Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I really hope that is the case, becuase from what I am seeing you can not purchase the inserts unless you I.D. a shoe. For hooping purposes the color of a shoe has never really mattered to me. But $65 (I.D. shoe price $45 more than retail and add $20 for the full length insert) to get a full length insert is nonsense.
They'll probably do one GR with full zoom and it'll be the ugliest colorway. Nike don't play around

View media item 1862227First off, noticeable black smudge on the toe of the flyknit right out of the box. Not sure what I should do about it. Performance wise I liked them. Felt like they held up just as well or better than the 9 OR 10. Traction is good IMO and I don't feel it's like the X. Seems like it has more of that normal crisp grip compared to the soft grip the X had. Wiped the bottoms a few times but when I did, grip was great. Shoe definitely felt lighter as well, noticed that the first step I took. Balled two hrs and didn't even have them tied very tight. Sometimes I'd have to tighten previous pairs while playing but these felt good all the way through. All in all, another great hoop shoe if you ask me!

Last edited:
View media item 1862241
I went and checked these out. I liked them a lot. Very comfortable just a little tight in the toebox but even after walking around I could feel them breaking in. Sizing I went with the same size as the Kobe 9 elites and it's a good fit, maybe just run a tad longer. The flyknit imo was way softer and not as enforced as pass models. It's much closer to true flyknit. Anyway, really looking forward to seeing future colorways

Last edited:
I just read a write up on NDC for the new release and they say the red symbolizes the love the fans gave the black symbolizes the haters. So dumb lol

I just read a write up on NDC for the new release and they say the red symbolizes the love the fans gave the black symbolizes the haters. So dumb lol
roll.gif

I hate to ask another sizing question but how do they fit length wise compare to the 4 and 8? I wear a 11 in Jordans. For nike free flyknit I do 11.5. For the Kobes 4 and 8 both are 11 but I should of went with an 11.5 due to the length in the toes. I'm waiting to order the purples online hopefully under retail like the red ones that released early.

I hate to ask another sizing question but how do they fit length wise compare to the 4 and 8? I wear a 11 in Jordans. For nike free flyknit I do 11.5. For the Kobes 4 and 8 both are 11 but I should of went with an 11.5 due to the length in the toes. I'm waiting to order the purples online hopefully under retail like the red ones that released early.

Same sizes as you. I wear 11 in Jordans, 11.5 in flyknit frees. For Kobe 8 I actually have an 11.5 and 12. However for the 11 the sz 11 was perfect. I still had a little room too so they run long

Nike can take the hit. there policy is 30 days for any reason. Being such a gigantic company they can do that. If you hoop in these and they hurt your feet/don't preform cool return them per the policy. However when the policy is abused on a wide scale then that's when they change it and everybody cry's about.

Of course they can take the hit, I was just saying how i don't like wasting resources

The guys gaming the system and that's not right. Nike and Nordstrom have the best return policies and if more people do what this guy does those policies can change

Go in store and try them on. I am in a similar boat to you but these materials are tight but stretchy. It all depends how you plan to use them. Because I intend to hoop in them, size 11 pinched my pinky toe area too much so I had to go up a half size. Even though the length was right. Each kobe is different. For the 8 I was 11.5-12, for the 9 I was perfect 11.5, for the 10 I was 11-11.5.

Of course they can take the hit, I was just saying how i don't like wasting resources

The guys gaming the system and that's not right. Nike and Nordstrom have the best return policies and if more people do what this guy does those policies can change
Yep. You can think i'm a nerd or whatever, it's easy to dismiss an opinion with "u mad bro?" or a dumb gif, but I can't wrap my mind about being so entitled that you really don't see the problem with intentionally abusing a policy that's pretty generous to begin with. I'm not out here defending a big corporation, I just think it's wasteful AT BEST. 

These Achilles XIs are so dope. I'm legit considering returning my Xmas X and just having drill sergeant X as my only X elite, so I can cop the Achilles

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom