Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Yea I noticed the Achilles heel box says Kobe XI Elite Low so I wonder if there is a non-elite low? Also shouldn't the elite have the best basketball setup? So if full-length zoom insert option exists, why didn't Achilles heel ELITE low not have it?
Because if they included it they would go for at least $220 instead of $200 so they probably wanted to keep the price lower. With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a special edition pair with full length zoom for a higher price. As far as the non-elite, my thought was maybe they were originally going to do the same thing they have done past years and release 3 versions, but decided to stick with just the elite low? Honestly, I have no clue. But the rumor is that this will be the only version of the model, which I am perfectly okay with

Has anyone tried placing the Lebron XI full length lunarlon/zoom midsole in the Kobe XI?
I put the Lebron XI midsole in my Kobe IX Elite Low since I have narrow feet and it fit perfect. Although I must say, since the Lebron midsole is bulkier than the original IX midsole I lost a lot of lockdown when making hard cuts. It felt like my foot was too high up for the upper to keep my foot contained. Not sure how it would be for the Kobe XI though.

Last edited:
I saw the shoes today and traction reminds me of the adidas CL Boost 2014 pattern only placed laterally. Nike definitely could of gave us a better pattern for the outsole but the flyknit upper is legit and I dig the padded tongue.

The shoes are cheaper here than in the US.

$265 Canadian is $187 US at the moment.
Yeah I know. Same thing goes for the Ultraboost. It's $210 CAD but like $190 US. But either way paying $265 for a basketball shoe I play in all the time seems really expensive imo. Especially with the Curry 2 for $160 CAD and the D Rose 6 for $170. Not going to lie though the Kobe 11 look waaay better than the Curry 2 and the D Rose 6.

I put the Lebron XI midsole in my Kobe IX Elite Low since I have narrow feet and it fit perfect. Although I must say, since the Lebron midsole is bulkier than the original IX midsole I lost a lot of lockdown when making hard cuts. It felt like my foot was too high up for the upper to keep my foot contained. Not sure how it would be for the Kobe XI though.
Thanks for the response. I also have the Kobe IX Elite Low so I knew it would be tight in those. I just thought that since the XI's have softer Flyknit and a slightly roomier fit they might work without sacrificing lockdown.

I was thinking this myself so I pulled my size 9.5 LBXI insoles out of my size 10 MP's for some comparison shots (half size down for LBXI insoles used in KB IX). The LB insole is definitely taller and a tad wider than the new KB XI insole. I stuck the LB sole in my size 10 Kobe XI's for fit and (although it fits) it definitely rises your foot up within the shoe and fills any void. I don't think I'm going to use the LB insoles in these myself. They work in the KB IX's but not these IMO. 

The Kobe 8 Elite Superhero insoles with heel and forefoot zoom might be a better fit for these due to their lower profile (but their green color might look funny with the translucent bottoms. 

Last edited:
So only special colorways will have the full length zoom? Idk I'm thinking it might be nikeid perk

The GR insoles are great. 

I don't think its a downgrade. I think its just a matter of preference.

If anything the ones with zoom air will last longer than lunarlon. I think you sacrifice stability zoom insole.

I was thinking this myself so I pulled my size 9.5 LBXI insoles out of my size 10 MP's for some comparison shots (half size down for LBXI insoles used in KB IX). The LB insole is definitely taller and a tad wider than the new KB XI insole. I stuck the LB sole in my size 10 Kobe XI's for fit and (although it fits) it definitely rises your foot up within the shoe and fills any void. I don't think I'm going to use the LB insoles in these myself. They work in the KB IX's but not these IMO. 

The Kobe 8 Elite Superhero insoles with heel and forefoot zoom might be a better fit for these due to their lower profile (but their green color might look funny with the translucent bottoms. 
Thanks for the comparison shots.

Wasn't planning on grabbing, but the forefoot zoom in my XX9 lows died, so had $185 in store credit at Footlocker when I took them back, saw these sitting on shelf, tried them on and decided to give them a spin.  

Cant wait to try the XIs on back home.
They fit smiliar to the Metality 2 (M2 for short) some how. I got sz10 in the M2. 9.5 felt juz alittle tight. Length wise they are fine tho. and sz10 is even better. same problem i found in the XI. But too bad the Nike shop i got it from ran out of size 10. I heard some other Nike chains will get their shipment late till tomorrow on the 12th. so I will get the right size and sell the 9.5.

Back
Top Bottom