Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Why the hell did they not put flyknit on the old models?

Thats a real pack. Not this crap. They look like TBs lol

Don't get me wrong, I love TBs and I'll probably cave and try to purchase at least one of these FTB models, but for the 200 they're charging when retail for the technology on the 5s/6s was 140, why are we paying a 60 increase when there's no advancement in technology or material?

Why the hell did they not put flyknit on the old models?

Thats a real pack. Not this crap. They look like TBs lol

Baby steps, you know Nike has to milk every dime they can. First they will release retros, a few packs, then throw some flyknit on them and release again.

Don't get me wrong, I love TBs and I'll probably cave and try to purchase at least one of these FTB models, but for the 200 they're charging when retail for the technology on the 5s/6s was 140, why are we paying a 60 increase when there's no advancement in technology or material?

Inflation? You make a very good point though.

Keep Flyknit away from the older models. They won't have the great color blocking and I want them to be easy to clean.

You dare question the rationale of Nike. Just be quiet and pay like everyone else.

Totally agree with the scratch marks on the back of the xi's.

And my favorite detail is the flywire making the shoe like its bleeding. I wanna cop em but i only have enough funds for white horse and FTB 1s.

You guys honestly set yourselves up for disappointment. What do you expect with a name like "Fade to Black"????? :lol:

Last edited:
Flyknit on older models makes no sense. Every model is unique in their own way. The 6 is unique cuz of the material that resembles a snake and the 5 is unique cuz of the shiny leather. Taking that away and replacing it with Flyknit makes them look..... Weird.

Flyknit on older models makes no sense. Every model is unique in their own way. The 6 is unique cuz of the material that resembles a snake and the 5 is unique cuz of the shiny leather. Taking that away and replacing it with Flyknit makes them look..... Weird.

I hear what your saying but this is Nike so its makes total sense.

A flyknit 5 would work. And you would buy it.

If they can take a obscure event like a shattered backboard in a exhibition game 30 years ago in Italy and translate it into a great shoe with excellent color-blocking and a clever touch on the insole (could care less about the hype)...think they can come up with something more substantial that represents one of the most storied careers in basketball that spanned parts of 3 decades.

I'll reserve judgement until real pics/details come out.  As of now, these look like someone's blacked out/greyed out iD collection.  Some of those silhouettes are great/classic.  That alone could carry the pack, but I think they could've come up with something more inspired.

Last edited:
true kobe fans will cop the FTB for collection or to ball in even though the colors may be disappointing

Back
Top Bottom