Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
All the contract articles are relevant to the 7 now and should be allowed in this thread until he makes a choice. I'm not a mod though.

Wish my local stocked the GG lol, struggling trying to find a 9.5...

Hopefully some of the usual suspect euro sites come through :nerd:

So then I guess he won't play in the 7s at all this year. Then what- nike still releases kd 7 color ways during season?

My last words for this major come up for KD "money wise" would be a conspiracy theory. Can't keep what they have and cater to KD keeping him competitive and relevant. So the big guy at the wiz siphon money thru UA to lure KD to wiz off the books so to speak?

Yeah I see him wearing those for team USA. If he does sign I guess he just wears a UA model this year until his sig comes out next year. Not that it matters but I like seeing the player actually wearing the sneaker. Same thing with the lebron 11s for me. I guess it goes back to being a kid and balling in your favorite players kicks . Still like the 7s regardless

Wouldn't it be awkward putting the same tributes and things in his UA that Nike has already done though. Nike even made a shoe off his fav sandwich as a kid. UA has a lot to live up to.

Would the Nike contract just end or does it carry on throughout this coming season?

If so, there's still no way UA would rush a sig shoe out. He would probably rock the Clutchfit lows. Which I think look pretty dope.

I'm going to be brutally honest and say if I was offered 30 million a year by UA and I was KD I'd still stay with Nike. I understand UA is in his hometown but so what they didn't offer KD a contract when he first came to the NBA. Just the opportunity to be on the same company amongst the greats ( Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, Penny, Barkley, Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Aggassi, Serena Williams just to name a few) would have me blown away. KD's truly in a position to be one of those greats also. His fan base on Nike has grown greatly and I believe it will continue to grow even more. While if he goes to UA I believe and feel he will be starting all over and I personally won't be buying one pair of his shoes from that brand if he decides to go with them. I love what Leo Chang has done with he KD line and how the KD shoe is getting more of a defined look. Nike is an iconic brand and I'm hoping they step up to plate to keep KD whatever the case. With Adidas preparing an army (they're signing everybody lol) to come after Nike in 2015 I feel Nike needs to keep KD more than ever . Just my opinion though.

Another way to look at it would be KD could be Michael Jordan to Under Armour. 

At 30m a year, KD can't say no because there is no way Nike is coming close to that offer. Seems like an odd place Nike put themselves in by not tying up this contract before releasing the 7s. You'd think they would have done this last summer and if they lost KD they would have stopped development and production on the 7s.

good question, i can't remember if a nike athlete with his own shoe line left the brand while his new shoe was still releasing new cw's.

best guess is nike still releases them due to it'll still make them a ton of money and the shoes are probably produced already. or the kids in africa will be wearing some unreleased KD 7's.

So KD cancels his Nike meeting and heads to Toronto to workout with Westbrook and Steve Nash.  Hmmm....
I actually JUST saw westbrook here at UCLA holding 2 balls  and a Jordan 29 backpack on.

Another way to look at it would be KD could be Michael Jordan to Under Armour. 

It's possible from a sneaker perspective he could be but it all depends on UA bringing it off the bat with a casually appealing shoe. They already have tech that works well.

I wonder how this is affecting the resell market. Are folks pulling KDs offline and waiting for him to make a move before they sell them now? There's a few older KDs I still need. Smh

I'm going to be brutally honest and say if I was offered 30 million a year by UA and I was KD I'd still stay with Nike. I understand UA is in his hometown but so what they didn't offer KD a contract when he first came to the NBA. Just the opportunity to be on the same company amongst the greats ( Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, Penny, Barkley, Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Aggassi, Serena Williams just to name a few) would have me blown away. KD's truly in a position to be one of those greats also. His fan base on Nike has grown greatly and I believe it will continue to grow even more. While if he goes to UA I believe and feel he will be starting all over and I personally won't be buying one pair of his shoes from that brand if he decides to go with them. I love what Leo Chang has done with he KD line and how the KD shoe is getting more of a defined look. Nike is an iconic brand and I'm hoping they step up to plate to keep KD whatever the case. With Adidas preparing an army (they're signing everybody lol) to come after Nike in 2015 I feel Nike needs to keep KD more than ever . Just my opinion though.
1. Under Armour had no bball presence in 2007. Plus probably couldn't have matched Nike's offer back then.

2. While I agree that Nike has a level of prestige, I'd say the ultimate goal of any athlete should be to make your own path. Just like Jordan would never have joined a super team just to win championships, I highly doubt he would stay with a shoe company just because there was a tradition or prestige.

3. "I personally won't be buying one pair of his shoes from that brand..." Seems a little immature since A. he hasn't signed and B. you don't know what it'll look like or how it'll perform.

4. Shhh. Money Talks. KD would be foolish to turn down that kind of money.

gah im so torn on this i hate to see it happen cause i love the kds being from oklahoma but i dont know if i could see myself rockin UA casually like that nothing against UA i love their cleats and running shoes but i havent really seen them make something i can just go out in tbh

1. Under Armour had no bball presence in 2007. Plus probably couldn't have matched Nike's offer back then.

2. While I agree that Nike has a level of prestige, I'd say the ultimate goal of any athlete should be to make your own path. Just like Jordan would never have joined a super team just to win championships, I highly doubt he would stay with a shoe company just because there was a tradition or prestige.

3. "I personally won't be buying one pair of his shoes from that brand..." Seems a little immature since A. he hasn't signed and B. you don't know what it'll look like or how it'll perform.

4. Shhh. Money Talks. KD would be foolish to turn down that kind of money.

My statement was from an opinion stand point as yours basically is also. But how and where I chose to spend my money isn't an opinion it's my business. 98% of my shoe collection is Nike as it will stay. I'm not a die hard KD fan I honestly just start taking interest in shoes on the 4's and made my first purchase with the KD 5. I don't wear Reeboks even though they're more popular now, New Balance, Asics, or Li-Ning because D Wade is up there. I just prefer Nike, which is not a sign of being "immature" it's simply a sign of preference.

gah im so torn on this i hate to see it happen cause i love the kds being from oklahoma but i dont know if i could see myself rockin UA casually like that nothing against UA i love their cleats and running shoes but i havent really seen them make something i can just go out in tbh

You can go out in UAs! Just walk out your door fire up the mower and proceed to cut grass. Viola :lol:

The Footlocker in Solano Mall (Fairfield, CA)  has one 11.5 left in the Global Games if anyone is interested.  

If ever KD leaves Nike, they still technically own the design of the KD7 right? But probably have to let go of the "KD" branding perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom