***Official-Jordan XII 12 Thread-New Releases***

Best Jordan XII Retro Release of 2016?

• Jordan XII- "Flu Game" (Black/Red)

Votes: 160 60.8%
  • Jordan XII- French Blue

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • Jordan XII- Masters (Black-Rattan/White)

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • Jordan XII- White/Pink GS

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Jordan XII- Grey/University Blue

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Jordan XII- Bibby PE (Red/Black)

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jordan XII- OVO (Black)

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • Jordan XII- OVO (White)

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Jordan XII- 15Lab12 (Black)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Jordan XII- 15Lab12 (White)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Jordan XII- Navy/Carolina Blue Suede

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters

These abominations look like swap meet reps from 10 years ago :sick:

Anyway, haven't unDS'd my '22s yet because my '97s are still damn-near perfect :nthat:

Today:
20220430_141216.jpg

Have anyone ever purchased a DS pair of OG Flu Games and got it fully restored with new zoom air insoles? I’m thinking about getting a DS pair and getting it fully restored for me to wear casually with new Full Length Zoom Air insoles. Just wondering if it’s possible and can be worn casually.

These abominations look like swap meet reps from 10 years ago :sick:

Anyway, haven't unDS'd my '22s yet because my '97s are still damn-near perfect :nthat:

Today:
20220430_141216.jpg

How did you get them to look close to new like it was 1997? Most parts of that pair look like they came out of the box, albeit with some small signs of wear and usage. The only sign of aging is the soles are slightly discolored, which is an unfortunate formality by default.

And how did the tabs not crack from aging? The tabs on the sides cracking over time has been a formality with the XII. It happened to the 2004 White/Sky Blue XII I had before I discarded them either late last year or early this year, I actually forgot the time.

Perhaps you didn't wear those much since you've had them, so that's why they look somewhat close to new.

How did you get them to look close to new like it was 1997? Most parts of that pair look like they came out of the box, albeit with some small signs of wear and usage. The only sign of aging is the soles are slightly discolored, which is an unfortunate formality by default.

And how did the tabs not crack from aging? The tabs on the sides cracking over time has been a formality with the XII. It happened to the 2004 White/Sky Blue XII I had before I discarded them either late last year or early this year, I actually forgot the time.

Perhaps you didn't wear those much since you've had them, so that's why they look somewhat close to new.

Yeah, I don't wear any of my shoes a lot because I have a zillion pairs. Honestly I have enough that I could easily go over a year without doubling up. And I have specific pairs I wear in crappy weather so they take the brunt of my abuse. These I got in VNDS condition almost 10yrs ago, and I wear them probably three or four times a year. Always afraid of the sole coming separating, honestly, but knock wood, no issues yet. I used leather butter on them a while back to keep them rich looking, and I wipe them down with an alcohol-free baby wipe if they get a little scuzzy. A drop or two of blue Dawn on a warm, damp paper towel helps, too. And I'll admit, I did use a Mr. Clean magic eraser on the sides of the sole before I wore them this weekend.

Honestly, I'm shocked the side tabs aren't yellow, but that seems to be a specific positive trait to the OGs. If you look at listings on ebay and stuff for the 97s there are quite a few that have nice, complete grey tabs if the shoes themselves aren't beat. The 2004s on the other hand are almost all an ugly, ugly yellow and/or cracked to hell. I'd imagine they either used a different material in the tabs on each year's pair, or it may have to do with climate and storage and stuff. I have no idea, myself.

But yeah, I love these things, and it's cool to have an OG pair of Js from his playing days that I can actually wear.

Edit: Just searched my email for the confirmation, and I spent $87.65 shipped on them. My winning bid was $71 :blush:

Last edited:
Ahh yes, sneakerhead problems.
One of the reasons why ive become so selective on pickups even after having moved into a house.
At one point in my 20s while still renting had an entire room in the apartment just for shoe storage and promised myself id never have a collection that large again.
Promise kept and couldnt be any happier.

Currently if it cant fit inside the closet then either i need to pass up on a release or let one go. Think in total im at somewhere around 30,
dress shoes hiking boots and other miscellaneous pairs included with 40 being max.
In my 20s it was unfiltered indulgence, somewhere around 50+ which id imagine is nothing to some here and thats great for them. Just remembered the guest room being stacked with boxes, a lot of unnecessary filler and thats just not me.

Ironically, I actually have more shoes at an older age than when I was at a younger age, especially since I've gotten more resourceful with getting things cheap as I've aged.

But I've always been selective whether I was younger or older. I try not to get everything, especially if I know I won't have something to wear with a specific pair. I feel I've gotten more selective now that I'm older because I try to make sure I have something I have to wear with a particular pair.

Shoes sure do eat up space unfortunately. If I like something and will have attire I can wear with a pair, I'll just deal with it eating up space in my residency just to have them, especially if I'm getting a favorable deal on them.

Yeah, I don't wear any of my shoes a lot because I have a zillion pairs. Honestly I have enough that I could easily go over a year without doubling up. And I have specific pairs I wear in crappy weather so they take the brunt of my abuse. These I got in VNDS condition almost 10yrs ago, and I wear them probably three or four times a year. Always afraid of the sole coming separating, honestly, but knock wood, no issues yet. I used leather butter on them a while back to keep them rich looking, and I wipe them down with an alcohol-free baby wipe if they get a little scuzzy. A drop or two of blue Dawn on a warm, damp paper towel helps, too. And I'll admit, I did use a Mr. Clean magic eraser on the sides of the sole before I wore them this weekend.

Honestly, I'm shocked the side tabs aren't yellow, but that seems to be a specific positive trait to the OGs. If you look at listings on ebay and stuff for the 97s there are quite a few that have nice, complete grey tabs if the shoes themselves aren't beat. The 2004s on the other hand are almost all an ugly, ugly yellow and/or cracked to hell. I'd imagine they either used a different material in the tabs on each year's pair, or it may have to do with climate and storage and stuff. I have no idea, myself.

But yeah, I love these things, and it's cool to have an OG pair of Js from his playing days that I can actually wear.

Edit: Just searched my email for the confirmation, and I spent $87.65 shipped on them. My winning bid was $71 :blush:

I'm the same way regarding wearing my shoes on a limited basis because I normally wear them to match with something specific, especially when there are jerseys involved.

I never double up because it eats up space for me. It's also too much of a liability for me with shoes being a naturally perishable item. If I don't wear the other pair while I keep wearing the original pair, it'll still become perishable despite them not being worn. So what's the point of having a pair sit around that will go bad from not being worn?

I always avoid wearing any of my Jordans in rain.

That's always a formality with rehashed shoes having cheaper unoriginal materials being used to make them. They reduce overhead that way and take advantage of the inflation premise to increase profits with rehashes. It's basically replication we're dealing with unfortunately regarding retro shoes. Replication will never use original and better materials.

1651902735116.jpeg

Release these in mens

I actually had those XII from 2004. I recall wearing them a lot the first few years I had them. Then I wore them much less in the latter years I had them.

I ended up discarding them either late last year or earlier this year because they were worn out, especially with the tabs turning totally yellow and cracking. They just weren't worth trying to salvage with any restoration attempts.

Coincidentally, that picture seems to somewhat mirror how mine looked over time with the tabs turning slightly yellow and visible excess adhesive on them.

If they rehash that colorway, I really hope they make a version similar to a XII with custom Nuggets colors that he wore in the early part of his career. He had the best custom retros when he was with the Nuggets predicated on their colors.

Last edited:
Did a stock take of my 12s collection, I have them all since late 2014:

20220509_225527.jpg

Taking a good look at this again. Really we have 4 dominant colors.

Blue.
6 blue pairs that let’s be honest, all look the same shade of color from this distance. Oh but Nike steps out of bounds and adds a little tiny 2 inch space total of yellow. Wow.

Red.
Just like the blue, at this distance we have 4 red shoes that all look like the same shade of red. What on earth! Then they give us a little maroon. And that looks like the same shade of maroon on each pair.

Black.
6 shoes of solid black. One with a hint of blue. One with a hint of red. One with a hint of silver. If you include the pink and the royals from the blue column you have 8. 8 nearly all black to black with a hint of another color. WHERE IS THE ORIGINALITY HERE?

White.
3 all whites that literally have no difference to them at this distance. If you squint you might see a little one inch rectangle of color difference. WHOOPTEE FREAKING DO. Then we also have 5 that have white and black in nearly an identical silhouette. When you squint at the picture those 5 look the exact same!

Seriously who is running the Jordan 12 division? Something here is definitely wrong. :rofl:

Blue.
6 blue pairs that let’s be honest, all look the same shade of color from this distance. Oh but Nike steps out of bounds and adds a little tiny 2 inch space total of yellow. Wow.

Red.
Just like the blue, at this distance we have 4 red shoes that all look like the same shade of red. What on earth! Then they give us a little maroon. And that looks like the same shade of maroon on each pair.

Black.
6 shoes of solid black. One with a hint of blue. One with a hint of red. One with a hint of silver. If you include the pink and the royals from the blue column you have 8. 8 nearly all black to black with a hint of another color. WHERE IS THE ORIGINALITY HERE?

White.
3 all whites that literally have no difference to them at this distance. If you squint you might see a little one inch rectangle of color difference. WHOOPTEE FREAKING DO. Then we also have 5 that have white and black in nearly an identical silhouette. When you squint at the picture those 5 look the exact same!

Seriously who is running the Jordan 12 division? Something here is definitely wrong. :rofl:

100% agree with you brother. And out of all those only two OG colourways in the last 7 years.

Blue.

Red.

Black.

White.

my wife says something about this every time she looks at the unboxed pairs, then says she bets that the boxed ones aren't much diff.....ok fair, but how many pairs of red sandals do you need? then she walks away
winner-winner-chicken-dinner.gif

Umm, the royal blue pair and the Michigans are a totally different shade of blue... I regret not getting both, at least the Michigan pair at retail. Alomg with CP3s.

Oh I agree different shades up close. Looking at the picture above though and even squinting your eyes and they all look the same.

My favorites were the French blue, the Michigan and the Deep Royal. I think I sold those because my foot had grown a half a size. I do also like the white dark grey pair but wish they had done a true retro the the flint grey pair.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom