Official: LA Noire Thread PS3 & XBOX 360: Game Drops On 5/17: GOTY For 2011: DLC Info On Page 35

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by politicsasusual

I hate hearing about which console is better than the other but when I heard it was going to be 3 discs on the 360...

laugh.gif

Enjoy the game however you prefer though.
This game was originally exclusive to the PS3 since 2006 I think. I didn't hear about until last year but 3 discs wow
laugh.gif

Never was exclusive, PS3 never went through with the deal. it was supposed to be exclusive tho.
Do some homework.

The game started off with it's rights and early development started up with Sony. The head guy for team Bondi worked on the Getaway which was a PS2 exclusive game. Sony spent about $20 million at first and didn't like how long it was taking for the game to be completed. R* stepped in and offered to take over development and made a deal letting L.A. Noire to go multi platform with Sony getting Agent as a PS3 exclusive game.

Link:

http://shogungamer.com/ne...res-troubled-development

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by politicsasusual

I hate hearing about which console is better than the other but when I heard it was going to be 3 discs on the 360...

laugh.gif

Enjoy the game however you prefer though.
This game was originally exclusive to the PS3 since 2006 I think. I didn't hear about until last year but 3 discs wow
laugh.gif

Never was exclusive, PS3 never went through with the deal. it was supposed to be exclusive tho.
Do some homework.

The game started off with it's rights and early development started up with Sony. The head guy for team Bondi worked on the Getaway which was a PS2 exclusive game. Sony spent about $20 million at first and didn't like how long it was taking for the game to be completed. R* stepped in and offered to take over development and made a deal letting L.A. Noire to go multi platform with Sony getting Agent as a PS3 exclusive game.

Link:

http://shogungamer.com/ne...res-troubled-development

Originally Posted by infam0usP

Originally Posted by Benihana

Who cares if it's 3 discs really? Not that big of a deal, still going to play the EXACT same as PS3 with 0 variations in graphics. 5 years in and PS3 still hasn't uncovered/utilized their "raw" power that was supposed to blow Xbox away once developers learned how to develop for it.

-The Juice
THIS. Corny PS3 stans stay reaching. I only had to swap my disc once for Mass Effect 2 & at one point of each (4) disc for Lost Odyssey. The game dosn't load any slower or look any worse

laugh.gif

Play Final Fantasy XIII on XBOX 360 which was 3 or 4 discs and then compare it to the PS3 version. If you seriously think there is no graphical difference then you are full of SHIET.

Gaming websites like IGN did a video comparison that clearly showed the PS3 was better. Also there is a reason why Final Fantasy XIII sold better on PS3 compared to the XBOX 360 version.

Who cares if it's 3 discs really? Not that big of a deal, still going to play the EXACT same as PS3 with 0 variations in graphics. 5 years in and PS3 still hasn't uncovered/utilized their "raw" power that was supposed to blow Xbox away once developers learned how to develop for it.

-The Juice
THIS. Corny PS3 stans stay reaching. I only had to swap my disc once for Mass Effect 2 & at one point of each (4) disc for Lost Odyssey. The game dosn't load any slower or look any worse

laugh.gif

Play Final Fantasy XIII on XBOX 360 which was 3 or 4 discs and then compare it to the PS3 version. If you seriously think there is no graphical difference then you are full of SHIET.

Gaming websites like IGN did a video comparison that clearly showed the PS3 was better. Also there is a reason why Final Fantasy XIII sold better on PS3 compared to the XBOX 360 version.

Just buy whichever version you want...

whether it has 3 disc or 1,

You're still going to have fun either way.

Same when it comes to comparing graphics...

Nobody is going to be playing the same games on both systems side by side at the same time so why does it matter?

It doesn't!

Just buy whichever version you want...

whether it has 3 disc or 1,

You're still going to have fun either way.

Same when it comes to comparing graphics...

Nobody is going to be playing the same games on both systems side by side at the same time so why does it matter?

It doesn't!

Originally Posted by MR J 858

-The Juice

laugh.gif

Why don't you play Red Dead Redemption on both systems and compare the graphics? And guess what studio is making L.A. Noire: The one that made Final Fantasy, or the one that made Red Dead Redemption? But I don't expect the difference will be as huge now since L.A. Noire was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive.

Overall, if you're a PS3 owner, you really don't want to start a discussion about what multiplatform games look best on what console. Only a few mainly Japanese made games exist where you can say that PS3 is hands down the better console to own them on. The bulk of multiplatform games look and perform better on the 360 and that's a fact, most notably Call of Duty, Red Dead Redemption and NBA 2K11. And oh, Mass Effect 2 doesn't count in this discussion since the PS3 version was made a year after the 360 one and runs on a new engine.

Of course it's more convenient to have it on one disc, but I'm sure that switching discs will be nowhere near as big of a deal as some claim.

-The Juice

laugh.gif

Why don't you play Red Dead Redemption on both systems and compare the graphics? And guess what studio is making L.A. Noire: The one that made Final Fantasy, or the one that made Red Dead Redemption? But I don't expect the difference will be as huge now since L.A. Noire was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive.

Overall, if you're a PS3 owner, you really don't want to start a discussion about what multiplatform games look best on what console. Only a few mainly Japanese made games exist where you can say that PS3 is hands down the better console to own them on. The bulk of multiplatform games look and perform better on the 360 and that's a fact, most notably Call of Duty, Red Dead Redemption and NBA 2K11. And oh, Mass Effect 2 doesn't count in this discussion since the PS3 version was made a year after the 360 one and runs on a new engine.

Of course it's more convenient to have it on one disc, but I'm sure that switching discs will be nowhere near as big of a deal as some claim.

Still uncertain on whether I should put this game on my next game purchase list..

If it's anything like red dead redemption. . Then yeah.. must copped..

Still uncertain on whether I should put this game on my next game purchase list..

If it's anything like red dead redemption. . Then yeah.. must copped..

-The Juice

laugh.gif

You're comparing an intended PS3 exclusive that was PORTED to Xbox 360 (had at least a year's shorter dev time) to 2 games that were in the opposite scenario 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
 at ANY real gamer considering IGN a reputable source for game reviews. Don't even start the topic of which system has more s****y multi-platform ports because you WILL lose.

P.S. Final Fantasy 13 sucked on BOTH systems (it didn't even sell a mil. on PS3: http://www.webcitation.org/5yVuaJbpT) ; Square hasn't made a good entry in that series since 10

-The Juice

laugh.gif

You're comparing an intended PS3 exclusive that was PORTED to Xbox 360 (had at least a year's shorter dev time) to 2 games that were in the opposite scenario 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
 at ANY real gamer considering IGN a reputable source for game reviews. Don't even start the topic of which system has more s****y multi-platform ports because you WILL lose.

P.S. Final Fantasy 13 sucked on BOTH systems (it didn't even sell a mil. on PS3: http://www.webcitation.org/5yVuaJbpT) ; Square hasn't made a good entry in that series since 10

Blah blah blah blah blah on this system bs just get the game and enjoy it. I cant wait to play this game!

Blah blah blah blah blah on this system bs just get the game and enjoy it. I cant wait to play this game!

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Neither.

LA Noire is made by Team Bondi, R* is just publishing it.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Neither.

LA Noire is made by Team Bondi, R* is just publishing it.

Back
Top Bottom