Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
quote]To be honest I just went with what the tweet said, had it been from a sneaker site I wouldn't have paid it any mind. People in here are just too quick to call someone a troll because whatever info doesn't fit  in with their dreams.

Last edited:
Doesn't it state that KD's contact with Nike is 7 years? So that means we should see a full season run with the 7's and after that what would've been his 8th shoe with Nike would end up being his 1st shoe with UA if he decided to go with UA. Is that basically how it would go or would his contract/shoe of 7 years be cut short with Nike since he would be going to UA if he decided to make that move? I'm confused.

Last edited:
Doesn't it state that KD's contact with Nike is 7 years? So that means we should see a full season run with the 7's and after that what would've been his 8th shoe with Nike would end up being his 1st shoe with UA if he decided to go with UA. Is that basically how it would go or would his contract/shoe of 7 years be cut short with Nike since he would be going to UA if he decided to make that move?
KD's contract with Nike has expired. 

Doesn't it state that KD's contact with Nike is 7 years? So that means we should see a full season run with the 7's and after that what would've been his 8th shoe with Nike would end up being his 1st shoe with UA if he decided to go with UA. Is that basically how it would go or would his contract/shoe of 7 years be cut short with Nike since he would be going to UA if he decided to make that move? I'm confused.
Hope not, I like the 7s.

That's the tweet I received today, ain't no one trolling nothing. Y'all sensitive as hell on here.[/quote]chill fam, you said it was DONE & you just got the tweet...the tweet clearly says preparing[/quote]To be honest I just went with what the tweet said, had it been from a sneaker site I wouldn't have paid it any mind. People in here are just too quick to call someone a troll because whatever info doesn't fit in with their dreams.[/quote]

well i never said you were trolling i just wanted to see the tweet you mentioned & didnt see it on UA's pg

That's the tweet I received today, ain't no one trolling nothing. Y'all sensitive as hell on here.[/quote]chill fam, you said it was DONE & you just got the tweet...the tweet clearly says preparing[/quote]To be honest I just went with what the tweet said, had it been from a sneaker site I wouldn't have paid it any mind. People in here are just too quick to call someone a troll because whatever info doesn't fit in with their dreams.[/quote]

well i never said you were trolling i just wanted to see the tweet you mentioned & didnt see it on UA's pg[/quote]No biggy bro, it wasn't you it was some other members.

Leo Changs already pitching KD 7 "the deal" colorway...

"what we did here was stay true to our lightning theme and created a shoe to symbolize how fast with lightning quickness KD has jumped ship. super general release of 30million units"

Michael McBride, Under Armour’s senior manager of sports marketing, is fueling the flames by posting a cryptic tweet today that hints at a potential big-time name coming over to the brand. Whether or not that is Durant remains to be seen.

Wish I could tell everyone what is going on today. #Future #GoodPeople #Recruiting #Partnerships pic.twitter.com/Jz0ktQCbPZ

— Michael McBride (@MikeMMcBride) August 5, 2014

ok that has merit
looks like its more than just the money. I can see under armour wants to help KD in charity endeavors and philanthrophy.
Nike sees the cards on the table now. They're probably preparing a counter offer. Give him $31 and percentage points. It's a wrap. He was the MVP last year. He might really impress during the world games. The shoe bubble hasn't burst, stars like Jordan, Kobe, Lebron and KD bring Nike more than $1.5 billion.
its going to screw things up badly for Nike. I heard Lebron only get $20-25 mil, Rory the same, and Tiger is at $40. Those guys won't be too pleased if KD is getting $30 plus. 

Doesn't it state that KD's contact with Nike is 7 years? So that means we should see a full season run with the 7's and after that what would've been his 8th shoe with Nike would end up being his 1st shoe with UA if he decided to go with UA. Is that basically how it would go or would his contract/shoe of 7 years be cut short with Nike since he would be going to UA if he decided to make that move?
The KD 6 started selling at around June last year and they also did the same for the KD7.  Before the KD6, his shoes started selling a month before the NBA season starts. The KD 6 and KD7 released months prior to the start of the NBA season. Looking at this time frame, if his contract expires this week, and if his shoes released every October, the KD7 will not have been released. If KD indeed decides to go to UA, I think the shoes will be pulled from the shelves, and will be re-branded to be re-released as a team basketball shoe within 3-5 years.

its going to screw things up badly for Nike. I heard Lebron only get $20-25 mil, Rory the same, and Tiger is at $40. Those guys won't be too pleased if KD is getting $30 plus. 
I'm not an economics major but if Lebron sold $300 in shoes last year. I'd ask for at least $5 million more per year. Course there was the whole didn't wear shoes thing.

But if I were any of these players, I'd capitalize on the current sneaker popularity before the bubble bursts. Part of the reason why the shoe is selling is because the signature star is wearing them.

Stop being cheap skates Nike. You know you charge a grip for them cheap shoes. At least let these stars make some cheese.

I want KD to stay true to his word about affordable shoes and remember his antedote about not being able to afford all the hottest shoes growing up and that's why he pled with Nike to make his shoes cheap, originally asked them for $35 pricepoint which of course they laughed him out of the room but remember initially his signatures were "only" $85. Now, they're as expensive as any other Nike shoe not LeBron's with + technology. And they still make them cheap as hell. He could go independent like Marbury did, or like SJax/Al Harrington did.

I don't think for a moment that someone can't step in and pick up where KD left off if he leaves for UA. I will still like him the same as I have and maybe even buy his shoes, but I can guarantee that he would not have the same reach and impact numbers wise with UA as he would with Nike. Maybe I give more credit to Nike than I should, but I just don't see it as the smart long term play. As an example, who has potential to sell more shoes? Steph Curry on Golden State with UA or Kyrie Irving on Cleveland(even before LBJ came back) with Nike?

UA only has Steph Curry under their belt in terms of basketball right? KD would be committing marketing suicide if he signed with UA and left Nike. Do you know how many little kids would lose their minds?
Curry, kemba, and Jennings are the biggest names they have. Man UA is making a smart move. Its like when Nike threw MJ his biggest shoe offer. MJ coming out of UNC was leaning towards converse since that's what he wore in college but the only company to take a risk and offer him a contract was Nike. When he signed Nike wasn't a basketball shoe powerhouse but look how that risk they took has paid off 30 years later. And this is the same thinking UA should be having going forward. And to be honest kd has never had a shoe that has performed as well on the court as some of the recent UA's

so the question is if your in his shoes would u leave nike and take the money to go to UA and maybe not sell as much? if your with nike and ur one of the top tiers u can put out doodoo brown shoes and theyll sell

Wow. That's a nice jump. Buy now. Hurry. Better than buying a full size run of JB retro.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom