Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
i'm worried about what size to get as well.. i had to remake my X ids and get a .5 bigger for the flyknits (the regulars fit fine). if i get my true size i hope they break in because shoes that are too long will cause me to trip over my damn feet :lol:

I went with the size as the regular X. The Elite size would be too long.

I know this is kinda off topic but does anybody know where I can purchase those clear shoe containers that have the front open up so you can just stack them up?

Played for about 2 hours in them first thing this morning.

some things to note:

- I went down half a size.
-Is it just me or is the traction that bad on these?  I needed to wipe way more than in my KB 9 & 10 and my LBJ 13s.
-Might be the best flyknit I've ever worn, nice and soft unlike the KB 10s for ball
-Have that "Broken In" feeling right out of the box
-Great court feel
-Heel counter keeps you locked in
-Toe box is rather roomy IMO even 1/2 size down...
-Cushion is superb although the full length ID option is tempting...not for $370 Cad though :rofl:

View media item 1862497
Sucks to hear about the grip. I was looking forward to these gripping like a beast

Going to hold back traction judgement for a break in time. They got it right the last few times so hopefully they can keep it up.

They might just need some break in time kinda like the 10s, lateral cuts had me slipping and sliding a bit which threw me off big time today, the court was rather clean too.  The prices I stated are all Canadian, the full length zoom option is $20 on top of the $350.  All in they are just under $400.00.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love these.  Just hoping the traction get better with time
Traction breaks in just like the X but a little faster.  I was slipping in 'em a little out of the box this morning, but they started biting well towards the end of my runs.  This was on a dusty rec center floor that probably needs to be resurfaced.  I don't think anything has come close to the level of the traction the 9s gave everyone. 

I know this is kinda off topic but does anybody know where I can purchase those clear shoe containers that have the front open up so you can just stack them up?
Both Michaels and The Container Store have versions.

They might just need some break in time kinda like the 10s, lateral cuts had me slipping and sliding a bit which threw me off big time today, the court was rather clean too.  The prices I stated are all Canadian, the full length zoom option is $20 on top of the $350.  All in they are just under $400.00.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love these.  Just hoping the traction get better with time

It's 325 for normal, 350 for the full zoom

Traction breaks in just like the X but a little faster.  I was slipping in 'em a little out of the box this morning, but they started biting well towards the end of my runs.  This was on a dusty rec center floor that probably needs to be resurfaced.  I don't think anything has come close to the level of the traction the 9s gave everyone. 
The 9s were nuts. Best traction. Shoe felt a little stiff to me tho. I preferred my 8s over the 9s

Both Michaels and The Container Store have versions.
hmm ok, I went to the container store and the lady showed me some stuff but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. Maybe I'll jus keep doing some more research online, just thought someone on here might use them and could just link me to make it easy. 

Haven't heard much about the looney, but how's the economy there?
Its bad for a lot of the oil guys right now since that whole market has basically crashed.  Im thankful I chose Electrical Engineering for school...our industry hasn't been in trouble at all which is nice, just been business as usual.  

Canada as a whole though seems okay, other than a big change in the prime minister and such.  lol

laugh.gif

Coo, Ill be getting a run in these tomorrow.  I played pretty hard today on an above average clean floor, thats what had me so puzzled that these were that bad.

I dig almost every colorway I've seen but I'm gonna have to be extremely selective based on that price. Crazy to think that just a couple years ago the Kobe 8's retailed for $140.  Its insane how much Nike has jacked up the prices in the past couple years. Hell Hyperdunks are more than $140 now. I wish my bank account had similar inflation these past years. Unfortunately it hasn't. Nike is living in its own world.

I finally got to try on a pair of the XIs. I may actually go a size down on the IDs. They're softer and more accommodating than the 8s.

Tried these on in my usual 11.5 (Kobes) and an 11...I'm TORN on sizing...the 11 fits perfect, too perfect...I know they'll strech over time but length wise it's a gamble....the 11.5 obviously was more smooth fit but I know once wear time happens they may be a tad bit too big...the flyknit is pretty forgiving, more flexible...but idk!

Its bad for a lot of the oil guys right now since that whole market has basically crashed.  Im thankful I chose Electrical Engineering for school...our industry hasn't been in trouble at all which is nice, just been business as usual.  

Canada as a whole though seems okay, other than a big change in the prime minister and such.  lol

:lol:

We have an incredibly safe, inclusive and beautiful country. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Now show me those All Stars damn it!!!

Last edited:
I stuck with my 10.5, i learned from the kobe 9 elite low that a 10 is too tight, the size 10 in the XI was good length wise but snug from the flyknit

my size 10 is sold out on NDC, not sure if I want these bad enough to order on one of the footsites though

Tried these on in my usual 11.5 (Kobes) and an 11...I'm TORN on sizing...the 11 fits perfect, too perfect...I know they'll strech over time but length wise it's a gamble....the 11.5 obviously was more smooth fit but I know once wear time happens they may be a tad bit too big...the flyknit is pretty forgiving, more flexible...but idk!

I have a question for most of you. Are these your first Flyknit shoes? Seems to me a lot of users like yourself are getting torn about sizing. Flyknits are known to have extra space. There's a trick where you can shrink them in a dryer to give it a more snug fit.

I have a question for most of you. Are these your first Flyknit shoes? Seems to me a lot of users like yourself are getting torn about sizing. Flyknits are known to have extra space. There's a trick where you can shrink them in a dryer to give it a more snug fit.

I have flyknit lunars, where it's true flyknit and I get my true size (11), but you know how Kobes are aesthetically flyknit but not purposed flyknit...all my kobes (from the 7's to 10's) are a consistent 11.5

7's: already uncomfy shoe, the plastic upper forced me to size up...I had an 11 in the PDF's and had to get rid of them even AFTER trying to break them in vigorously playing ball

8's: the toe didn't have much give in flexibility, plus the heel counter was pretty hard and stable, tried an 11 in the ASG's and couldn't do it

9's: went with 11.5 right off the bat and they fit fine...came up on a pair of Uni Red's for $60 (size 11) but the stiffness plus the carbon fiber's lockdown fit forced me to rid the size 11's

10's: the pinky toe carbon fiber alone made me get 11.5, and even then I gotta break em in (actually unDS'ing my xmas pair right now tonight)

11's: the size 11 fit great right off the bat, but I'm factoring in long-period wear, most of my sizing issues came from the narrow fit...these are a truer (yet not perfect) flyknit...they give a lot more...so that's my dilemma...assuming the insole will form and the flyknit will stretch, going with an 11 seems logical...an 11.5 is a sure thing BUT it's risky down the road with them being too big

Edit: it's one of those things where you won't know until you have had the shoe/worn for a few weeks

Last edited by a moderator:

Same with me. I might stick with the 11 though. I had on my broken in Kobe 8s Sz 11.5 when I tried them on and they still felt a little better.
I probably could have gone a size down in my Kobe Xs too :/.

Flyknit sizes are all over the place. For NSWs and chukkas I went .5 down but for 4.0s I went a full size up to a 12.

Last edited:
He must be a Nike outlet assistant manager lol

:lol:

Anyone concerned about the longevity of the outsole? I know it's inevitable that an outsole will age but when I took out the insert it was basically a thin shell.

Back
Top Bottom