Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
EBay has been popping up with Easters, eulogies, Bruce Lee's all without boxes. Check your ross's but I don't get lucky like that

Yep, ton of eulogies on the bay for <$100 with no box. Is the traction of these clear soles bad for hooping?

They were perfect at the start for me while most hated it. A year later I can't play in these they keep slipping. Might depend on the finish of the court

I still have del sol 6s that are playable but not too confident in them because I feel the upper has loosened too much. Hope they retro soon and in del sol

Can't wait for them to retro the Kobes. Hopefully we get some retros in the Laker colorways.

Was hoping Nike would've released something like that on his jersey retirement night, but nope - nada.

if the Kobe 8 inline or the Kobe 8 pair he wore on the road against the Mavs ever release count me in! Kobe 8 is the best Kobe out of the entire line in my opinion! Super comfortable!

if the Kobe 8 inline or the Kobe 8 pair he wore on the road against the Mavs ever release count me in! Kobe 8 is the best Kobe out of the entire line in my opinion! Super comfortable!
The amnesties are amazing. I still hope they release

Another release I really want is the Kobe 9 precisions. Those might be my favorite Kobes ever but there are also a ton of 11's that I want released.

The amnesties are amazing. I still hope they release

Another release I really want is the Kobe 9 precisions. Those might be my favorite Kobes ever but there are also a ton of 11's that I want released.

Amnesties was the name that I was looking for, thanks!

They could also retro the IV and V home and away finals PEs! He did have a lot of iconic true Laker colorways, considering that it was "only" 11 Nike shoes that were released during his active career!

anyone hoop in the XI Alt (with the shroud)? dirt cheap on the bay and I'm thinking of picking some up, cutting off the shroud and hooping in them but I'm wondering if performance is the same as the other XI's.
Thanks

I'd be hesitant. My ALTs are basically my rainy day Kobes. I don't see how anyone would want to hoop in them, the shroud is kind of noisy and restricts the flexibility of the flyknit.

I don't know anything about cutting the shroud off, I've seen some on here that ended up trashed because the shroud material, flyknit and outsole are all adhered together in spots.

I'd be hesitant. My ALTs are basically my rainy day Kobes. I don't see how anyone would want to hoop in them, the shroud is kind of noisy and restricts the flexibility of the flyknit.

I don't know anything about cutting the shroud off, I've seen some on here that ended up trashed because the shroud material, flyknit and outsole are all adhered together in spots.

The plan was to slice it off, seems easy based on YouTube videos. And hoop in them assuming performance is the same as other XI’s

anyone hoop in the XI Alt (with the shroud)? dirt cheap on the bay and I'm thinking of picking some up, cutting off the shroud and hooping in them but I'm wondering if performance is the same as the other XI's.
Thanks
I hooped in them before I cut the shrouds off. I really liked it because I didn't have to lace the shoes up, tightly. Zipping them up still had my feet contained and I even thought about grabbing a second pair to leave the shrouds on. I've played in them, without the shrouds, and no problems there. The upper is a bit more flexible than the standard XI Elite Low, which is nice, and traction was great.

Back
Top Bottom