Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Smh @ Marvin 7s. I saw those for 40% off at Sport Chalet. If they keep dropping I might have to get a pair for outdoor play.

Vermont is really chill. I played ball a few times at Johnson State College. People were really nice. Come to think of it, I actually had lunch with Bernie Saunders lol.
haha nicccce. When I first moved here I worked at a Jockey outlet and sold him underwear. 
laugh.gif
 Met Ben & Jerry and a couple of guys from Phish too lol. Vermont is so small you run into anyone... except people who like sneakers.

I tried so hard to rationalize it but after another trial run on a decent court the traction is just garbage. I slipped a couple of times, tried to run some suicides and was slipping when i pushed off. So brutal. Nike has to change this, I can't keep seeing this awesome colorways and not be able to buy them cause they don't perform.
I completely agree. I just came back from volleyball training on a completely clean sport court surface and although the traction was a tad bit better, I was still sliding all over the place, even with using a damp cloth! But, I got compliments from everyone how cool and good they looked! What a joke. This proves to me Nike rushed this shoe out the door to profit from Kobes last few games. They must have only tested on an NBA or college level clean or outdoor asphalt court where accumulation of dust is a non factor.

WARNING to any regular Joe court player.... These are not good ball shoes. Better for Hip Hop, and Jazz dancing. They should be called "Kobe MJs". That's Michel Jackson, because you can do killer moonwalks in these things. Lol.

Last edited:
Back on topic... I need more XI colorways sooooon. I keep wanting to double on the Achilles but I can't decide if it's because that CW is that dope or just because I just want more XIs.

I tried so hard to rationalize it but after another trial run on a decent court the traction is just garbage. I slipped a couple of times, tried to run some suicides and was slipping when i pushed off. So brutal. Nike has to change this, I can't keep seeing this awesome colorways and not be able to buy them cause they don't perform.
I completely agree. I just came back from volleyball training on a completely clean sport court surface and although the traction was a tad bit better, I was still sliding all over the place, even with using a damp cloth! But, I got complements from everyone how cool and good they looked! What a joke. This proves to me Nike rushed this shoe out the door to profit from Kobes last few games. They must have only tested on an NBA or college level clean or outdoor asphalt court where accumulation of dust is a non factor.

WARNING to any regular Joe court player.... These are not good ball shoes. Better for Hip Hop, and Jazz dancing. They should be called "Kobe MJs". That's Michel Jackson, because you can do killer moon walks in these things. Lol.
Kobe XI >>> Kobe IX Elite Low Moonwalker. 9s had beast traction. Should've saved the concept for this model.

Last edited:

Back on topic... I need more XI colorways sooooon. I keep wanting to double on the Achilles but I can't decide if it's because that CW is that dope or just because I just want more XIs.
Hold out, all-stars are coming and more.
We're getting at least 12 according to Nike's "Lessons" marketing http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/basketball/kobe-bryant

Keep wondering about that 12th non-numbered entry. Something keeps telling me to save up some dough for whatever that is.

Last edited:
You can't achieve a fade with the fly knit unless you paint it.

The pes or gr don't fade by the way..
they sorta fade, no? the achillies faded from red to black. I rather that semi fade than painted full fade.

A little bit but not really. I would rather have that than the fade options as well but then Nike wouldn't make as money money. It's easier to spray paint a white shoe into whatever you want.

Oh man, I need this size swap fast before the hypebeasts arrive.
haha I just lying to myself that I didnt need these because I just bought the Achilles, but keep seeing them is making it hard. 

Plus I wonder if the white sole does a better job on court too. Anyone know if does?

Kobe XI >>> Kobe IX Elite Low Moonwalker. 9s had beast traction. Should've saved the concept for this model.
Hahah Nice SpartanLaw11

"Kobe IX Elite Low Moonwalker"  - that has a very nice ring to it!  :smile:

Just a question to everyone here.  I respect the fact that yes, this shoe is hawt style wise, but it's supposed to be a high performance basketball shoe.  Do you not find it troubling that the intended purpose of this shoe is not living up to expectation?  

This is Kobe's signature shoe and there are so many reviews saying that you have to use them in optimal controlled environments. Even one review compares them to banana peels. lol.  Am I the fool for purchasing a basketball shoe that only works in "premier" normal situations?  Am I caring too much about this?  It troubles me that more people are concerned about colorway releases and style than actual performance.  It's a BASKETBALL shoe that doesn't perform for the everyday ball player, sold at a ridiculous price for what it offers.  Maybe I'm putting too much energy into this.  It's just a shoe right?  I should realize my sunk cost of $300 dollars(CDN) and Buy a pair of Lebrons or KD's for $300 because I have a money tree plant in my flat.  lol.  

Sadly this is my last pair of Kobe shoes.  Fool me once....

Can anyone suggest a replacement?  The Kyrie full herringbone looks like an option.

cheers.

Last edited:
haha I just lying to myself that I didnt need these because I just bought the Achilles, but keep seeing them is making it hard. 

Plus I wonder if the white sole does a better job on court too. Anyone know if does?

nightwing says the pattern still suspect to trapping dust and debris but who knows.

@leedium  I don't find it troubling because there are a lot of shoes I buy just for casual wear (Kobe 11s, case in point) and other shoes that I buy for performance that I don't much care to rock casually (for example, the Melo M11). Sometimes a shoe is both and I double up. It all depends on what you want the shoe to do. These probably work just fine for the man they're made for because he's always playing on prime surfaces.

If you're looking for in depth performance reviews to help you choose a sneaker, go to the Weartesters website or watch nightwing2303's videos on YouTube. I don't know enough about your needs to make a solid rec, but if you're looking for something similar to a Kobe 11 with a traction upgrade, Footlocker still has a ton of Kobe 9 EMs in stock. You can't go wrong with those. Kyrie 2s are another good option, but the forefoot cushioning (or lack thereof) leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion, but maybe you'd appreciate the added courtfeel.

Last edited:

Hahah Nice SpartanLaw11

"Kobe IX Elite Low Moonwalker"  - that has a very nice ring to it!  :smile:

Just a question to everyone here.  I respect the fact that yes, this shoe is hawt style wise, but it's supposed to be a high performance basketball shoe.  Do you not find it troubling that the intended purpose of this shoe is not living up to expectation?  

This is Kobe's signature shoe and there are so many reviews saying that you have to use them in optimal controlled environments. Even one review compares them to banana peels. lol.  Am I the fool for purchasing a basketball shoe that only works in "premier" normal situations?  Am I caring too much about this?  It troubles me that more people are concerned about colorway releases and style than actual performance.  It's a BASKETBALL shoe that doesn't perform for the everyday ball player, sold at a ridiculous price for what it offers.  Maybe I'm putting too much energy into this.  It's just a shoe right?  I should realize my sunk cost of $300 dollars(CDN) and Buy a pair of Lebrons or KD's for $300 because I have a money tree plant in my flat.  lol.  

Sadly this is my last pair of Kobe shoes.  Fool me once....

Can anyone suggest a replacement?  The Kyrie full herringbone looks like an option.

cheers.
Kyrie 2 have good grip, buy a pair of those and head to that thread please

I just don't get how people are having horrible traction issues. I've played in mine about 4-5 times now and have had exceptional grip from day one. I'm talking about grip so good it's comparable to the IX. Which I've played in recently as well (BHM IX highs). I am however on a court that was resurfaced about a month ago so maybe that's it. That theory about them performing better on better courts like an NBA floor may be pretty accurate.

Last edited:
I just don't get how people are having horrible traction issues. I've played in mine about 4-5 times now and have had exceptional grip from day one. I'm talking about grip so good it's comparable to the IX. Which I've played in recently as well (BHM IX highs). I am however on a court that was resurfaced about a month ago so maybe that's it. That theory about them performing better on better courts may be pretty accurate.

I think people having traction issues are playing on dust fields. :lol:

Get the curry 2s. Traction won't let you down,more cushioning than the kyries go to that thread instead

Kyrie 2 have good grip, buy a pair of those and head to that thread please
I have Stockholm syndrome....   I like this thread.  lol!

Well I'm not buying anything until I hear from Nike EU.  Until then,... you're all stuck with me.  

:tongue:

Last edited:
achilles came in today and holy crap the sizing is weird. i went with my true size (10) theres a bunch of extra toe space but i feel like a 9.5 would be too tight for the width

Back
Top Bottom