Official Jordan XI Thread

I have four pairs of Jubilees.

The reason being is that they aren't going to retro those ever again since it's the 25th anniversary. That's it. The XIs aren't getting another 25th anniversary. Plus it's just a clean and simple colorway that will go with anything.

The milky sole doesn't yellow as hard either. I still wear my jeter xi lows and the soles are still milky white unlike the concords which I never wore and yellowed hard.
for me, the Jubilees are a great colorway. I like them better than the Breds and Space Jams. some of the colorways that I like are the Red PEs, Pinnacle Grey, Pantones. the closest I got to getting similar to the Jubilees were the Cap and Gown but hated that they were dust/lint magnets. the Jeters never worked for me and looked lame (no offense). if they would only update the cushion setup on them 11s and make them zoom strobel or double stacked, I would definitely cop them. also, I hate the squeaks on the 11s.

for me, the Jubilees are a great colorway. I like them better than the Breds and Space Jams. some of the colorways that I like are the Red PEs, Pinnacle Grey, Pantones. the closest I got to getting similar to the Jubilees were the Cap and Gown but hated that they were dust/lint magnets. the Jeters never worked for me and looked lame (no offense). if they would only update the cushion setup on them 11s and make them zoom strobel or double stacked, I would definitely cop them. also, I hate the squeaks on the 11s.

You're missing out my guy.

I'm not a fan of 11 lows either but had to cop the Jeters cause they're blue and the quality is one of the best. It has a leather insole and is probably the softest/comfiest out of all the XIs I've ever had.

You're missing out my guy.

I'm not a fan of 11 lows either but had to cop the Jeters cause they're blue and the quality is one of the best. It has a leather insole and is probably the softest/comfiest out of all the XIs I've ever had.
I wanted to like to like the Jeters. But the blue suede implementation just looked unsavory to me. Funny story though that a person wearing the Jeters liked my Pinnacles better in a chance encounter.

Last edited:

while the patent cut on the 2018 version for me was great, I hated the idea of it being the 45 and just couldn't get over it. adding the fact that there were quality issues on some pairs, and cheap insoles.

I'm going to reiterate that the 45 on the 2018 version was cool for me from a purist standpoint because that's how the Concord XI was initially seen in public view during the 1995 NBA Playoffs.

Checking in for that Columbia release next year…That’ll officially be my ending when it comes to the XI’s…Not up on Retro + colorways…Only pair I might circle back around for is the ~23~ Concords…

You can never go wrong with the XI since it's the best pair of Jordans ever in general, especially based on aesthetics. While I certainly like the original colorways, I can also wear unoriginal colorways just because they can be easily matched with attire with the same colors.

I need a pair of concords since I sold my 2011 pair.

I will at least double up on the DMPs if they ever retro those.

You made the right choice selling off that crappy 2011 pair. I still can't fathom how fools put in so much work and time to get that crap in December 2011, especially with camp outs in the cold. That stupid release for those bootleg swap meet looking pair also caused chaos predicated on idiocy and disorderly conduct in many places. A Foot Locker manager who I'm still close to shared a disaster story shortly after that release at the store he was running at that time.

That December 2011 release and the February 2012 Galaxy Foamposite release caused the shoe game to go to hell with general chaos surrounding those releases and some riots at some spots.

I'm

I'm still debating on the Jubilees. I love the 11s but some of the newer Jordans are just great for comfort.

If anyone still has a pair of the Space Jam that's wearable, 2000 or 2016 versions, then the Jubilee is absolutely worthless. I just see the Jubilee as worthless and unnecessary with the XI. They looked like knockoff Space Jam that had either the royal blue or purple stitched Jumpman logos replaced with metallic silver Jumpman logos on them, along with having that tacky looking lettering on the eyelets.

I have four pairs of Jubilees.

The reason being is that they aren't going to retro those ever again since it's the 25th anniversary. That's it. The XIs aren't getting another 25th anniversary. Plus it's just a clean and simple colorway that will go with anything.

The milky sole doesn't yellow as hard either. I still wear my jeter xi lows and the soles are still milky white unlike the concords which I never wore and yellowed hard.

While I get that Jordan Brand put out something to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the XI with the Jubilee that got people to buy into it, I still thought it was a useless and uninspired design for an anniversary gimmick shoe. They could have put in effort to come up with something unreleased or different colors with that release. Having the 2016 Space Jam really made the Jubilee totally worthless for me.

I'm still glad I got the Jeter Low back in April 2018 because it's one of the best low-top XI to me. I liked how they deviated from the traditional materials of the upper and patent leather parts of the XI by going with suede. And navy blue is my favorite shade of blue. I agree the soles on that pair don't yellow because the soles on mine look the same after 4 years despite wearing them a decent amount of times.

I'm going to reiterate that the 45 on the 2018 version was cool for me from a purist standpoint because that's how the Concord XI was initially seen in public view during the 1995 NBA Playoffs.

You can never go wrong with the XI since it's the best pair of Jordans ever in general, especially based on aesthetics. While I certainly like the original colorways, I can also wear unoriginal colorways just because they can be easily matched with attire with the same colors.

You made the right choice selling off that crappy 2011 pair. I still can't fathom how fools put in so much work and time to get that crap in December 2011, especially with camp outs in the cold. That stupid release for those bootleg swap meet looking pair also caused chaos predicated on idiocy and disorderly conduct in many places. A Foot Locker manager who I'm still close to shared a disaster story shortly after that release at the store he was running at that time.

That December 2011 release and the February 2012 Galaxy Foamposite release caused the shoe game to go to hell with general chaos surrounding those releases and some riots at some spots.

If anyone still has a pair of the Space Jam that's wearable, 2000 or 2016 versions, then the Jubilee is absolutely worthless. I just see the Jubilee as worthless and unnecessary with the XI. They looked like knockoff Space Jam that had either the royal blue or purple stitched Jumpman logos replaced with metallic silver Jumpman logos on them, along with having that tacky looking lettering on the eyelets.

While I get that Jordan Brand put out something to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the XI with the Jubilee that got people to buy into it, I still thought it was a useless and uninspired design for an anniversary gimmick shoe. They could have put in effort to come up with something unreleased or different colors with that release. Having the 2016 Space Jam really made the Jubilee totally worthless for me.

from another side of purist standpoint, the 45 is not MJ the basketball player. that number represented the failed baseball player. also, was the one that got eliminated by the Magic. so, in a way, it left a bad taste in the mouth having that kind of shoe # legacy much synonymous to the Wizards Jordan 18 shoe.

I love pairing the XIs with formal attire as well. good shoe for such occasions. I think I might bring out 2 pairs of my XIs for the winter season.

as crappy as the 2011 pairs, they were our only choices at that time period since it was like the first time that an XI was available for general release.

Space Jams just didn't do it for me to be honest. it was missing that feeling that I have to have it.

yeah, the Jubilees could have been treated better. I remember some posts of mine complaining about their QC, it was bad. thus, skipping on them til I found a near flawless pair that didn't look garbage.

Although the XI will always be my favorite model for Jordans, I'm glad I never remembered this version. And I don't care that they were limited because that aspect does not validate them as a good thing.

78FDCFD7-6B9D-4286-AA26-7FCC8272BC66.jpeg

They are dope though… IJs, didn’t think I would be a fan but the red pops in person. I’ll double up on release date.

Todays Anniversaries
I Mid SE Black Beetroot (W) (2 Years)
1667228101272.jpeg

I High Dark Mocha (2 Years)
1667228068966.jpeg

VII Black Patent (W) (3 Years)
1667228049734.jpeg

XII Reverse Taxi (3 Years)
1667228021643.jpeg

I High Pinnacle Baroque Brown (7 Years)
1667228002146.jpeg

I High Leroy Smith (13 Years)