*******OFFICIAL KID CUDI THREAD******* MOTM II: The Legend of Mr. Rager OUT NOW!!!!

"My World" is gettin major plays from me
pimp.gif
, the hook is just nice. Def. gonna go cop the deluxe edition on Tuesday.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

everybody aint gone like cudi's style tho...
this is all it comes down to. You either like him or you don't. and the people that aren't into Cudi's style just need to come at itwith an open mind because his #$%@ is Dope.

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

^Yes.

I think someone mentioned the UCR Block Party on here. It's September 25 at University of California Riverside and it's Kid Cudi, Talib Kweli, & Mickey Factz. I really want to go but does anyone know if its open to non-students? I think I read that there is no ticket or wristband required so I imagine I can just go right in.
It's open to everyone, at least it was last year.

this album is so dope
pimp.gif

cudi zone is probably my favorite track at the moment

my favorite track has changed a few times since my first listen
laugh.gif

i like every single track on the album

Just got back from havin' fun over in NYC. Cudi's music fits the vibe soo perfectly. Headed there we had windows down blasting Pursuit of Happiness.Chicks with us gave us the
eyes.gif
at first when it came on, by 2nd replay theywere singing along the chorus. "...I'll be goooooodd"
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

But along with a few others in this thread I agree...
M.O.T.M > B.P.III

Read all of Craigmatic's replies on last page, couldn't have said it any better. But just to add someting else, I've had numerous people telling meBP3 is "CRAZY" yet they keep repeating the same 3-4 songs, AND one of those tracks is the Cudi track, yet they won't give him & his album achance
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

^Yes.

I think someone mentioned the UCR Block Party on here. It's September 25 at University of California Riverside and it's Kid Cudi, Talib Kweli, & Mickey Factz. I really want to go but does anyone know if its open to non-students? I think I read that there is no ticket or wristband required so I imagine I can just go right in.
It's open to everyone, at least it was last year.
Open to urrone

Album grew on me, still don't like Day n Night and Make Her Say, plus 2-3 other songs. I like how different the album sounds, some songs are so dope butothers are extremely annoying. Either way, I like it enough for him to get my support.

Does the deluxe have the extra 3 songs on the CD or the DVD?

@ 1st my fave song was My World, then it changed to Mr Solo Dolo ( although it's old) but now I'km feeling In My Dreams & Pursuit Of Happiness.Wasn't feeling his performance w/ Jay but the Letterman performance was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

this is all it comes down to. You either like him or you don't. and the people that aren't into Cudi's style just need to come at it with an open mind because his #$%@ is Dope.
they wont and thats why his album wont sell.

Another major reason why MOTM wont sell is because he doesnt have anyone featured on it. Thats what made So Far Gone so popular and made Drake as big as he isnow. Notice how Comeback Season and Room for Improvement went on deaf ears until Drake put Wayne, Bun B, Trey Songz, Lloyd etc. on his mixtape.

Now im not saying him having no features on there a bad thing, i personally think its the dopest album i have heard in a long time but im not the average rapmusic fan.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

this is all it comes down to. You either like him or you don't. and the people that aren't into Cudi's style just need to come at it with an open mind because his #$%@ is Dope.
they wont and thats why his album wont sell.

Another major reason why MOTM wont sell is because he doesnt have anyone featured on it. Thats what made So Far Gone so popular and made Drake as big as he is now. Notice how Comeback Season and Room for Improvement went on deaf ears until Drake put Wayne, Bun B, Trey Songz, Lloyd etc. on his mixtape.

Now im not saying him having no features on there a bad thing, i personally think its the dopest album i have heard in a long time but im not the average rap music fan.
but cudi's style / music isn't targeted towards the average rap music fan.

i don't know where you're going with that "no features" argument because MGMT and Ratatat are well-known acts in their own right ( no, notthe average rap fan ) and his buzz is not on Drake's status but it well cuz of the Kanye push.

and who really cares about how much he sells?

just from the structure of the LP it's meant to be some personal music...how a debut LP is supposed to be like...kinda what we're missing from everyother generic carbon-copy artist.

^ Well... he was talking about just randomly deleting it one day so he can focus on his blog.

I'm guessing he committed twittercide.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

This is closer to a 808's than a BP3. & I've seen the word fact thrown around when really it's not a fact but it's just an opinion. To me both albums have their moments & this thread should focus on those moments on MOTM.

*edit* this album has no auto tune but fam isn't the best singer nor the best rapper lol & he whines about not being popular growing up & not having chicks. Pretty simular to 808's imo.
exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit that going in I didn't think I'd like this album, but to my surprise , save for a few songs, I felt the whole thing. I haven't beenreading all the pages of this thread, but it has a Gnarls Barkley alternative kinda vibe to it although I don't think they are as into weed, shrooms, etc.as Cudi is
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Hyyer is such piffery. That beat is so damn soulful. Kanye made that track?

Produced by Crada. Kanye only did poke her face and the sky might fall.

Back
Top Bottom