Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
and im sure nike will make a comparable offer to kd as far as money goes the people are saying the 7 year 60 mill wont cut it yeah he wasnt the same person or brand he was back 7 years ago so its gotta go up money wise. he has to look at whos coming behind him age and shoe deal wise to realy carry nike basketball and go ok im the chosen one lebrons getting older kobes old.. whos next kyrie? PG? nobody really hes the man hes gotta realize that. maybe what his ex fiance said about him changing is true iono

My statement was from an opinion stand point as yours basically is also. But how and where I chose to spend my money isn't an opinion it's my business. 98% of my shoe collection is Nike as it will stay. I'm not a die hard KD fan I honestly just start taking interest in shoes on the 4's and made my first purchase with the KD 5. I don't wear Reeboks even though they're more popular now, New Balance, Asics, or Li-Ning because D Wade is up there. I just prefer Nike, which is not a sign of being "immature" it's simply a sign of preference.
Fair enough. Thought you were just like I won't buy it because it is UA.

I understand brand loyalty. I work in PR. Nike has done a brilliant job of branding and building brand loyalty. I just know that a lot of younger kids don't have that concept, especially since they never watched those players play (Jordan, Barkley, Penny, etc). We did (depending on how old you are) so there is more of an emotional/sentimental value the shoes represent, as well as how they look.

Repped for the "I AM GROOT" avi.
Thanks! Loved every scene with Groot in it! Especially the last scene! Wouldnt put spoilers here. :D

If ever KD leaves Nike, they still technically own the design of the KD7 right? But probably have to let go of the "KD" branding perhaps?
That's correct the KD branding will be dropped, and they will re-name the shoe. Just like what adidas did with their Kobes.

Fair enough. Thought you were just like I won't buy it because it is UA.

I understand brand loyalty. I work in PR. Nike has done a brilliant job of branding and building brand loyalty. I just know that a lot of younger kids don't have that concept, especially since they never watched those players play (Jordan, Barkley, Penny, etc). We did (depending on how old you are) so there is more of an emotional/sentimental value the shoes represent, as well as how they look.

Yeah I'm in 31 so I've seen all of them play, but your good no harm taken.

If KD does sign, the obvious question is can UA make a sig shoe that both performs and looks good to rock casually.

Thing is, once there's a pic of KD rockin them casually, the youngn's will follow suit. 

I'd be the first to admit, I would never rock UA bball shoes casually, but they perform great! Especially since you can get most of them well below retail. 

I'm all for KD making the move to UA. A little competition doesn't hurt. Won't skip a beat for Nike (like when Webber/Garnett left) but it changes the game. I think if UA gives KD a guarantee to keep his shoes under $100 (even if it's the length of his first contract), it'll make his decision much easier.

I'm all for KD making the move to UA. A little competition doesn't hurt. Won't skip a beat for Nike (like when Webber/Garnett left) but it changes the game. I think if UA gives KD a guarantee to keep his shoes under $100 (even if it's the length of his first contract), it'll make his decision much easier.
Agreed! But more importantly congratulations on the 20,000th post! You are a legend!

Well looks like KDs gone to UA, they just tweeted it. Wonder what happens with the 7 shoe now, hopefully they still release all the colorways we've seen but I doubt we'll see a ASG version or a What the ?

Last edited:

If KD does sign, the obvious question is can UA make a sig shoe that both performs and looks good to rock casually.

Thing is, once there's a pic of KD rockin them casually, the youngn's will follow suit. 

I'd be the first to admit, I would never rock UA bball shoes casually, but they perform great! Especially since you can get most of them well below retail. 
they could, under armour opened a design office in portland recently. not going to be difficult to throw $$$ at people and tell them to come over. The hard part would be the tech, under armour is just as advanced as Nike in the apparel dept, but still behind in footwear especially basketball. 

the only way i see KD staying with nike is if that $30 mill per year figure is just a rumor. nobody in their right mind would turn that down especially if youre not THE guy with your current brand.

if he does go to UA this could be the downfall of Nike basketball. Which i think in the grand scheme of things Nike doesnt really care because they are a running-shoe-first company. It has been discussed along side with this KD deal and in the past, the prospect that Nike or any major company for that matter, does not last forever. I bring up the end of Nike basketball because ultimately Nike has so much invested in other sports and teams that the "end of days" for Nike is not happening any time soon.

me personally, i would never rock an UA shoe. thats just me and what others have called "hypebeast" mentality which i almost agree with. i cant see myself, a casual wearer, rocking a performance based sneaker, with no fashion appeal. Little kids however probably will. I grew up the biggest Ken Griffey JR fan and ill be first to admit, if i was 10 years old and Jr went to under armour id be the first to (make my parents) buy, and wear his sneaker.

also like ive said before, if this move does happen, nike basketball is in trouble. They dont have any young talent. Kobe is basically done. And although you do have Lebron which is probably enough, there is nobody else significant with fan appeal rocking and promoting the swoosh. I think this move may even force Nike to lower the prices of signature lebron models. The KD although $150 now, has always been the more affordable sneaker in their signature line.

its gonna be really interesting how Nike handles this and possibly dare i say, recover from this. 

Last edited:
Ain't nobody wearing no UA KD's, I think it'll be treated like a novelty shoe and nowhere near the level of support like the Nike's. It's good for KD but wack for shoe buyers. 

man there isnt any tweet. i just checked UAs twitter. dudes just like to spread false info
mean.gif
@MikeMMcBride

Last edited:
Thanks :nthat: I didn't even notice I hit the 20k mark. I knew I was close but I wasn't paying attention. :lol: Just another day on NT. 8)

Back
Top Bottom