Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I keep seeing people worrying about getting the 4KBs/White Horses dirty.  I have white Flyknit Trainers, and Lunar 3s that I actually jog in, and it's a piece of cake to keep white Flyknit clean.  I use that Crep stuff, but there's other brands that do the same thing.  The treads on my Lunars are almost worn, but the white Flyknit still looks new.  It makes it water repellent, and all you have to do after it's treated is wipe the dirt off.  Because of the protectant, the dirt just wipes off instead of getting pushed into the Flyknit weave when you hit it with a damp/wet rag.  That stuff works like a charm on my 11 concords/cherrys too.

- Just to add, the only white/light colored Flyknit shoe I've ever been leery about using protectant on is the 9 Beethoven.  For some reason, some pairs of those get that 'purple haze' to them, even when exposed to just plain water.  

Last edited:

I keep seeing people worrying about getting the 4KBs/White Horses dirty.  I have white Flyknit Trainers, and Lunar 3s that I actually jog in, and it's a piece of cake to keep white Flyknit clean.  I use that Crep stuff, but there's other brands that do the same thing.  The treads on my Lunars are almost worn, but the white Flyknit still looks new.  It makes it water repellent, and all you have to do after it's treated is wipe the dirt off.  Because of the protectant, the dirt just wipes off instead of getting pushed into the Flyknit weave when you hit it with a damp/wet rag.  That stuff works like a charm on my 11 concords/cherrys too.

- Just to add, the only white/light colored Flyknit shoe I've ever been leery about using protectant on is the 9 Beethoven.  For some reason, some pairs of those get that 'purple haze' to them, even when exposed to just plain water.  
Guessing the purple haze you are talking about is the glue? for the 9 Beethovens.

Gonna try running XI insoles in the 8s

How long before these 4kbs start looking like some dingy drawls is what i'm asking my self right now 

Soles on the 9s stand up to dirt surprisingly well. Still look very clean. Hoping for the same on these

Just bought the Black/White colorway and love them but I do want to try out the full length zoom. Can I order just that or will I have it iD a pair?

Back
Top Bottom