Official LA Clippers Offseason Thread

Chris Kaman tweaked his back during pregame warmups and will not suit up for the Clippers on Tuesday.

The Clippers TV crew reports that he's doubtful for Wednesday's game, and is expected to have an MRI on Thursday. It sounds like more than a"tweak" if they've already scheduled an MRI, but we'll wait for the results before panicking. DeAndre JOrdan should start at center whileKaman is sidelined.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Chris Kaman tweaked his back during pregame warmups and will not suit up for the Clippers on Tuesday.

The Clippers TV crew reports that he's doubtful for Wednesday's game, and is expected to have an MRI on Thursday. It sounds like more than a "tweak" if they've already scheduled an MRI, but we'll wait for the results before panicking. DeAndre JOrdan should start at center while Kaman is sidelined.

DeAndre filling in nicely for Kaman, 6-6 fg 5-7 ft 17 points in the first half, hopefully he can sustain this in the 2nd half and help the team reach .500
Baron also playing well with 17-9-9 at the hald, for sure he can get the triple double tonight, LETS GO CLIPPERS!

DJ stepping it up
25hofbk.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

I'm still proud of DJ nonetheless.

Co-Sign.

Disappointing to let this game slip away though
tired.gif

Same story with this team. Play great for three quarters and let up in the end.

I can't believe we let that lead slip away.
smh.gif

Having long droughts with no buckets will always kill us.
oh well, back at it again tomorrow in the NO.

now we really need to get that game in New Orleans because after that its against the Lakers once again

Tough loss last night. Under the circumstances, I wouldn't call it a choke. The 35 minute delay could only hurt the team that had the momentum until thatpoint, which was us. It was also only a matter of time before Memphis got a bit hot. That's what happened. Still had a good look for the win, but Rasualjust didn't capitalize. I just hope the team is not too deflated to give a good effort at NO tonight.

I cant believe the bad luck we have.

So we'll be seeing more of AL thornton guarding power forwards that are 5 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier
pimp.gif

After experiencing some discomfort during his recently-accelerated rehabilitation program, Clippers' forward Blake Griffin was examined Tuesday afternoon by Dr. Neal ElAttrache in Los Angeles.

As a result of that examination, it has been determined that the healing in his left patella area has not improved to the expected required level. Griffin will undergo a surgical procedure in the near future, with a recovery prognosis of four to six months. Team personnel will be made available to the media. Further details will be made available as events develop.

Previously on December 23rd, after undergoing a CT Scan and MRI Griffin had been cleared to increase his rehabilitation workload.

Griffin, the first overall selection in the 2009 NBA Draft, suffered a non-displaced stress fracture of his left patella during the Clippers' last preseason game vs. the New Orleans Hornets on Friday, October 23rd.

Via Press Release

tired.gif

Griffin's rookie season lost to injury

LOS ANGELES -- Blake Griffin's first season with the Los Angeles Clippers is over before it even began.

Griffin will have surgery on his broken left kneecap, keeping the No. 1 draft pick out for at least four more months, the eternally star-crossed Clippersannounced in a statement Wednesday.

Griffin hasn't played a regular-season game yet for the Clippers after injuring his kneecap in their final preseason game Oct. 23, wincing in pain as helanded after a dunk. After resting the stress fracture for several weeks, the former Oklahoma star recently increased his workload in rehabilitation by runningon an anti-gravity treadmill.

The power forward developed pain in his knee, and an examination Tuesday revealed his recovery wasn't progressing properly. The Clippers said more detailswould be announced soon.

After a loss in Memphis on Tuesday, the Clippers will play at New Orleans on Wednesday night before returning to Los Angeles for a road game against the Lakerson Friday.

Griffin was the consensus college player of the year with 22.7 points and an NCAA-best 14.4 rebounds per game last season for the Sooners, and the Clipperseagerly chose him in last June's draft.

Griffin averaged 13.7 points and 8.1 rebounds during the preseason, and coach Mike Dunleavy and his new teammates all expected him to be a major part of theircomeback season. Instead, Griffin has never been fully healthy in Los Angeles, even straining his right shoulder during summer league play in Las Vegas.

Griffin's woes sadly can't be surprising to fans of a team with just two winning seasons in the last 30 years and just one playoff series victory sincemoving to town in 1984.

The Clippers also have a long history of disappointing draft picks, including a pair of No. 1 overall choices that didn't dazzle.

Danny Manning played just 26 games in his rookie season in 1988-89 after tearing his knee ligament and undergoing surgery, though he eventually became anAll-Star before fleeing town. Michael Olowokandi, the top pick in 1998, played just 45 games in his rookie season, and he wasn't much help even whenhealthy during five underachieving seasons.

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Terrible news.

Now, I'm willing to admit that we're cursed. I used to deny it, but I can't anymore after this.

Originally Posted by LARidah23

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Terrible news.

Now, I'm willing to admit that we're cursed. I used to deny it, but I can't anymore after this.
I feel the same way after the season was looking up. I hope this isnt like Oden who keeps going down.

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Terrible news.

i can't blame you bro, my brother was telling me the same thing and i said i don;t believe in those things, injuries happen whatever team itmay be, i believe this is just magnified because of the Clips losing history otherwise it wouldn't be much talked about like the rest of powerhouse teamswith major injuries as well, with that said, another tough loss tonight, bad shooting game really.

anyway hope blake don't rush back and just rest and rehab and let the knee heal, he's still young, he can overcome this...have faith clipper nation!

smh.gif
--Dang, I seriously wanted to see dude play too.
--Whats up with the recent number one selections missing NBA playtime?

in other news,

Clippers Now Unlikely To Deal Camby
Jan 14, 2010 10:20 AM EST

The Clippers have received consistent interested from teams looking to acquire Marcus Camby.

One source with knowledge of the Clippers' thinking said Wednesday that knowing now that Blake Griffin is not coming back this season makes it more likely that they retain Camby.

It emerged after the deadline passed last February that both Portland and San Antonio engaged in serious Camby talks with the Clips on deadline day.

If the Clippers fade from the race, then trading Camby would be a decision that becomes difficult to resist.

Via ESPN

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Terrible news.

Dude, I was saying that very thing to my dad after the Memphis game, BEFORE I heard about Blake. I mean the fact that Kaman tweaked his back in warm-ups rightafter getting named player of the week was enough to convince me. The Griffin thing is just incontrovertible proof that the curse exists.

The SD Sports Arena was a burial ground and we offended the dead by leaving. We need to come back and right the wrong

new ownership wouldnt be too bad either

Back
Top Bottom