Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
just caught up and 
laugh.gif

If I recall, I believe Adidas offered Kevin Durant more money than Nike as well in the beginning of his career, but he ended up with the Swoosh because all he ever wore was Nike.

If I recall, I believe Adidas offered Kevin Durant more money than Nike as well in the beginning of his career, but he ended up with the Swoosh because all he ever wore was Nike.
Trust. Adidas didn't offer no $30mil a year. That would be more than LeBron currently makes. 

KD got 30mil reasons not to be "loyal" to Nike. And bottom line, it is a business. 

UA stock is already jumping. Just from the idea. So already a smart move on their part, even if he doesn't sign.

so the question is if your in his shoes would u leave nike and take the money to go to UA and maybe not sell as much? if your with nike and ur one of the top tiers u can put out doodoo brown shoes and theyll sell
It's nice to have people wearing your shoes but the bottom like is the money. He feel that he can have the same following by switching the UA. They're selling him the vision on what could be. Realistically most athletes would probably prefer Nike but once they're in the business it's then about business. 

kind of a reach but after seeing what can happen to you as an athlete like what happened to Paul George...getting offered $30 mill a year off the court is def a nice security blanket if a freak injury happens.

Last edited:

so the question is if your in his shoes would u leave nike and take the money to go to UA and maybe not sell as much? if your with nike and ur one of the top tiers u can put out doodoo brown shoes and theyll sell
It's nice to have people wearing your shoes but the bottom like is the money. He feel that he can have the same following by switching the UA. They're selling him the vision on what could be. Realistically most athletes would probably prefer Nike but once they're in the business it's then about business. 
Key word is feels. The money is the selling point, but he can't think his UA shoes will do Nike numbers. That would asinine.

UA only has Steph Curry under their belt in terms of basketball right? KD would be committing marketing suicide if he signed with UA and left Nike. Do you know how many little kids would lose their minds?
Curry, kemba, and Jennings are the biggest names they have. Man UA is making a smart move. Its like when Nike threw MJ his biggest shoe offer. MJ coming out of UNC was leaning towards converse since that's what he wore in college but the only company to take a risk and offer him a contract was Nike. When he signed Nike wasn't a basketball shoe powerhouse but look how that risk they took has paid off 30 years later. And this is the same thinking UA should be having going forward. And to be honest kd has never had a shoe that has performed as well on the court as some of the recent UA's

It was actually Adidas that MJ almost signed with because that was his favorite brand growing up but Nike offered him his own sig with as much input as he wanted and Adidas couldn't match that.

In a heartbeat. $ makes the world go round and just cuz I'm signed to UA doesn't mean I can't have a sick Nike collection and wear them outside the court. If I recall, Dwyane Wade was seen wearing Toro IVs last year.

Nike might need KD because Kobe is near the end, and Adidas has a lot of the young talent.

Back
Top Bottom