Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
You live in a crip neighborhood or is that your preference? I'm just asking because I grew up in a crip neighborhood so wearing red didn't even cross my mind until I moved to TN. The bred Kobe VI is one of my favorites but growing up wearing those, not an option. 
Nothing neighborhood related, just never felt I could make red shoes work.

I don't see the appeal of a $200 shoe in these pics. I love Kobe and his signature line but the last great shoe was the VI. Not a fan of lunar or half zoom insert setup.

Kobe shouldn't have played a whole season in 8s. That probably took a year off his career.

These as a high top [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]
The black/red and the "rumored/unofficial" purple and blue pair are really nice. Might cop them.
But I really hope that they will do highs again.

I think a high top version of the lows would look really good! The XI lows remind me of a pair of low top air mags. I like the XI's and plan on picking up a pair. 8)

15Jan
fl-release-calendar-logo-sm-nike.png

Nike Kobe Zoom Icon
Metallic Gold/Black/White

what is this^^^^^:nerd:

Theres 5 cws of the Icon shoe releasing during the XI campaign.

If you guys want to get some insight on the design of the shoe, Kobe did a sit down with a tech reviewer from YT. Pretty interesting stuff.

Seeing these shoes in THIS video on my 55 inch TV in super HD made me do an immediate 180. I am all in. They look incredible.

I wanna see the elite hi version, if there will be such a thing

Maybe that will bring on the turn for me

Those red ones are trying to whisper at me tho

4 years later and you all still have so much disdain for the VII :smh:

I'm starting to believe I'm the only person in NT that the VII worked well for on court :\, maybe because I really only used the cushlon insert, with the strap, and the elite insert with full length zoom. For me, the VII is right up there performance wise with the II, V, VIII, and 2K4.

As far as the XI goes, I've done a 180 after seeing the official reveal. Most definitely looking forward to seeing how this me Flyweave performs on court. The flyknit on the IX, and X was pointless with all that fuse under it.

Last edited:
I know this is sort of minor detail, but having that fabric lining on the midsole insert is nice... was good with the Bron XI as there's less sliding in the shoe.  At least they gave us that

4 years later and you all still have so much disdain for the VII
mean.gif

I'm starting to believe I'm the only person in NT that the VII worked well for on court
ohwell.gif
, maybe because I really only used the cushlon insert, with the strap, and the elite insert with full length zoom. For me, the VII is right up there performance wise with the II, V, VIII, and 2K4.

As far as the XI goes, I've done a 180 after seeing the official reveal. Most definitely looking forward to seeing how this me Flyweave performs on court. The flyknit on the IX, and X was pointless with all that fuse under it.
I'm another one. I loved the 7's. They were stiff out the box but after a few wears they were amazing. I still ball in mine today.

4 years later and you all still have so much disdain for the VII
mean.gif

I'm starting to believe I'm the only person in NT that the VII worked well for on court
ohwell.gif
, maybe because I really only used the cushlon insert, with the strap, and the elite insert with full length zoom. For me, the VII is right up there performance wise with the II, V, VIII, and 2K4.

Aesthetically, I love the 7's. Mine are beat to death. However, they absolutely killed my feet on court. I don't know if it's me, but I can't and have never been able to feel zoom.

Those last pictures of the XIs are smoking. Why isn't anyone tripping over the box. It looks like crap.

I don't really care about the box. Kobes used to have regular orange Nike boxes for years til the VIs, which never really bothered me.

Back
Top Bottom