*******OFFICIAL KID CUDI THREAD******* MOTM II: The Legend of Mr. Rager OUT NOW!!!!

The Cd is aite...but like alot of people said the lyrics arent there at all, but the melodies and beats are good

Its much better than i thought it would be

How many records do you think Cudi will sell first week???

Originally Posted by VicRain24

The Cd is aite...but like alot of people said the lyrics arent there at all, but the melodies and beats are good

Upon first listen, I love this album

Pursuit of Happiness will probably end up as one of my favorite songs ever

Been playing this non-stop last two weeks. Picked up Deluxe, no bonus tracks.

Last CD i bought was Graduation.

Emo is short for emotion. You guys dont like emotions in your "rap". Which this isnt.

Also, fans of this should pick up the new Brand New album "Daisy".

Originally Posted by fundz4

Emo is short for emotion. You guys dont like emotions in your "rap". Which this isnt.

Don't get smart. You know the connotation people associate with "emo". If somebody called you emo you would take offense.

Originally Posted by romedadude

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Damn 80K ...u think so?? If he gets that...that wuld be pretty good for a debut artist in this "Buying CD Recession"

WHERE ARE MY BONUS SONGS?!?!?!?!?!?
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by romedadude

Don't get smart. You know the connotation people associate with "emo". If somebody called you emo you would take offense.

hahaha, okay. ill get stupid.

LOL don't get carried away. I'm very surprised at how many people on here are really enjoying Kid Cudi, but I don't expect most ofthem to like Brand New. I've tried and tried to promote Brand New on here. They are probably 2 of my top 3 favorite artists right now (with the otherbeing the Roots), but they are VERY different types of music. Yes, the are similar in the emotion put into the music, but it's alot easier to understandKid Cudi's emotion if that makes sense. Brand New's emotion comes from their instrumentals & vocal tones just as much as their lyrics whereasCudders emotion is mostly identified via lyricism.

How is the Brand new album? I'm contemplating seeing them next month but I'm sure they are gonna play the new stuff and less from "The Devil andGod are raging inside me" so I hope the new stuff is good

For those of you asking about the shirt:

CD's do not come on the shirt (there are some stupid NTers).

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

How is the Brand new album? I'm contemplating seeing them next month but I'm sure they are gonna play the new stuff and less from "The Devil and God are raging inside me" so I hope the new stuff is good

It's streaming on their myspace.

Personally, I don't like to listen to albums until the band officially releases it. Whether that be on release date, or if they stream the whole albumsomewhere like Brand New is doing. I've been busy all day so I just started listening but it sounds good so far. Vices is CRAZY. I liked "YouStole" alot as well. I had heard "Bought A Bride" & "Gasoline" several times because they have been playing them live for about ayear but I'm quite pleased with the changes to the album version.

I'm seeing them twice next month (once in LA / once in SD / both with Manchester Orchestra opening) and I am stoked. They are a great live band, andthey said themselves that they wrote this album more as something they would enjoy playing live rather than something that sounds awesome in studio butdoesn't translate to a performance.

Good job posting up the Cudi shirt pics. It's such a deal to get the shirt and album for $20. I had never stepped in Hot Topic in my life but went to getthe shirt today and basically got the album for free

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

How is the Brand new album? I'm contemplating seeing them next month but I'm sure they are gonna play the new stuff and less from "The Devil and God are raging inside me" so I hope the new stuff is good

Personally, I don't like to listen to albums until the band officially releases it. Whether that be on release date, or if they stream the whole album somewhere like Brand New is doing. I've been busy all day so I just started listening but it sounds good so far. Vices is CRAZY. I liked "You Stole" alot as well. I had heard "Bought A Bride" & "Gasoline" several times because they have been playing them live for about a year but I'm quite pleased with the changes to the album version.

I'm seeing them twice next month (once in LA / once in SD / both with Manchester Orchestra opening) and I am stoked. They are a great live band, and they said themselves that they wrote this album more as something they would enjoy playing live rather than something that sounds awesome in studio but doesn't translate to a performance.

Thanks
pimp.gif

If I like what I hear I will head to their palladium show on the 18th in October

Originally Posted by enrique23

just finished listening to the cd twice and i love it
pimp.gif

the shirt is sick too
pimp.gif
it will be copped

I'm telling you, if you're a size L, I got you.

Yeah he may not have deep metaphors or double entendres but his lyrics paint a picture. It may be a simple picture but every listener can see it.

I forget the exact lyric but his verse on hyyer "talking bout weed in him/maybe its cause of all of the weed in him/ cause and effect most people dontknow" just simple $%*$ like that increase the musical experience

Held out and listened to it for the first time and
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That %+%% had me bumping hard. I love the way Sky My Fall came out. It sounds amazing. So far I like Sky Might Fall, Pursuit Of Happiness, Cudi Zone, My Worldwas decent, and Hyyer. Im about to go through it again

Do It Alon would have went so PERFECT in this album. He really should have included it

Also Ive been bumping this song HARD as well. Idk if Im late but to those who havent heard this song. This %+%% is ILLLLL. Cudi kills it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

http://www.youtube.com/v/A1gWffUVORo&rel=1http://www.youtube.com/v/A1gWffUVORo&rel=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/A1gWffUVORo&rel=1http://www.youtube.com/v/A1gWffUVORo&rel=1

cudi got a 9.5/10 from rapreviews, xl from xxl and 3/5 stars from rolling stone.. pretty good reception. i'm so glad to see this dude finally getting theshine he's deserved all along and he's finally escaped being known as the "day n nite" guy.

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

Personally, I don't like to listen to albums until the band officially releases it. Whether that be on release date, or if they stream the whole album somewhere like Brand New is doing. I've been busy all day so I just started listening but it sounds good so far. Vices is CRAZY. I liked "You Stole" alot as well. I had heard "Bought A Bride" & "Gasoline" several times because they have been playing them live for about a year but I'm quite pleased with the changes to the album version.

I'm seeing them twice next month (once in LA / once in SD / both with Manchester Orchestra opening) and I am stoked. They are a great live band, and they said themselves that they wrote this album more as something they would enjoy playing live rather than something that sounds awesome in studio but doesn't translate to a performance.

I agree. Gotta see em live in Oct, album needs to grow on me. TDGARIM was soo good, its crazy how they change styles each record.

Someone needs to make a wallpaper of the inside right flap of the Deluxe edition

And why are we talking about Brand New? But yes there last album was pretty good... didn't know they had anything new tho.

Back
Top Bottom