Official: LA Noire Thread PS3 & XBOX 360: Game Drops On 5/17: GOTY For 2011: DLC Info On Page 35

Originally Posted by Hyper

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Why don't you play Red Dead Redemption on both systems and compare the graphics? And guess what studio is making L.A. Noire: The one that made Final Fantasy, or the one that made Red Dead Redemption? But I don't expect the difference will be as huge now since L.A. Noire was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive.

Overall, if you're a PS3 owner, you really don't want to start a discussion about what multiplatform games look best on what console. Only a few mainly Japanese made games exist where you can say that PS3 is hands down the better console to own them on. The bulk of multiplatform games look and perform better on the 360 and that's a fact, most notably Call of Duty, Red Dead Redemption and NBA 2K11. And oh, Mass Effect 2 doesn't count in this discussion since the PS3 version was made a year after the 360 one and runs on a new engine.

Of course it's more convenient to have it on one disc, but I'm sure that switching discs will be nowhere near as big of a deal as some claim.

Neither.

LA Noire is made by Team Bondi, R* is just publishing it.
That's not completely true.

Team Bondi is responsible for the main story, game characters, and motion capture technology. But R* is mostly responsible for creating the 1947 LA City and the 8 squares miles that's in the game, the driving system, fighting system, shooting system, and the games soundtrack. Which is good because when Team Bondi did the Getaway the main story was pretty good but the rest of the game and mainly the game play sucked pretty bad,

Originally Posted by Hyper

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Why don't you play Red Dead Redemption on both systems and compare the graphics? And guess what studio is making L.A. Noire: The one that made Final Fantasy, or the one that made Red Dead Redemption? But I don't expect the difference will be as huge now since L.A. Noire was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive.

Overall, if you're a PS3 owner, you really don't want to start a discussion about what multiplatform games look best on what console. Only a few mainly Japanese made games exist where you can say that PS3 is hands down the better console to own them on. The bulk of multiplatform games look and perform better on the 360 and that's a fact, most notably Call of Duty, Red Dead Redemption and NBA 2K11. And oh, Mass Effect 2 doesn't count in this discussion since the PS3 version was made a year after the 360 one and runs on a new engine.

Of course it's more convenient to have it on one disc, but I'm sure that switching discs will be nowhere near as big of a deal as some claim.

Neither.

LA Noire is made by Team Bondi, R* is just publishing it.
That's not completely true.

Team Bondi is responsible for the main story, game characters, and motion capture technology. But R* is mostly responsible for creating the 1947 LA City and the 8 squares miles that's in the game, the driving system, fighting system, shooting system, and the games soundtrack. Which is good because when Team Bondi did the Getaway the main story was pretty good but the rest of the game and mainly the game play sucked pretty bad,

This just keeps getting better

Rockstar is putting all of their resources behind their next blockbuster, L.A. Noire, which drops on May 17. Along with it, a pair of soundtracks for the video game hit stores that day. Jazz label Verve will release one in conjunction with the 1940s setting, but L.A. Noire: Remixed is also looking to make an impact.

The six-track EP features a remix from DJ Premier (listen below) and Truth & Soul, who we've just learned is a supergroup comprised of Adele, Amy Winehouse and Aloe Blacc. Their contribution to the remixed OST should be sick, but we're looking forward to a full debut record from those three more than anything.

Rockstar is putting all of their resources behind their next blockbuster, L.A. Noire, which drops on May 17. Along with it, a pair of soundtracks for the video game hit stores that day. Jazz label Verve will release one in conjunction with the 1940s setting, but L.A. Noire: Remixed is also looking to make an impact.

The six-track EP features a remix from DJ Premier (listen below) and Truth & Soul, who we've just learned is a supergroup comprised of Adele, Amy Winehouse and Aloe Blacc. Their contribution to the remixed OST should be sick, but we're looking forward to a full debut record from those three more than anything.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

eek.gif
 sweet jesus!

eek.gif
 sweet jesus!

Soundtrack for this game like other R* games I've played and gotten soundtracks for will be downloaded off torrents.

I actually bought the 6 or 5 disc soundtrack box set for GTA Vice City since I'm a child of the 80's and like a lot of the music genre from that time period. GTA San Andreas game soundtrack is dope also which I also downloaded. That soundtrack especially the hip hop, rap, R&B, and new jack swing music genre took me back to some good times since the game & music was set in the late 80's & early to mid 90's since that was a time in my life where I was going through junior high & high school years.

RDR game soundtrack is dope as well and I downloaded it. The only soundtrack which I downloaded to and listened to that I thought was straight TRASH was GTA IV
laugh.gif
another reason why I was so disappointed with GTA IV
laugh.gif

Bottom line though R* knows what they are doing when it comes to selecting music soundtracks to fit the games they make.

Soundtrack for this game like other R* games I've played and gotten soundtracks for will be downloaded off torrents.

I actually bought the 6 or 5 disc soundtrack box set for GTA Vice City since I'm a child of the 80's and like a lot of the music genre from that time period. GTA San Andreas game soundtrack is dope also which I also downloaded. That soundtrack especially the hip hop, rap, R&B, and new jack swing music genre took me back to some good times since the game & music was set in the late 80's & early to mid 90's since that was a time in my life where I was going through junior high & high school years.

RDR game soundtrack is dope as well and I downloaded it. The only soundtrack which I downloaded to and listened to that I thought was straight TRASH was GTA IV
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bottom line though R* knows what they are doing when it comes to selecting music soundtracks to fit the games they make.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]L.A. Noire: The Story Behind the Man[/h1]Rockstar and developer Team Bondi are trying something totally new with L.A. Noire. It's a detective story that truly puts you in the shoes of a cop, searching crime scenes and interrogating suspects. To date, we only know Cole Phelps as a hard-nosed cop. But there's more to Cole than just his badge and his gun.

To find out what else we can expect from L.A. Noire, we caught up with Rockstar's VP of Product Development Jeronimo Barrera.

IGN: When we first meet Cole Phelps, we know him as a war hero and a paragon of the police department. But there's more to him than what's on the surface, right?

Jeronimo Barrera: There's a lot more to Phelps than we have revealed so far. We want that to be revealed as Cole strives to rise through the ranks of the LAPD. When you begin the game, Cole's a patrolman who is eager to go the extra mile in order to solve a case, which automatically sets him apart as a man destined for big things within the department. The further you progress – and the better you are at investigating crime scenes – the more you will learn about Cole's past and his time in the war.

IGN: Why did Phelps become a cop?

Jeronimo Barrera:
Cole is highly educated, the product of good schools and a good family, who is instilled with a deep sense of duty and the expectation that he was born to lead. However his experiences in the war profoundly changed him, leading him to try another path by enrolling in the LAPD.

IGN: How do the events of Phelps' time in WWII influence the story in L.A. Noire?

Jeronimo Barrera: Phelps' time in the war is the backdrop and main motivator for him to want to do the right thing within the LAPD. He enrolled as an officer believing that right would always be on his side and that he had what it takes to lead men. But by the team we meet him, he views the Silver Star he won during the Battle of Okinawa – and the reputation that precedes him - as much as a burden as an honor.

IGN: Though he rubs some people in the department the wrong way, Phelps is commonly regarded as a "great case man." What makes him so good?

Jeronimo Barrera:
Cole has great analytical and investigative skills and a strong college education, making him perfect detective material. He works the evidence, carefully analyzing a crime scene for clues and then meticulously chasing leads. He also has a strong detective's instinct and is not afraid to push a suspect for more information. At first, Phelps seems a little too clean-cut to really dig deep as a detective, but Phelps quickly proves he's prepared to make difficult decisions.

IGN: Each desk brings a new partner. Can you tell us about the people who will be sitting shotgun?

Jeronimo Barrera: When we originally meet Phelps, he's partnered with Officer Ralph Dunn on Patrol. Dunn is your average beat cop: a nice guy, working hard to make his way but lacking the initiative or self-confidence to take the same kind of steps as Phelps.

Stefan Bekowsky is Phelps's partner on Traffic. A young detective who's earned his mettle on the streets of L.A., Bekowsky views Phelps with suspicion due to the department's fast-tracking of the young war hero, but the pair forms a working relationship quickly.

A hard-working, hard-drinking detective of the old school, Rusty Galloway does not want or need a relatively fresh, young star of the department working alongside him in Homicide. Homicide deals with the most gruesome cases on the force so convictions are the priority, and Galloway is ever ready to provide them.

Roy Earle works the Vice desk – the most glamorous desk of the LAPD – and he knows it. Vice work the seams of L.A.'s high life, where drugs, prostitution and gambling are the flip side of Hollywood's well-attended parties and late-night speakeasies. Roy Earle is a smooth-talking, flash-dressing product of his environment.

Herschel Biggs is a 30-year veteran of the force. At the tail end of a long and difficult career that has taken him all over the LAPD, Biggs works the Arson desk like a man who's seen it all.

IGN: Is there any one partner that stands out to you and why?

Jeronimo Barrera:
Each partner brings their own dynamic to a desk. Cole gets along with some partners better than others, and players can learn a lot about each partner while driving with them to locations during cases. It would be impossible to pick out a favorite, although Rusty has a way with women that, while acceptable at the time, would not get far in this day and age.

IGN: After a few hours with L.A. Noire, I'd say most players will see Phelps as an altruistic, noble, heroic do-gooder. How much will that perception change by the end of L.A. Noire?

Jeronimo Barrera:
Like many great noir characters, Phelps is more complicated than he first appears. That journey is at the core of the experience of playing the game: in a town like Los Angeles, everybody has something to hide.
Link:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1167002p1.html

pimp.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]L.A. Noire: The Story Behind the Man[/h1]Rockstar and developer Team Bondi are trying something totally new with L.A. Noire. It's a detective story that truly puts you in the shoes of a cop, searching crime scenes and interrogating suspects. To date, we only know Cole Phelps as a hard-nosed cop. But there's more to Cole than just his badge and his gun.

To find out what else we can expect from L.A. Noire, we caught up with Rockstar's VP of Product Development Jeronimo Barrera.

IGN: When we first meet Cole Phelps, we know him as a war hero and a paragon of the police department. But there's more to him than what's on the surface, right?

Jeronimo Barrera: There's a lot more to Phelps than we have revealed so far. We want that to be revealed as Cole strives to rise through the ranks of the LAPD. When you begin the game, Cole's a patrolman who is eager to go the extra mile in order to solve a case, which automatically sets him apart as a man destined for big things within the department. The further you progress – and the better you are at investigating crime scenes – the more you will learn about Cole's past and his time in the war.

IGN: Why did Phelps become a cop?

Jeronimo Barrera:
Cole is highly educated, the product of good schools and a good family, who is instilled with a deep sense of duty and the expectation that he was born to lead. However his experiences in the war profoundly changed him, leading him to try another path by enrolling in the LAPD.

IGN: How do the events of Phelps' time in WWII influence the story in L.A. Noire?

Jeronimo Barrera: Phelps' time in the war is the backdrop and main motivator for him to want to do the right thing within the LAPD. He enrolled as an officer believing that right would always be on his side and that he had what it takes to lead men. But by the team we meet him, he views the Silver Star he won during the Battle of Okinawa – and the reputation that precedes him - as much as a burden as an honor.

IGN: Though he rubs some people in the department the wrong way, Phelps is commonly regarded as a "great case man." What makes him so good?

Jeronimo Barrera:
Cole has great analytical and investigative skills and a strong college education, making him perfect detective material. He works the evidence, carefully analyzing a crime scene for clues and then meticulously chasing leads. He also has a strong detective's instinct and is not afraid to push a suspect for more information. At first, Phelps seems a little too clean-cut to really dig deep as a detective, but Phelps quickly proves he's prepared to make difficult decisions.

IGN: Each desk brings a new partner. Can you tell us about the people who will be sitting shotgun?

Jeronimo Barrera: When we originally meet Phelps, he's partnered with Officer Ralph Dunn on Patrol. Dunn is your average beat cop: a nice guy, working hard to make his way but lacking the initiative or self-confidence to take the same kind of steps as Phelps.

Stefan Bekowsky is Phelps's partner on Traffic. A young detective who's earned his mettle on the streets of L.A., Bekowsky views Phelps with suspicion due to the department's fast-tracking of the young war hero, but the pair forms a working relationship quickly.

A hard-working, hard-drinking detective of the old school, Rusty Galloway does not want or need a relatively fresh, young star of the department working alongside him in Homicide. Homicide deals with the most gruesome cases on the force so convictions are the priority, and Galloway is ever ready to provide them.

Roy Earle works the Vice desk – the most glamorous desk of the LAPD – and he knows it. Vice work the seams of L.A.'s high life, where drugs, prostitution and gambling are the flip side of Hollywood's well-attended parties and late-night speakeasies. Roy Earle is a smooth-talking, flash-dressing product of his environment.

Herschel Biggs is a 30-year veteran of the force. At the tail end of a long and difficult career that has taken him all over the LAPD, Biggs works the Arson desk like a man who's seen it all.

IGN: Is there any one partner that stands out to you and why?

Jeronimo Barrera:
Each partner brings their own dynamic to a desk. Cole gets along with some partners better than others, and players can learn a lot about each partner while driving with them to locations during cases. It would be impossible to pick out a favorite, although Rusty has a way with women that, while acceptable at the time, would not get far in this day and age.

IGN: After a few hours with L.A. Noire, I'd say most players will see Phelps as an altruistic, noble, heroic do-gooder. How much will that perception change by the end of L.A. Noire?

Jeronimo Barrera:
Like many great noir characters, Phelps is more complicated than he first appears. That journey is at the core of the experience of playing the game: in a town like Los Angeles, everybody has something to hide.
Link:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1167002p1.html

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MR J 858

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I know man GTA 4 soundtrack was
sick.gif
. Isn't that the main reason why the game cost so mucg with like 200 songs.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I know man GTA 4 soundtrack was
sick.gif
. Isn't that the main reason why the game cost so mucg with like 200 songs.

eek.gif

Even more eager for this
laugh.gif

R* ALWAYS kills it with the OST's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif

Even more eager for this
laugh.gif

R* ALWAYS kills it with the OST's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jae oh en

what store is looking to have the best preorder deal for this right now?
Depends on what you are looking for. Gamestop, Walmart, and now Best Buy are offering bonus cases, while amazon & best buy are offering suits that improve some different skills. Amazon is also giving $15 future credit for pre ordering and buying the game. Read page 1 for all the pre order incentive stuff. Which to me is bull crap. R* has confirmed they will eventually later on release and offer all the pre order stuff for sale on PS Store & XBOX Live Marketplace.

Heads up just found this info:
The first 16 customers to buy L.A. Noire on X360 or PS3 at our MIDNIGHT OPENINGS will get a code to unlock the First DLC Pack, “Nicholson Electroplating

Originally Posted by jae oh en

what store is looking to have the best preorder deal for this right now?
Depends on what you are looking for. Gamestop, Walmart, and now Best Buy are offering bonus cases, while amazon & best buy are offering suits that improve some different skills. Amazon is also giving $15 future credit for pre ordering and buying the game. Read page 1 for all the pre order incentive stuff. Which to me is bull crap. R* has confirmed they will eventually later on release and offer all the pre order stuff for sale on PS Store & XBOX Live Marketplace.

Heads up just found this info:
The first 16 customers to buy L.A. Noire on X360 or PS3 at our MIDNIGHT OPENINGS will get a code to unlock the First DLC Pack, “Nicholson Electroplating

my local mom and pop said they will have it either this thursday or friday

it will be copped for ps3

my local mom and pop said they will have it either this thursday or friday

it will be copped for ps3

Back
Top Bottom