OFFICIAL KOBE IX NIKEID-- NO BUYING/SELLING DISCUSSION--R.I.P KOBE 9 ID

Did you order the new flyknit multi-color?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
After all the build up and hype leading up to the release of the 9 with the prelude pack etc I think nike may have realized the MC option really cheapens the value of the masterpiece. Of course I'm just speculating but something like that could leave a bad taste for consumers that went thru hell trying to get the mp

Why would nike care what happens to any shoe after they sell out on it, they only care about selling out its shoes

The price difference from regular release to IDs isn't all for Nikes pockets.... Regular release pairs can be made easier at a high volume because it's the same colorway/design, which makes it more cost effective.

IDs on the other hand (in most cases) all need to be made individually because of different colorways, designs, personal IDs etc.....

I'm not saying nike doesn't still make a nice chunk of $$ from producing IDs, but the profit margin isn't the same, so that 25% price difference doesn't = 25% more in their pocket.

Don't be like this guy. Like I said, don't get caught in the hype. Black/Grey FK is boring and nothing but a consolation prize for those who missed the main event. The beauty of FK is and has been the multi colored patterns.

Not to mention, they probably pay higher shipping costs per shoe than a normal release.

Don't be like this guy. Like I said, don't get caught in the hype. Black/Grey FK is boring and nothing but a consolation prize for those who missed the main event. The beauty of FK is and has been the multi colored patterns.
Caught in what hype? I had a chance to order mc, I was able to order a pair for a friend... I ordered a black upper because guess what.... That's what I WANTED, and liked. And when I did order the black upper, MC was still available.

smokin.gif
 Same here... also for a black fk pair
me three for some black flyknits. it was supposed to be here on the 30th but nike decided to send my pair on a tour de asia. china-taiwan-japan. 

I only buy things for the hype |I

nah :tongue:

Hype usually kills shoes for me. Unless it's a classic (Jordan 11) or something, if everyone wants it then I don't most times. As it pertains to these the hype I see is folks wanting the MC and contemplating getting the black/grey just to have some FK Kobe's. Not directed at anyone on here but every shoe collector isn't a NT member. I know folks debating to get black/grey just to have a pair even if it's not what they really want.

Cheapens the value? They are not resellers. All they care if it sold and how quickly.

Why would nike care what happens to any shoe after they sell out on it, they only care about selling out its shoes

When I say value I'm not talking about aftermarket prices, I'm talking about perceived value, that intangible quality that allows nike to charge 200$ for a 10 dollar product. It's bad business to go all out marketing a product as limited and exclusive only to turn around and offer it to anybody who wants it. Like I said I'm just speculating and the MC might be back but it makes sense to me why it might not come back

Back
Top Bottom