Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Those aces are nice, but like someone said that mesh looks so cheap. They'd look way better with 8 or 9 mesh.

what kinds of pants to you guys where you kobes in casually? i see a lot of joggers, but can't find the right pair (not too baggy, not too slim). just wondering. 

I wonder if that shirt is made to go with the FTB XI's. That patch looks similar in color to the sewn on swoosh on the XI's

I wonder if that shirt is made to go with the FTB XI's. That patch looks similar in color to the sewn on swoosh on the XI's
Thats kind of what I was thinking. I'm not a huge fan of the shirts with just a little logo on the front though. Would like something on the back too if I had the choice 

what kinds of pants to you guys where you kobes in casually? i see a lot of joggers, but can't find the right pair (not too baggy, not too slim). just wondering. 

I'm a Levi's 511 man myself. 
- 511s
- H&M slim fit (sometimes skinny fit)
- Cotton On cuffed drake joggers, trippy slim trackies
- big fan of I Love Ugly (pricey, good quality though)

and Zubaz, of course.

I actually only wear Kobes with shorts. I only own Kobe 8's and wear them from May - Sept (when it's hot in NYC). I have a few adidas joggers (don't remember name but two  were purchased from modells and one has zippered side pockets) I think they will look good with and like someone else said some nice tapered Levi 508 Levi 511 will look good but I personally don't wear Kobe's with jeans.

Last edited:
I wear kobes for balling and beaters. lol

Oddly, I don‘t use them for much casual. Haha. Well, not often, but I mostly wear them with slimmer fitting jeans or slight taper ones like my nudies because the shoes are so lowcut and precise.

I've got a dumb question.. Why do they make the EM's, Kobe never wears those in a game correct? So whats the point in making them? Thanks for your help guys

I've got a dumb question.. Why do they make the EM's, Kobe never wears those in a game correct? So whats the point in making them? Thanks for your help guys

It‘s not just about Kobe though. It‘s more about capturing different consumers. Kind of like turbo and non turbo. By creating a tier, it further preserves the "elite", or "signature" line.

The EM also gives consumers who don‘t wanna pay $200 msrp for somethng similar. Kinda like a watered down version.

I am more curious about the EMs and the sole, because I am all for performance and feel. Not saying the "elite" aren‘t good, but it‘s just marketing.

Nike got smarter by mixing in the CWa with the EMs. Bad for guys like.us who want those Lakers CW. Oh well...

Last edited:
It‘s not just about Kobe though. It‘s more about capturing different consumers. Kind of like turbo and non turbo. By creating a tier, it further preserves the "elite", or "signature" line.

The EM also gives consumers who don‘t wanna pay $200 msrp for somethng similar. Kinda like a watered down version.

I am more curious about the EMs and the sole, because I am all for performance and feel. Not saying the "elite" aren‘t good, but it‘s just marketing.

Nike got smarter by mixing in the CWa with the EMs. Bad for guys like.us who want those Lakers CW. Oh well...
Okay that makes sense! Thank you, so performance wise are the elites and EMs typically pretty comparable then? Or do the elites blow them out of the water? I own about 15 pairs of kobe's, but honestly as a big kobe an, and not really an athletic person, I just get  them for fashion lol .

Okay that makes sense! Thank you, so performance wise are the elites and EMs typically pretty comparable then? Or do the elites blow them out of the water? I own about 15 pairs of kobe's, but honestly as a big kobe an, and not really an athletic person, I just get  them for fashion lol .
I know for the 9s I personally liked the EM better. The fly knit on the lows wasn't great and the tounge always felt weird to me

Quick question guys: if I buy one of those full length zoom things on ebay how could I utilize them in a pair of 11's? Has anybody else tried this?

Back
Top Bottom