Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
WORD!!!......sorry to get off topic but growing up in the 80s i just had to co-sign this point!!!....now a days you rarely see kids outdoors doing activities as much, then again the world is not as safe and people aren't the same as they use to be

I was reading something the other day saying that the world is actually SAFER today. With amber alerts, video cameras everywhere, phone and car gps, sex offender registries, home security systems, court orders, atm paper trails, and general increased awareness, it was argued that these so-called fears of an unsafe world for kids are based more on the memories and sensationalism of past crimes.

The world IS safer than it used to be. Probably doesn't feel like it because we're living in the moment.

Apologies for getting off topic.

I was reading something the other day saying that the world is actually SAFER today. With amber alerts, video cameras everywhere, phone and car gps, sex offender registries, home security systems, court orders, atm paper trails, and general increased awareness, it was argued that these so-called fears of an unsafe world for kids are based more on the memories and sensationalism of past crimes.

The world IS safer than it used to be. Probably doesn't feel like it because we're living in the moment.

its probably true, the internet social media etc etc have made us aware of so much more. its like everything is at your fingertips, before we didn't have all that acces.
as that saying goes... "ignorance is a bliss"

nerd.gif

Last edited:

Yeah I don't even think it's about safety as much as it is about society changing. Kids have smartphones at such a young age now, they spend a lot of their childhood on their phones and computers. Honestly I'm kinda glad my generation didn't have this much technology. Even though we had console games, we spent a lot of our time playing outdoors and meeting up with all the kids in our neighborhood. Those childhood adventures made for some great memories

sick.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
 those are even more hideous than the originals

Guess I'll be using this Nike gift card on the BL's or maybe wait a couple weeks. 

Last edited:
After Eastbay selects a winner, the winner will have to wait 5 weeks for Eastbay to make them in your size off iD haha. 

Back
Top Bottom