Official LA Clippers Offseason Thread

I just hope the team can stay healthy overall, the team is deep enough to absorb some little injuries but hopefully no one misses a significant amount of time.You can see the team developing great chemistry and getting used to playing with each other, the only way that continues is to avoid serious injuries.

Originally Posted by socluis90

i've got 4 tickets for saturdays doubleheader. selling 2 for $50 or 4 for $90. hit me up.
thanks but no thanks I've already got mine
pimp.gif

Judge: Ex-Clippers GM Baylor must share records

LOS ANGELES (AP)-A judge says former Los Angeles Clippers general manager Elgin Baylor must provide the Clippers with documents that supports his discrimination lawsuit against the team.

A Los Angeles judge on Friday gave Baylor's attorneys two weeks to hand over the information.

The 75-year-old Hall of Famer was general manager of the Clippers for 22 years before leaving last fall.

The team said he resigned, but Baylor, who's black, claimed he was forced out by age and racial discrimination.

In February, he sued the team, owner Donald Sterling and the NBA.

Baylor, considered one of basketball's greatest players, was with the Los Angeles Lakers for 14 years and briefly coached the New Orleans Jazz. He joined the Clippers in 1986.

eyes.gif

Did not see or hear any of tonight's game, but it looks like we got another solid win. Once again, contributions from a variety of people. Notables thistime are Craig Smith and Kareem Rush. If we keep this kind of thing up once the real season starts, its going to be a fun year.

Yeah, another nice win tonight but it's hard for me to get excited in the pre-season because they also had a good pre-season last year and we all know howthat turned out. This is a totally different team though so I have high hopes for this season.

Hopefully Lakers hold on to win tonight so tomorrow's game will be televised against them.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

This is a way diffrerent team from last preseason since we finally have a serviceable bench.
9vfpq8.gif

Craig Smith
pimp.gif

Dropped 26 tonight.

And the last Clippers' roster spot goes to ... Kareem Rush.

Rush, who came to camp as a free agent, said on Tuesday before the exhibition against Maccabi Tel Aviv that Clippers Coach Mike Dunleavy told him he would be sticking around.

The Clippers have been deciding whether to carry 14 or 15 players on the roster.

"I've put myself in position to make this team," Rush said. "I think I've done a great job of establishing myself and showing what I'm capable of doing. It's up to the front office.

"Coach [Dunleavy] told me I was going to start the season with the team. I'm happy with what I've done this preseason and hope I can continue to play well and be a guy who can contribute."

The Clippers like the depth Rush gives them on the perimeter and his ability to hit the open shot.

"It's just what I do. I've been a shooter all my career," he said. "My job is to come down here and knock down open shots. It's my job to take 'em and make 'em. I've been shooting the ball pretty well. All due to the hard work I've been putting in this summer."

Naturally, Rush, the former Laker, was asked for his opinion on Blake Griffin's mammoth dunk on Sunday against the Lakers in the fourth quarter. .

"It was amazing," Rush said. "He's a YouTube fanatic. I told him I need 10% of all royalties from the posters he's gonna sell. Blake's a great talent. He's going to be a great player in this league."

Did he get the 10% in writing?

"I think it's just a gentleman's handshake deal, for 10%," Rush said, laughing.

Lisa Dillman, The Fabulous Forum

nice pickup
glasses.gif

Rush deserves that 15th spot no doubt and hopefully this move limits Bricky's PT.

I was def. a Blake Griffin doubter (didn't like his game in college), but he looks good for us!

I just hope the Clipper Curse doesn't kick in.

BTW, mjshoefanatic: what happened to the Clipper Boards?

Originally Posted by K Rods Slider

I was def. a Blake Griffin doubter (didn't like his game in college), but he looks good for us!

I just hope the Clipper Curse doesn't kick in.

BTW, mjshoefanatic: what happened to the Clipper Boards?
just google
clipper realgm forum
clipper topbuzz forum

they both stay on bop status
pimp.gif

Damn, our squad looks good
pimp.gif

Some keys to success:

1. Keep Bricky on the bench or better yet trade him.
2. Never ever let Mardy run point again (see Lakers game, 2nd quarter).

Be ready to see BoomDizzle to take charge this year. Alleyoops for days when it comes to Deandre Jordan and of course...."Amazin" Blake Griffin....

Let the season begin!

^ I should have drafted B Davis on my fantasy squad. I picked D. Rose over him! arrrghhh!

my fault, i've been watching the Angels games
laugh.gif

good vid up there.

smh.gif
at the dorms here taking away ESPN, FSN, and Prime ticket away so im gonna have to watch the whole season on my computer

Originally Posted by erupt107th

my fault, i've been watching the Angels games
laugh.gif

good vid up there.

smh.gif
at the dorms here taking away ESPN, FSN, and Prime ticket away so im gonna have to watch the whole season on my computer
Dayum! That sounds like a jail... Where do you go to school?

laugh.gif
csun.

They switched from Time Warner to DirecTv and for some reason we dont have ESPN, of the FSN's but we have ESPNU
smh.gif

Eric Gordon for MIP!
I will be attending one of the Clippers @ Spurs games this year just to see my man EJ tear it up..

Back
Top Bottom