Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
laugh.gif

Anyone concerned about the longevity of the outsole? I know it's inevitable that an outsole will age but when I took out the insert it was basically a thin shell.
9s were the same, just not translucent so you didn't see how thin they were. I think they'll hold up fine.

Tried these on today. Tried my usual .5 size up. (Same as retro Jordan's, air max etc. )

These are super comfortable. Think elite 9 with a slightly longer toe box, which is a great thing for me personally.

The cushion set up felt great, very natural. The zoom was very responsive, bouncy just like it should be.

Needless to say I am loving these.

Tried these on in my usual 11.5 (Kobes) and an 11...I'm TORN on sizing...the 11 fits perfect, too perfect...I know they'll strech over time but length wise it's a gamble....the 11.5 obviously was more smooth fit but I know once wear time happens they may be a tad bit too big...the flyknit is pretty forgiving, more flexible...but idk!
sounds like the 11 is your best bet

Tried these on today. Tried my usual .5 size up. (Same as retro Jordan's, air max etc. )

These are super comfortable. Think elite 9 with a slightly longer toe box, which is a great thing for me personally.

The cushion set up felt great, very natural. The zoom was very responsive, bouncy just like it should be.

Needless to say I am loving these.

Are we talking elite 9 lows or highs???

Either way the 11 runs longer in length (toebox)than both

The fits are a tad bit different though. The elite lows fit pretty snug at my normal size and some half sized up. With the elite highs I had extra room and could have potentially half sized down.

I'm a try em on tomorrow for sure

Edit: Sorry am at work. I see what your saying. Might definitely have to half size down on these. Once i get my sizing i may skip this release and Id myself a pair of sulfurs lol

Last edited:
Would love to buy these but $265 CAD is too much for me. The Nike ID with full length zoom costs like $385 CAD after tax. So sad that I can't get these.

Black pair on the way, copped early on ebay. Once the red ones go on sale they will be purchased too. The Kobe 11 is shaping up to be a winner

Same deal here, and Im in oil and gas so times are tougher haha. Fortunately have a bro who works at sportchek, cost +10%, works out to 140 canadian, absolute steal.

I slept on  nike.com. Didn't want to pay retail for the achilles and my size sold out cause i hesitated... Debating just passing altogether on this cw and waiting on more to drop

Last edited:
I can't wait to have these in hand, been in love with the kobe shoes since the 8's

$30 GC soften up the wallet a bit.

To me these felt like they should of been the 10. It's closer to the 9 then the 10. I love the tounge they seem to run a half sz big I think the fly knit on the 10z is better it's more flexible and breathable but neither are ironed \melted like the 9z. Which everyone thinks the 9z had Fuze in the fly knit but it's really just heated on one side almost melted together and I love the 10z sole. . I hate inserts just feels lazy and a gimmick

Can't wait to get my black joint next week. Is it heavy?

No not at all. Its similiar to last year's outdoor jackets but alittle thicker only.

Btw, just got my XIs! They fit tts. The past kobes I can tightened and adjust the laces flexibly. But these XIs seems cannot. Wanna try size 10 but they sold out the size already (puff). Anyway, I will try them out in detail later and see. Just a quick snap.
View media item 1862974

Last edited:
Keep the performance reviews coming! I've only had the 4's and 6's, but am in need of new basketball shoes and Kobe's are the only ones I like balling in. Sad to hear traction has been less than stellar since my court is usually pretty dusty. I honestly had a bit of doubt because the outsole looks so oddly smooth. Anyone care to comment on that? I'm debating on just getting a used pair of 4s or 8s. Would love to hear some thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom