Official Jordan XI Thread

I feel like if you have either 1 of the 4 black based joints(Gammas, Space Jams, Jubilees, Cap and Gowns) then you don't really need the other 3 since they pretty much cover the same bases. Redundant purchases imo
Totally agree, but copping the annual (or sometimes bi-annual) is pretty much habitual for me. The upcoming Cherrys might be the first 11 Mid/High that I pass on in like 11 years. They’re cool, but something about them. I might try out of habit, but they’re not a pair I’m really checking for.

I never realized there was a different version with the XI regarding the tongue detail. I was always familiar with the finished product that initially came out in fall 1995.

I think I now have a better understanding with the speculation of how the finished product is supposed to come out after reading this one. I was honestly confused when I initially heard about the details on these in a YouTube video.

If they're really going to have a mixed/integrated execution with the 2014 version colorway having the 1996 shape for this pair rumored to release next year, then it's somewhat backwards to me. Why couldn't they just make a proper replica of the 1996 version original Columbia colorway with its original shape?

So my interpretation with this rumored 2023 pair is that they're the 2014 version with a higher patent leather cut as opposed to the original 2014 version with the dreaded lower patent leather cut.

I wonder if the finished product comes out as speculated will deter some of the purists out there from getting these. Would it be a deal breaker for some?

Last edited:
You ain’t never done with 11s as long as they can yellow. But that’s why I like the gammas and caps, I think they just get darker which can still look fresh. Give credit where it’s due

Ron Harper in the background wearing the Black/Red XI during the 1995-96 Bulls 72-10 championship season. I still remember he wore those XI in the later part of that season and the 1996 playoffs. He was smart with taking advantage of a hookup from his well known teammate.
1662052309223.png

I never owned any version of the Columbia XI since they originally released in 1996. I was honestly never into them because the Black/Red was my favorite XI. I also liked the Space Jam (original 1995 version). I ended up liking the Concord several years after they came out in fall 1995.

The irony is that I didn't realize they were the shoes Jordan wore in the 1996 NBA All-Star Game despite watching it on TV and remembering he was the MVP of it. I used to think they were based on the Tar Heels because of the sky blue color on parts of the shoes.

I know the 2001 retro version was supposed to mirror the original 1996 version.

But can anyone please clarify if there were any differences between the 1996 Columbia XI and the 2014 Legend Blue XI? Were there any cosmetic differences? Was it only a naming difference? The only difference I recognized was the 2014 Legend Blue had that dreaded lower patent leather cut, whereas the 1996 Columbia had the standard higher patent leather cut.

I don’t know about those… I hardly wear my Win Like ‘96s… IMO this is a I gotta wait to have em in hand and decide whether to keep em or not kind of shoe

1662586275296.png

It was common to see NFL players wearing basketball sneakers when they played during the era of AstroTurf since it was just a green colored carpet over concrete that provided the fake appearance of grass, so that type of surface didn't necessitate cleats having to be worn on it. The soles on sneakers were actually sustainable enough to provide traction and grip on that type of surface. I believe Ricky Williams wore the 2001 version of the Concord XI in this one because that was his last year with the Saints and I believe he was no longer with Puma in 2001 when he was with them to begin his NFL career. I'm skeptical that he had an original 1995 version of the Concord XI in his possession that he broke out for this game.
1662586934282.png

Last edited:
I don’t know about those… I hardly wear my Win Like ‘96s… IMO this is a I gotta wait to have em in hand and decide whether to keep em or not kind of shoe
I remember when the Win Like '96s came out, a few cats wore them during our scrimmage. after that, never saw them wear those shoes ever again. I must say, those win like 96 were trash. they didn't feel good when I tried them.

I remember when the Win Like '96s came out, a few cats wore them during our scrimmage. after that, never saw them wear those shoes ever again. I must say, those win like 96 were trash. they didn't feel good when I tried them.
I see em from time to time over chea but not often… they feel like normal 11s IMO… only reason I don’t wear em is coz of that dang box… I know it’s a lame excuse but it takes forever to take it out lol… plus I’d rather wear the playoffs/bred, Concords… etc…. I’ve probably worn em about 4-5 times total…

The Elephant Low XI now has a projected release date of April 1, 2023 according to this one.

The Yellow Python Low XI for women now has a projected release date of May 11, 2023 according to this one.

I'm not sure how accurate this one is with these details. Perhaps these will be re-released in August 2023 with a projected retail price of $225. The style code is listed in this one for anyone who wants it.

More Cherry XI stuff.

Some Black/Red XI for picture day.

Deion Sanders with some custom XI cleats when he played for the Reds.

It's hard to believe this was the prototype for the XI. I think we can all agree the finished product Jordan wore beginning in the 1995 NBA Playoffs through the 1995-96 72-10 championship season was the right version since it's an enduring style most of us like and still wear 27 years later.

A somewhat updated mock-up. It looks like these will also be called Cement. Those MFs really jacked up the price for low-top XI now! These will have a $190 retail price. 😲:emoji_angry::emoji_money_mouth:💰💵💲

Back
Top Bottom