Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
Read the Baltimore Sun article. Man, $30 Mil a year is insane. He sold $175 Mil worth of shoes last year. Nike isn't trying to lost that much profit.

If I was UA, I'd try to recreate the Air Jordan origin, combining great tech with sensible aesthetics. I'm not mad. Nike isn't the only game in town. I'm happy companies like Li Ning, UA are coming up. And Adidas and Reebok doing their thing.

The only head scratcher was KD going to the Wizards. Ugh, terrible idea. Probably better to go to the Knicks.

Last edited:
man there isnt any tweet. i just checked UAs twitter. dudes just like to spread false info :smh:
@MikeMMcBride

Michael McBride, Under Armour’s senior manager of sports marketing, is fueling the flames by posting a cryptic tweet today that hints at a potential big-time name coming over to the brand. Whether or not that is Durant remains to be seen.

Wish I could tell everyone what is going on today. #Future #GoodPeople #Recruiting #Partnerships pic.twitter.com/Jz0ktQCbPZ

— Michael McBride (@MikeMMcBride) August 5, 2014

ok that has merit

@MikeMMcBride

nothing

you guys are crazy if you think kd gonna sign with under armor

lol @ going home now with shoe companies

****** love the drama

if under armor gave kd 30 mill a year they would go bankrupt after year 2...

contract would be worse than the one derrick rose got from adidas

Michael McBride, Under Armour’s senior manager of sports marketing, is fueling the flames by posting a cryptic tweet today that hints at a potential big-time name coming over to the brand. Whether or not that is Durant remains to be seen.

Wish I could tell everyone what is going on today. #Future #GoodPeople #Recruiting #Partnerships pic.twitter.com/Jz0ktQCbPZ

— Michael McBride (@MikeMMcBride) August 5, 2014

ok that has merit

the keyword in that is recruiting

kd would be a **** if he didnt meet with them just off courtesy alone

nothing

****** love the drama

They're a billion dollar company, spending 30 million a year to get the NBA MVP is a drop in the bucket. 

The press alone today is probably worth a million at least...when was the last time anyone mentioned Under Armour in regards to Bball shoes? Not a single person cares about Steph Curry's shoes. 

nothing

****** love the drama

KD sold $175 mil worth of Nike merchandise. If UA does even half that, they are cutting into a large Nike market share. Trust me, UA knows what they're doing by offering that much. 

I agree though. That tweet says nothing. Nothing is official until it's official.

Last edited:
The real question since this won't die down (forgive me for this absurd analogy) is Mrs Piggy with a fat bank roll more appealing than little mermaid with the glitz and glamour?

Last edited:
nothing

****** love the drama

They're a billion dollar company, spending 30 million a year to get the NBA MVP is a drop in the bucket. 

The press alone today is probably worth a million at least...when was the last time anyone mentioned Under Armour in regards to Bball shoes? Not a single person cares about Steph Curry's shoes. 

or jennings craptastic things that dropped

UA only has Steph Curry under their belt in terms of basketball right? KD would be committing marketing suicide if he signed with UA and left Nike. Do you know how many little kids would lose their minds?

the keyword in that is recruiting

kd would be a **** if he didnt meet with them just off courtesy alone
C'mon cuh. KD doesn't owe Nike anything. Like I said they made $175 Mil off homeboy while only paying him $8.4 Mil. Go read a book...

ehhhh pretty sure Adi is winning that deal fam

if you gotta price your shoe down 20 bucks after the last model because the player was out for the whole season i wouldnt exactly call that winning
again adi is still winning because even with rose hurt thats 1/4 of what i see on the streets & they are overpriced as is to try & keep up with nike they can "afford" to discount a shoe they are already making hand over fist on...

quote]chill fam, you said it was DONE & you just got the tweet...the tweet clearly says preparing

Last edited:
i think you guys just want it to happen :lol:

cant see kd leaving nike like that. he aint built to up and leave soething already started

which is why i think he stays in okc for his career

Nike sees the cards on the table now. They're probably preparing a counter offer. Give him $31 and percentage points. It's a wrap. He was the MVP last year. He might really impress during the world games. The shoe bubble hasn't burst, stars like Jordan, Kobe, Lebron and KD bring Nike more than $1.5 billion.

UA only has Steph Curry under their belt in terms of basketball right? KD would be committing marketing suicide if he signed with UA and left Nike. Do you know how many little kids would lose their minds?
Little kids don't have the same brand loyalty as you or I. If KD switched and they announced it, they'd most likely make the switch. He's the best player in the league right now and is still young.

While it is great to see top athletes switch sides, unforeseeable consequences may also occur. Switching brands is not easy IMO. His performance on court may be affected due to his acclimation to Nike products. Not saying UA is inferior, but it COULD take some time for him to get used to their products.

C'mon cuh. KD doesn't owe Nike anything. Like I said they made $175 Mil off homeboy while only paying him $8.4 Mil. Go read a book...

go get get a bigger size shoe

legs look like they tryna escape the jaws of death

Back
Top Bottom