**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

laugh.gif

[thread="606863"]
It's pretty funny and interesting to see the contrasting opinions in this thread.  ​

That's what makes the album even better, because if it was wack there wouldn't even be a discussion, just flaming.​

People who don't like it at least have to respect it because it's so different and not on par with the norm that we ALWAYS hear.​

I respect people that say it's just not for them, but at least give props knowing that quality time and effort was put into the music.​

If you downplay and discredit the work of art then that's your business.​

At the end of the day this album is something you can't ignore and it will speak to you in some form.

Everything is not for everyone.​

[/thread]
Meekmeals? That you?

Im honestly having a hard time picking a "favorite" song. 

Its like:

"Oh, this is def. the best one on the album..... *next song*

Maybe this one though...." 

Not a bad problem to have really. 
pimp.gif

my starting 5

Alright
You Aint Gotta Lie
Hood Politics
For Sale?
King Kunta

with

These Walls

comign off the bench as a 6th man :lol:

First listen didn't rock with it only cause I was expecting some GKMC Kendrick but after actually sitting down .
Kendrick , I'll say this him going a different direction is what hip hop needed. I love when an artist can give you something completely different than what's trendy right now and I respect the guy for it Ill keep about 5 songs off actually sitting down and listening .

The intro is flames, these walls, how much a dollar cost are my standouts

"Uh, and when I wake up
I recognize you're lookin' at me for the pay cut
But homicide be lookin' at you from the face down
What Mac-11 even boom with the bass down
Schemin'! And let me tell you 'bout my life
Painkillers only put me in the twilight
Where pretty ***** and Benjamin is the highlight
Now tell my momma I love her but this what I like."

ALLS MY LIFE I HAS TO FIGHT *****

Can't wait to ride out to this **** in the summer.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Haven't seen it mentioned a lot really but Im REALLY vibing with 'Momma' right now. 
nthat.gif

"....if i was the President,
i'd pay my Momma rent,
free my homies and them,
bulletproof my Chevy dooors,
lay in the White house
and get hiiiiiigh Looooord!!!!!!"
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
How much a dollar Cost 
pimp.gif

Sounds so much like a Dr Dre beat Kendrick skated on that joint...

Last edited:
After 4-5 spins... Man.

So complex, so pure, so beautiful.

I'm really loving this album!

The motifs and themes present in the album are super relevant in today's society and the way he executes these ideas are done so well.

At first hear, I knew this album was great... No doubt. But it really takes a few more spins to fully catch everything. I would even recommend having Rap Genius open as well because it helps to clarify a lot of things.

This man can do wrong... Much respect K Dot.

Had to make best buy get it out of the back. I don't even think target picked up this album. It's not even on their site. Smh. Numbers could be so much better.

You ain't gotta lie is so damn groovy :pimp:. Finna hit this two step

man that track sound like a BBQ with ya family old and young folks two stepping with a red cup in they hand and the OGs talking bout "you dont know nothing about this young blood"

:smokin

the end when the vocoder comes in sounding like Roger Troutman

Last edited:
Had to make best buy get it out of the back. I don't even think target picked up this album. It's not even on their site. Smh. Numbers could be so much better.

i get what you're saying but realistically in 2015 what % of people are actually going to cop albums in stores?

gotta be small

i realize there will always be physical collectors out there. i'm that way with movies

but i think most people that are gonna cop did so on itunes/googleplay/amazon digitally.

maybe i'm wrong though

enlighten me bros

Album is available in Houston Best Buy's, well at least on the east side. Wife scooped me up one a few minutes ago.

The Blacker The Berry
Complexion
i

All fire, need to listen to the on the commute home to give it a quality one on one listen.

I always get seduced by bangers on my first few listens so Alright has been geting abused. That **** goes HARD.

However my fav song atm is probably Momma. Joint is too smooth... Got that Dilla feel to it :smokin

This album is spectacular. I really appreciate his effort on this project. It lets me know that he truly cares...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom