Official LA Clippers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by jepeh21

saw on yahoo blake might have hurt his knee on that end to end play, hopefully its nothing major
Yep. So far, the team is saying that its a bone bruise and that he's day to day. He was supposed to be getting a second opinion today. Ihaven't heard anything else yet. I'm assuming at this point that he won't play tomorrow, but hopefully he'll be back soon. Everyone elseshould be good to go.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by jepeh21

saw on yahoo blake might have hurt his knee on that end to end play, hopefully its nothing major
Yep. So far, the team is saying that its a bone bruise and that he's day to day. He was supposed to be getting a second opinion today. I haven't heard anything else yet. I'm assuming at this point that he won't play tomorrow, but hopefully he'll be back soon. Everyone else should be good to go.

LOS ANGELES (AP)-BlakeGriffin's(notes) NBA debut has been pushed back indefinitely after the Los Angeles Clippers revealed late Monday night that their No. 1 overall draftpick has a broken left kneecap.

The stress fracture could sideline the Oklahoma star for six weeks, the team announced, promising further information Tuesday.

Griffin, who averaged 13.7 points and 8.1 rebounds per game during the preseason, won't be in the Clippers' lineup when they face the Lakers intheir opener Tuesday night, and he could be out much longer. The Clippers play 20 games in their first six weeks of the regular season.

Griffin apparently broke his kneecap during the Clippers' final exhibition game against New Orleans last Friday, perhaps after a dunk that left thepower forward wincing in pain. The team initially said Griffin only had a sore left knee, making him questionable for the opener, before revealing thebreak.

Griffin was the consensus college player of the year with 22.7 points and an NCAA-best 14.4 rebounds per game last season for the Sooners.

After the Clippers won the draft lottery and selected him, Griffin strained his right shoulder during a summer league game in July. The team brought himback cautiously, and Griffin said he was totally healthy in the preseason.

His latest injury is a sadly unsurprising setback for the star-crossed Clippers, who won just 19 games last year in an injury-plagued season. Los Angeleshas just two winning in the last 30 years and just one playoff series victory since moving to town in 1984.

Los Angeles was mostly healthy going into this fall, with point guard BaronDavis(notes) and center Chris Kaman(notes)both ready to play after missing chunks of last season. The Clippers actually have solid frontcourt talent with Marcus Camby(notes), Al Thornton(notes)and Rasual Butler(notes)alongside Griffin.

another bad break, hopefully he gets back healthy soon

Just heard the news about Griffin.

Why am I not surprised?
ohwell.gif

Guess I'm just used to the string of bad luck we have every year with injuries.

sucks for us but we still have a lil depth @ PF to make up for this brief loss.
You're definitely right about that. I know DJ is up for the challenge, and Craig Smith was a nice pickup for us.

But still..... Would've been nice to see Griffin in his first game on a national stage
ohwell.gif
. Hopefully the injury isn't too serious and he could get well soon.

Let's try to keep our heads up Clipper fans. AS MJ Shoe said, we still have a much improved squad even without Griffin. Tonight is going to be a toughtask, but I see no reason why we still can't be competitive.

Originally Posted by K Rods Slider

I was def. a Blake Griffin doubter (didn't like his game in college), but he looks good for us!

I just hope the Clipper Curse doesn't kick in.

BTW, mjshoefanatic: what happened to the Clipper Boards?
Argh. I've been a Clipper Fan for toooooo long. Anyways, on with the game and hoping for a miracle.
embarassed.gif

My team can not get a break. Hope Blake comes back strong in December. Let's go Clippers win tonite

Clips playing sloppy in the 1st half but are surprisingly still in the game. Need to clean things up in the 2nd half or this game will turn into a rout.

Clips bench killing the Lakers' bench to keep the game close, now the starters need to step it up. Rhino is a beast!

a lot of clippers fan now...
ive never seen a bunch of you guys before griffin was drafted
smh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

once again, im disappointed in this team. really want to see this team suceed...

All of my co-workers been given me flack all day about the curse. They keep saying you can join us laker fans, HHEELLL NNNOOO I will not jump ship. CLIPPERSFOR LIFE

Originally Posted by BangDak

smh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

once again, im disappointed in this team. really want to see this team suceed...
past two seasons we've been decimated with injuries, not much to cheer for sherlock but don't act like I've been invisible
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

smh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

A lot of the same guys were here before, we just didn't have much to talk about during last year's disaster season.

laugh.gif
i have no idea what you were trying to say MJSF...

and i love the ol' "i never saw these many clippers fans before___"

said it when we made the playoffs.
said it when we signed Baron
said it when we drafted BG.

It never gets old
laugh.gif

but as far as my previous comment. I stand by it.

I've learned to not expect playoffs anymore since the '05 run; It hurts less.
laugh.gif

First SL, then the EB injury, then EB leaving and now Blake gets hurt. It seems the last 4 seasons we've had something terrible happen before the seasoneven started. Basketball gods are frowning on us.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

7 Point loss without Blake. I'll take it. Both teams played sloppy and i could not believe the run the Lakers had to start the 4th. Let's just hope theguys take this one personal and get a W tomorrow.

yeah losing by that little to the defending champs should motivate our team to come out even more aggressive vs PHX lata on tonight ftw!!! Plus, Rhino shouldhelp us out alot with blake on the mend.

btw I'll be @ the game sitting up in PR section
icon_mework.gif

Back
Top Bottom