**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Groovy Q
pimp.gif

Last edited:
That's because everyone loves the nostalgia of hits from
The 90's, and at parties, the safe way to go is always with hits that everybody knows.

Facts. Imagine if Kendrick Cole or drake died. We'd be hearing their songs until our hairs are grey

That's because everyone loves the nostalgia of hits from
The 90's, and at parties, the safe way to go is always with hits that everybody knows.

Facts. Imagine if Kendrick Cole or drake died. We'd be hearing their songs until our hairs are grey

They don't need to die for that to happen just like Big didn't need to die for his songs to get played off the hook.

Some of y'all really need to get off this bird ****.

Or they're just great records.

I'm not saying they aren't great records, but going along with the whole "people rather hear that at a pool party than swimming pools" lol

I get that but not every 90's artist/song gets rocked today.

There's still levels and BIG was one of those at the upper level.

Last edited:
We're big pun and big L literally the kings of hip hop at one point? [emoji]129300[/emoji] Seriously. Did big L have any hits?

And matter fact I DO hear "I don't wanna be a playa" by big pun STILL. They will not stop playing it. It's a great song don't get me wrong but a lot of these songs are played cuz them dudes are dead. It's like a tribute

:lol: it's not bird **** illphillip it's the truth. Y'all need to stop pretending dying didn't catapult them dudes into a different stratosphere

Who is calling up the the radio asking for big poppa on the rregular ? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Last edited:
Or they're just great records.

Back to Kendrick, if I was a DJ I'd keep "***** Don't Kill My Vibe" in my sets for the next 20 years.

Maybe Poetic Justice as well.

Who is calling up the the radio asking for big poppa on the rregular ? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Bird **** :lol:

You can have your "truth".

Last edited:
Dont understand why yall think these songs are still played bc theyre dead....theyre just good songs

Plenty of dead rappers that get zero spins after teh fact that theyre dead...

Last edited:
Dont understand why yall think these songs are still played bc theyre dead....theyre just good songs

Plenty of dead rapper that get zero spins after teh fact that theyre dead...

No one is saying they aren't good songs. But it's foolish to act like their death doesn't HELP

Who are these megastar rappers that died and don't have their songs played?

How come I dont hear classic Eminem tracks on the radio as big as a star as he is?

Last edited:

Plenty of dead rapper that get zero spins after teh fact that theyre dead...

No one is saying they aren't good songs. But it's foolish to act like their death doesn't HELP

Who are these megastar rappers that died and don't have their songs played?

How come I dont hear classic Eminem tracks on the radio as big as a star as he is?

Last 7 days. Next question?

View media item 2412762
View media item 2412774

Last edited:
Fair enough, go head and answer the question before that though [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Idc what nobody say biggie AND Tupac(although Tupac stood for a lot more and was more impactful) death helped them become the mythical ghosts that they are today.

"Mr. One through Five, that’s the only logic
Fake my death, go to Cuba, that’s the only option"
Kdot - ELEMENT

Last edited:
Fair enough, go head and answer the question before that though [emoji]129300[/emoji]

No thanks. Wasn't directed at me and I can't think of any other "megastar" rappers off the top of my head.

Maybe Heavy D? Phife? But they weren't at Big/Pac level obviously.

What you fail to realize is the direct correlation between how they're revered AFTER they passed and how they were revered when they were alive.

It was just too easy to respond to the ridiculous question after it with hard data.

Last edited:
Revisited TPAB today, theres some gems I missed on my first listen cycle. I retract any hate I've sent TPAB (though I'm sure I haven't)

Theres like 4-5 songs I still can't rock with

That boy waves :lol:

No thanks. Wasn't directed at me and I can't think of any other "megastar" rappers off the top of my head.

Maybe Heavy D? Phife? But they weren't at Big/Pac level obviously.

What you fail to realize is the direct correlation between how they're revered AFTER they passed and how they were revered when they were alive.

It was just too easy to respond to the ridiculous question after it with hard data.

Funny as **** when lil dudes that just got nutted out or maybe 2 when Pac and Big died claim to know how they were viewed when they were living.

That's like me tryna tell a old head "Oh Marvin Gaye is overrated".

Back
Top Bottom