*******OFFICIAL KID CUDI THREAD******* MOTM II: The Legend of Mr. Rager OUT NOW!!!!

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

Damn, Cudi is projected to sell 190,000 in its first week...
nicee
pimp.gif
My dude
pimp.gif

So far for me my favortie songs are
Marijuana
Scott Mescudi vs. The World
The Mood
All Along
Ghost

But I cant even say those are my favorites because I love the whole ENTIRE album.
pimp.gif

I also love how they re-did the ending to Mr. Rager. Im a sucker for strings.

When I first fully listened to MOTM1 from "In My Dreams" to "Up, Up and Way", I felt it was INCREDIBLE after the first lisen through. I was vibin' to every single track, minus "My World", which grew on me after a while. Now, with MOTM2, I feel it's a SOLID and an excellent sophomore album, but it not touching the original. I feel that MOTM1 set the bar too high that it made me expect Mr. Rager to somehow outdo himself, which wasn't the case. With MOTM1, I always have dfficulty selecting my "Top 5" because it's everchanging 'til this day. However, with MOTM2, I can easily select my "Top 5" without second guessing myself. Maybe more tracks will grow on me. However, all in all, I still "enjoyed" the eerier, dark, emotional MOTM2 by Mr. Rager.

Top 5 (no order)
Scott Mescudi vs. The World
Mr. Rager
These Worries
All Along
Ghost

Honorable Mentions
Maniac
Trapped in My Mind

Top 5 6(in no particular order):

Mr. Ranger
MANIAC
Marijuana
All Along
GHOST
Trapped In My Mind

*Cudi gets 6 slots for this album

Honorable Mentions:
The Mood
The End
REVOFEV

so I've been listening to this album a lot for the past couple weeks and my final verdict is that MOTM is still better, but not by far. I could listen to MOTM2 all the way thru without skipping a song. cant really say the same for MOTM, cuz it did have a couple skippable tracks. BUT MOTM is loaded with a bunch of my favorite Cudi tracks (Soundtrack 2 My Life, Solo Dolo, Heart Of A Lion, Cudi Zone, etc...). all though MOTM2 does have great songs, it doesn't have as many stand-out tracks as his first album had. still a great album tho. I really like the darker feel he went for on this one. Cudi is doin his thing right now. I'm def looking forward to his future projects.

pimp.gif

Like I said, although this album is not as good as MOTM, I've changed my mind on the album. Listening to it through your headphones rather than from speakers takes it to another level.

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Like I said, although this album is not as good as MOTM, I've changed my mind on the album. Listening to it through your headphones rather than from speakers takes it to another level.

That is so true....cause when I listen to it while I'm at work its sounds a lot better thru my headphones

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

I see a lot of white girls in the crowd... which means I need to go to a Cudi show

The show I saw in Kalamazoo Michigan was ALLL white girls. Never seen so many good looking white girls in my life.

I swear Cudi is that dude, Now no this album isn't better than the first, and how could it be, he set the bar so high. But this album is definitely amazing. Right now Im stuck on Mr. Rager and Ghost. It's even hard for me to believe I listen to Cudi as much as I do considering most of the time Im listening to Gucci, Waka, and Drake, but Cudi truly makes some good music ppl can relate to........... And as others said you really got to listen to this album with headphones, it sounds 10x better.

MUCH better on the 2nd + listens.

My top 5:
mojo so dope
marijuana
ashin kusher
maniac
wylin cuz i'm young

I haven't finished hearing the whole album cause I keep repeating Scott Mescuid V.s. The World but mainly for Cee Lo Green. His voice is great and fits so well with the beat

pimp.gif
 cd .. i think 17 is my favorite though ..
was he doing coke on #13 ??

love #3 because mary j is on it

hate we aite cuz its only 1:30

Back
Top Bottom