*******OFFICIAL KID CUDI THREAD******* MOTM II: The Legend of Mr. Rager OUT NOW!!!!

Chip Tha Ripper will probably fill out the rest of that Glory track. Almighty Glorious is the name of their duo.

i have no idea why someone as talented as cudi would want to make music wit the likes of chip tha ripper...

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

i have no idea why someone as talented as cudi would want to make music wit the likes of chip tha ripper...

chip has flow though, i dig dudes music. cudis production is on point, but he's got a long way to go lyrically

[h1]SPIN Magazine Review - Man On The Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager[/h1]Hip-hop's chronic TMI traveler documents his odyssey into hip-hop's dark, bottle-service heart

cudder.jpg
cudder2.jpg

Kid Cudi is one $*+**!-up dude. This is not Web-lurking speculation. It's been the rapper's ongoing, on-the-record confession since he proclaimed, almost jauntily, "I'm looking for a substance to drown in," on the first song, "Down & Out," on his first mixtape, 2008's stoner picaresque A Kid Named Cudi. Last year's ambitious, if unfocused, official debut, Man on the Moon: The End of Day, reeled with references to "night terrors," compulsive drug use, and his deceased father. "A happy ending would be slitting my throat," he mused.

Yet Cudi expresses this heavy-hearted disarray with a brashly naive yearning. It's as if admitting his flaws is his creative passkey, like horny solipsism is for, say, John Updike or Snoop Dogg. And trying to frame that lyrical $*+**!-upness so it's not trite or pathetic pushes his music into intriguingly skewed places (the laconic dance-club drift of "Day 'N' Nite"). Like Drake and benefactor/collaborator Kanye West, Cudi works a rapping/singing hybrid that prizes raw emotion. But he shies from their will to power; Beck's waggish melancholy and shrugging disregard for genre is a closer fit.

That said, Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager, the sequel to The End of Day, is a revelation, boldly reshaping Cudi's sound---with vivid production by Emile, Plain Pat, the Cool Kids' Chuck Inglish, Jim Jonsin, Diplo, and others. The album’s narrative (yes, there is one this time, and it mercifully does not involve a Biography Channel voice- over by Common!) follows an idealistic artist who gets trapped in hip-hop's make-it-rain imaginarium and emerges a predictably stupefied casualty. His cautionary journey takes the music in a makeshift '90s-alt-rock direction, jacked up on jittery beats that eerily mirror the rush and crash of someone who's been given way too much access to way too much %+$. The dizzy friction between rap's grasping for control and rock's desire to lose it entirely give Cudi's confessions a dicey, volatile edge.

On album opener "Horizon," he adopts the role of semi-reliable narrator (as if): "Hello, how is everyone doing?" he offers over a keyboard twinkle; but when he claims "I'm your big brother" on "Revofev," it's got an ominous tinge, as strings crescendo, percussion rattles, and psych guitar lurches. "Where will you be for the revolution?" he asks, apropos of, well, the type of +!*# you say when you're high on coke trying to be meaningful. By the filmic swirl of "Don't Play This Song," he's gone, double-time spitting about drugs, predatory girls, his mom. "Be careful," a female chorus implores.

"Marijuana" grows eerier, as he forcefully articulates why he needs to be stoned to balance the craziness in his head, against a keytar-**$ blare and chattering drums. Darkness creeps on "Groovin'," "Mojo So Dope," "Wildin' Cuz I'm Young," and "Maniac" (featuring Cage, playing the psychotic fool), as Cudi gets punchier the more he parties.

"Mr. Rager," a would-be arena anthem with a teasing guitar riff that never ascends, is the ingenious anticlimax. Cudi singsongs to himself---the wayward title character---entreating, "Tell me where you're going ... when will the fantasy end?" He gently envies the birds just "singin', flyin' around." And with good reason, considering the fiendishness haunting him elsewhere. Mary J. Blige wails, "Don't you worry," on the outro, but Cudi's off again, still struggling to heed his own album's advice.

By the sounds of that review... it seems like we've heard a good half of the album already.... not happy about that. Wylin cause I'm young shouldn't be on the album and neither should Mojo so dope

This is all the recent info I've collected. A lot of stuff has leaked. Stuff we've heard in bold:

November 9th, 2010???

Man On The Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager
- Horizon

- REVOFEV (produced by Plain Pat)

- Don't Play This Song
Spoiler [+]
- Marijuana

- Groovin'

- Mojo So Dope (produced by Emile)

- Wylin Cause I'm Young Ft. Kanye West

- Maniac Ft. Cage

- Mr. Rager (produced by Kanye West)

- Ghost (produced by Emile)
Spoiler [+]
- Don't You Worry Ft. Mary Jay Blige/Trapped In My mind/Not That Bad (produced by Dot Da Genius)
Spoiler [+]
Possible Tracks:
- Erase Me Ft. Kanye West (produced by Kanye West)

- Deep Sleep/Love Connection Part 2
Spoiler [+]
- Almighty Glorious Ft. Chip Tha Ripper

- I Do My Thing Ft. Snoop Dogg (produced by Rashad "Ringo" Smith)

Other features:
GLC
Cee Lo

Other Producers:
Diplo

Press Photos for MOTM2:

Screen-shot-2010-09-14-at-9.03.15-AM.png

Other Untitled Album
???

Ya, I'm a Stan, and what...

Complex: Speaking of Wale, when you hit that fan at your show last December, he came out with a line about it ["Throwin' 'round wallets like the dude that Kid Cudi hit," from "Thank You Freestyle"].

KiD CuDi: It wasn’t a shot, it’s just a simple-*%* rhyme by a simple-*%* rapper. You can’t let that !%*+ faze you. That’s one of those raps that just shows the world that you wack. Why would you even use that as a metaphor? Everybody think they Hov. !%+@!# ain’t got the magic like they think they do; there’s only a couple of wizards in this game. I’m a wizard and I know it.

roll.gif

tired.gif
Look Up In Da Stars was my iish tho

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

smh @ him gettin at wale like that�
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
Word. I wasnt expecting him to go hard like that.

But yea for those of you that heard More About Nothing, doesnt it seem as if he was talking about Kid Cudi in The Number One?

I lost my connection with a ? ,
Athlete mentality so %%*# my competition ,
Me and him was homeless , maybe we still cool ,
But every time we book , we stay in our green room ,
Maybe its on me , or brother its on you ,
Or maybe its they fault that we aint holla since June ,
%%*# it we on the move , none of use tryna lose ,
I am out of this world and you a man on the moon ,
I'll meet you in the sky ,
Look this whole time , we was comin from separate towns tu hold down ,
I figure this where my heart at ,
This #*+% has got my soul ,
I tell them !%!*$+ picture me rollin i get the Kodak ,
If ya'll don't know ya history ya'll should look a lil' closer ,
I feel like Quasimoto with all this #*+% on my shoulders ,
They say this media changed , these verses gettin strange ,
Who you know famous and rich can say the same.? ,
How can !%!*$+ blame us , i am not ashamed but ,
I don't understand how this game made us strangers , look ,
Competition , for the love and anyway it go , they gon remember us ,
My %$$+$ , its all love , that's how this #*+% be goin when you go for number one ,

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

tired.gif
Look Up In Da Stars was my iish tho

I heard that wasnt even official though.

erase me will be on the album that is for sure

18 tracks.. o nd whylin cuz im young shouldnt be on the album unless the one we've heard is unfinished (word to Sky Might Fall/Day N Nite..)

I'm telling yall right now...that marijuana cut....

..yall better start rolling up L's right now in preparation.
pimp.gif

And Chip is cold, %+*% what anyone says.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I'm telling yall right now...that marijuana cut....

..yall better start rolling up L's right now in preparation.
pimp.gif

And Chip is cold, #+$$ what anyone says.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU................

better than Hyyerr??

^IMO, it's comparable to hyyer. I only heard a snippet of the 1st verse and hook but my boy Rami said it wasn't complete yet.

But it just got that Chris Tucker rolling up back-to-back feeling to it
smokin.gif
. Smoooooooth #!! beat.

I cann not wait to hear the official version of ghost and trapped in my mind. I %##$ my pants when i heard it at his concert.

How much extra music is gonna be included in this deluxe edition he's offering?

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

^IMO, it's comparable to hyyer. I only heard a snippet of the 1st verse and hook but my boy Rami said it wasn't complete yet.

But it just got that Chris Tucker rolling up back-to-back feeling to it
smokin.gif
. Smoooooooth #%% beat.

can't wait,,, one of my goals in life is to direct CuDi/Chip - Hyyerr video... kfahfjasfhsajhfjahflahfaj
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom