outburst that I have seen in the whole history of entertainment wrestling.

Although it's 2022, I still remember this NBC promo trying to hype up the anticipated 1996 Eastern Conference Finals, only for the Magic to get swept by the eventual 1996 NBA Champion 72-10 Bulls. I just don't remember the Jordan XI IE was briefly featured in this one. I'll always remember Lil' Penny forever.

Although it's 2022, I still remember this NBC promo trying to hype up the anticipated 1996 Eastern Conference Finals, only for the Magic to get swept by the eventual 1996 NBA Champion 72-10 Bulls. I just don't remember the Jordan XI IE was briefly featured in this one. I'll always remember Lil' Penny forever.

90s advertisements were on a different level.

90s advertisements were on a different level.

True. But that one was actually a NBC promo to hype up that series as I mentioned. They just incorporated Nike/Jordan intellectual property in it.

I can see how people can legitimately get it mixed up and see it as a commercial because of Lil' Penny and the shoe.

I never knew Rod Strickland wore the XI in his career. I also didn't realize he ended up with the Heat in the latter part of his career. I'm skeptical those are the original 1996 version. They're most likely the 2001 version because I know this was a game played in the 2001-02 NBA season predicated on seeing the standard 9/11 memorial ribbon patch that was on all jerseys by default that season.
1657559652267.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom