Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
View media item 1880144Finally got to try these things out. Pleased but not blown away, which is ok. Looking forward to breaking them in more. Traction was ok on a lightly dusty court. Really want that full-zoom insole, but not quite ready for an iD...

I think it's a very smart move by Jordan brand to do the pack. Cash in on all the hype behind Kobe's retirement

not sure what is going on with my SNKRS app, BHM dont show up on there and did not get any sort of notification either

The write up on the app is basically a plug for the BHM XI
haha i was like hell yes....the 81 pt shoes are releasing!  
roll.gif
Nike trolled me pretty good with that picture

I still think they might, those a new photo's so either they pulled a pair out of the archives or they produced new pairs 

I must be on the nice list because Nike blasted my replacement pair of BHMs straight to my house today
smokin.gif

No more wonky 4 stitches on the back.

Well, I secured a pair of ASG 8's off ebay for $175...finally found my size after digging a little bit...now, the waiting game (plus pics of the ASG 11's)

Who are the members who can't simply go to the store and try these on. I don't get it.
Stopped by my crappy Champs yesterday just to see what they had and no Kobes at all. No Kyries either. They have a ton of crap LBJ 13s but not the BHMS. Looks like they missed the whole pack. So... I'm one of those members. Sneaker desert, man. If I'm into the first colorway to release I just cop and pray until the box arrives, otherwise I'm in the threads weighing people's sizing opinions. (But at least I search the thread and read back instead of coming in 150 pages inwith "TTS? Guys, are these TTS? Wait, what if I have wide feet, still TTS?" No excuse for that.)

Well we all know the story of what happened 10 years ago. But 9 years ago, Niketown LA released the 81 point ZK1's.

There was a website named why 81.com. You could register there for the scavenger hunt. I met up with another NT'er (Chris) and we drove to Niketown LA.

They gave us card and there were 4 places we had to visit. I'll be honest. I don't even remember the 4 places. Me and Chris rode around LA speeding to get to these spots. We finally got to the 3rd spot and found out NTLA was the last place. There were only 81 pairs available and the only size you could get was size 14. Crazy enough that was my size and Chris's size.

We made it back but knew we still had a chance. We got in line and we both got pairs....

View media item 1880339View media item 1880340View media item 1880341View media item 1880342View media item 1880343View media item 1880344
Was a great day....

A year later, Nike had a promotion for the ZK2's. I really forget how this one went down but Nike had opened a new store in LA. I truly forget the name and even how the promotion went down, but if you won you got to play in this game and they told us we would be playing with Kobe. Turns out Kobe would only referee the game. At the end of the game they let us buy the ZK2's a week early and Kobe would autograph them. I had brought the 81 point shoes with me. I snuck one in the box with the ZK2's. He looked at the ZK1...but signed it anyway. Just sucks he was only doing the KB24 auto for this promotion. I have since sold those ZK2's... But these will never leave...

View media item 1880351View media item 1880352
I always take them out every once in a while...today was extra special. :smokin

Well we all know the story of what happened 10 years ago. But 9 years ago, Niketown LA released the 81 point ZK1's.

There was a website named why 81.com. You could register there for the scavenger hunt. I met up with another NT'er (Chris) and we drove to Niketown LA.

They gave us card and there were 4 places we had to visit. I'll be honest. I don't even remember the 4 places. Me and Chris rode around LA speeding to get to these spots. We finally got to the 3rd spot and found out NTLA was the last place. There were only 81 pairs available and the only size you could get was size 14. Crazy enough that was my size and Chris's size.

We made it back but knew we still had a chance. We got in line and we both got pairs....
 So beautiful! I have noticed that this pairs insoles and SNKRS app pictured insoles are different. perhaps we should be expecting a re retro of these.

Back
Top Bottom