Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
nerd.gif

Is there a trick to keeping the zipper up on the gloves? Because I'd rather not deal with that same problem on the icons.

Two things about the lows and the Icons:

1. Nice, but not enough to justify the $200 price tag (no shoe is, imo). I'm willing to go $100-$150 max.

2. It's great to see some normal colors released (specifically the black/white pairs).

I wonder why they chose The Glove as an inspiration...

Seems like they're trying to plant the seeds for post-retirement Kobe footwear though. Not mad.

Wonder what the other lakers colorway is gonna look like. With 1 month in between its gonna be a tough decision especially if pics don't surface by then

These 'Icons' seem like a cash-grab idea like the Jordan Futures and 1.5s.  I mean...every release is a cash grab when you get down to it, but some seem more unashamedly obvious.  If they're going produce a shoe using the tooling of the 6....they should just do a 'finale' pack.  

Last edited:
this

015    BLACK/COURT PURPLE/UNIVERSITY GOLD/WHITE    

and this

078    DARK GREY/BRIGHT MANGO/COURT PURPLE/VOLT  

nerd.gif

And all the lows sold out???

Almost none of the 9 highs sat for long.

Just compare the 9 highs and the 10 highs. You will know why the 10s sat then.

With the silhouette of the 11s I guarantee that the highs won't sit on shelves.
well, these are just my opinion;

the 9 high sold out because 1. first time flyknit used on basketball shoes 2. it was his "return from achilles injury" shoe. 3. almost all the color way are well thought out and executed.

the 10 high didn't because 1. dull CWs 2. dull CWs 3. dull CWs. 4. people don't want mono-tone flyknits.

Last edited:

well, these are just my opinion;

the 9 high sold out because 1. first time flyknit used on basketball shoes 2. it was his "return from achilles injury" shoe. 3. almost all the color way are well thought out and executed.

the 10 high didn't because 1. dull CWs 2. dull CWs 3. dull CWs. 4. people don't want mono-tone flyknits.
I agree with you on that.

The 9s were something new and the cw's as well as the design were really strong.

The 10s looked aesthetically worse and the comparison with the 9s made most of the 10 highs look sloppy.

But the 10s in general sit on the shelves.

I think that the 11s will sell better and the concept of a high top shoe fits much better with the silhouette of the 11s than with the silhouette of the 10s.

I agree with you on that.
The 9s were something new and the cw's as well as the design were really strong.
The 10s looked aesthetically worse and the comparison with the 9s made most of the 10 highs look sloppy.

But the 10s in general sit on the shelves.
I think that the 11s will sell better and the concept of a high top shoe fits much better with the silhouette of the 11s than with the silhouette of the 10s.

The X elite highs were sort of half-asced unfinished looking

But them Rose Golds, I made an exception for them

I like the PEs Kobe wears tho

That being said...

Watching him take flight on Capella last night and his last 6-7 games has inspired me to get back on the court

I gave bball up way earlier this year, partly bcuz I feel old at 32(33 in March) and I didn't have time to play due to work and school

But seeing this man play lately has refueled my desire to lace em up and give it a go

And there's no other shoe I'm stepping out there in other than some Mambas

But Im not dishing out 200$ bones in Jan to mess those red ones up

Would like to grab some X highs to run around in

XIs will be what I walk in the door wearing

I just need a couple weeks of alone time to get back in shape

Back
Top Bottom