OFFICIAL KOBE IX NIKEID-- NO BUYING/SELLING DISCUSSION--R.I.P KOBE 9 ID

Did you order the new flyknit multi-color?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
You're right. I don't mean to discourage experimentation. Definitely try it but don't you think a steamer or would work better? I actually think you should test a small area before if you use a heat gun because it will melt the shoe.

You're right. I don't mean to discourage experimentation. Definitely try it but don't you think a steamer or would work better? I actually think you should test a small area before if you use a heat gun because it will melt the shoe.
A steamer is an option but it tops out at 212F, most resins/plastics become pliable around 300F, so it would take longer do to what a heat gun would do in a 3rd of the time. The shoe wont melt, you would to have it on a fixed spot for a long time for that to happen

In order to remove the sole from a shoe I needed to heat it up to 450F but I noticed the FK material loosening up before then hence my discovery

All this only matters if he is trying to make the shoe more tailored to his foot and not a half size smaller 
laugh.gif

A steamer is an option but it tops out at 212F, most resins/plastics become pliable around 300F, so it would take longer do to what a heat gun would do in a 3rd of the time. The shoe wont melt, you would to have it on a fixed spot for a long time for that to happen

In order to remove the sole from a shoe I needed to heat it up to 450F but I noticed the FK material loosening up before then hence my discovery

All this only matters if he is trying to make the shoe more tailored to his foot and not a half size smaller :lol:

Dope! You attempted to sole swap?

Edit: I just noticed that you said you attempted it. Did you succeed at all?

Last edited:
Dope! You attempted to sole swap?

Edit: I just noticed that you said you attempted it. Did you succeed at all?
lol. Yes and no 

I was planning on making my own white gum bottom HTM. So I removed the sole from the Mid EXT which was quite easy and pair of white MC IDs they were harder to remove but came off without damage to the outsole which is quite thin. 

Went to align the shoe back up and the sole from the EXT wouldnt lineup like I wanted too, there were gaps in certain areas. So I stopped reglued both back together and donated the EXTs and kept the MC FK which I wear. 

Nice! Good try though! I was really hoping someone would try it! I was too afraid of trying it myself. I heard that sometimes the upper shrinks a bit when removed from the outsole. That could have caused the gaps when switching the outsoles. Im going to give it a try eventually.

Quick question: How do you guys clean light colored Flyknit? I have some 9 Elite iD's with grey Flyknit & I there's a "scuff" of sorts on it. What should I do?

Quick question: How do you guys clean light colored Flyknit? I have some 9 Elite iD's with grey Flyknit & I there's a "scuff" of sorts on it. What should I do?
I know its sounds crazy but "RESOLVE" Carpet Cleaner" spray bottle has been nothin but great cleanin the 'flyknit'..
Try it...ya wont be dissapointed.

Last edited:
Wish I took pictures but I wore my grey flyknit pair to move and do housework and they were in bad shape. I did multiple cleanings with Jason mark and they're soft scrub brush and looks great. For a cheaper option Lincoln ez cleaner works the same or better. I just like the soft bristle brush Jason mark sells

Kobe mangos $129.99 at ontario mills, ca  FSR.   

I wish they had highs,  prob should have copped when I saw the showtimes for 179.99. few weeks back.   oh well.  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom