OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

I use the Lakers on season in 2K.

But when playing online, I use the Blazers (sorry CP) and the Hornets.

I only use the Lakers online when I want to utterly destroy someone.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Up until that bolded line, I was going to ask why those two teams before the Lakers.

But now I see you were being kind
laugh.gif

Anyone in the bay getting the Anniversary edition? I don't think I'll be able to get it until Wednesday and I'm wondering where they would beselling the anniversary editions.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Up until that bolded line, I was going to ask why those two teams before the Lakers.

But now I see you were being kind
laugh.gif
It absolutely wouldn't be fair. Last time I played someone online on 2K9 using the Lakers dude quit the match after the 1st quarter.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

Anyone in the bay getting the Anniversary edition? I don't think I'll be able to get it until Wednesday and I'm wondering where they would be selling the anniversary editions.
They closed the ebgames that was across the street from my campus. So ill have to go to valleyfair.
Ebgames/gamestop should have some left on Wednesday.

Originally Posted by LALAKERFAN213

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

Anyone in the bay getting the Anniversary edition? I don't think I'll be able to get it until Wednesday and I'm wondering where they would be selling the anniversary editions.
They closed the ebgames that was across the street from my campus. So ill have to go to valleyfair.
Ebgames/gamestop should have some left on Wednesday.
Awesome, hopefully I'll be able to grab a copy. Don't feel like waiting to get one from Amazon.

Can't wait until the first pre-season game, I didn't get to watch the live stream of training camp so I'm anxious to see how our team looks rightnow.

Originally Posted by LALAKERFAN213

I probably still wont win when playing with the Lakers
laugh.gif
frown.gif
I'm with you 100%
laugh.gif
. Everytime I think I'm gettingbetter all the people I end up playing kill me, even when I use Lakeshows
embarassed.gif
roll.gif
I suck, still copping 2k10 tomorrow regardless
smokin.gif

[h1]Lakers' Derek Fisher is in prime shape to keep going[/h1]
49684138.jpg

Less than a month after the Lakers won the NBA championship, after he made two momentous three-point shots in Game 4 of the NBA Finals and after the parade down Figueroa and the celebration at the Coliseum, Derek Fisher was back at work in the gym.

He refused to rest on the team's accomplishment of winning the franchise's 15th title. Fisher wanted to get his body in the right shape to help the Lakers repeat and, equally important, to show that he is fit to play beyond this season.

Fisher, 35, in his 14th season and the final year of a contract that pays him $5 million, said he plans on playing beyond the 2009-10 NBA season.

"I'm definitely not shutting it down after this season," Fisher said after the Lakers' practice Monday.

He plays point guard, a position in which so many younger players are quick and looking to attack him. Fisher knows that teammates Jordan Farmar, 22, and Shannon Brown, 23, are looking to push him for the starting job.

Fisher is not ready to think about retirement.

"I don't see any reason why he can't play past this season," Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said. "I know that we all think that we can get away with age, but age does have a tendency to level us out as we go along. But he's done such a great job of keeping his whole physique and his training together, it's awful hard to see any flaws in him right now."

Fisher said he spoke with Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak so he was aware of where Fisher stands.

"It was something that I . . . shared with Mitch just so he didn't have to guess because of certain planning that needs to be in place for him in terms of this organization," Fisher said. "At this point, I'm just concentrating on the things I need to do to lay out the type of performance individually and having it fit collectively to make sure we win the championship.

"Anything short of that, anybody and everybody starts trying to find reasons why we didn't. The first person they are going to point to is [the point guard]. I've accepted it and I'm relishing the opportunity to continue to prove that age is not some kind of automatic you've got a sticker on your forehead that says you can't play anymore."

Besides the training, Fisher had a hectic summer in which he wrote a book, "Character Driven: Life, Lessons and Basketball," and had his first basketball camp in Los Angeles.

He also has played for the Golden State Warriors and Utah Jazz, but Fisher hopes he can finish his career with the Lakers.

"I hated to see Emmitt Smith have to leave the Cowboys [and finish in Arizona]. So, yeah, I'd love to be here," Fisher said.

"I hope because of the results of our team success, I'm going to allow that to be my best resume builder, which is to hopefully lead our team to another championship, and that'll make things a lot easier I think for all parties involved."

Kobe contract talks

The regular season starts in three weeks. Will Kobe Bryant have a contract extension by then?

A source close to the discussions, who was not authorized to speak publicly, indicated there had been productive meetings recently and that both sides were hopeful a deal would be done before the Lakers open up against the Clippers on Oct. 27.

Bryant, 31, will make $23 million this season and $24.8 million next season, though he can opt out of his contract next July.

On top of the $47.8 million he could earn over the next two seasons, Bryant can sign a three-year extension worth another $86 million to $91 million, depending on NBA salary-cap figures to be determined in 2011.

A Lakers repeat?

According to a survey of NBA general managers, the Lakers are strongly favored to win the championship this season.

In the annual survey conducted by NBA.com, 60.7% thought the Lakers would win the title this season, while Boston and Cleveland each received 17.9% of the vote.

One of only two teams are expected to win the Western Conference, according to general managers who responded to the poll: 75.9% picked the Lakers and 24.1% chose San Antonio.

The race for most valuable player could be one-sided as well: Cleveland forward LeBron James received 69% of the vote, Bryant received 17.2% and Orlando center Dwight Howard had 6.9%.

The league polled all 30 general managers, though not all of them responded to every question.

Scrimmage notes

The Lakers' starters drilled the reserves in a Saturday night scrimmage that was closed to the media.

"They ran the table," Jackson said. "They were very anxious about beating up on the other guys."

The one surprise was that Andrew Bynum played on the second unit. Lamar Odom was with the starters, as was Bryant, Ron Artest, Pau Gasol and Fisher.

Jackson apparently feels more comfortable with a unit that was very effective in last season's playoffs, with the obvious substitution of Artest for Trevor Ariza.

Statistics were not kept, but Bryant played well, to no one's great surprise.

"He was motivated," Gasol said. "He was rested."

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...t06,0,3541388,full.story

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

i actually ended up getting premier seating the sunday game as well, just to try it out. i'm 100% certain it blows the 200's & 300's out of the water(not knocking 300's, i've sat there countless times lol)

I guess it's good to try it out at least once
smile.gif

I CANNOT wait for the season to start
pimp.gif
TBH the PR seats are actually pretty cool. Are they worth the high price tag? I would say no not for what 100/150 more a ticket can get you intothe 100's. The view is better than the 300's or 200's and don't let people tell you the food/almost no lines for anything isn't worth muchbecause it is. The people there are ok in my observations from sitting there the crowd is not as into is as the 300's but it's on par the with the200's EXCEPT during the playoffs when it's all older d-bags with hot young arm candy.

I'll be in the PR section for the opening game against the clippers. Did you get to scoop up tix?

Damn now we know the real reason why Ron Ron signed with the Lakers and wants to be in
laugh.gif

ronartest1.jpg

ronartest2.jpg

ronartest3.jpg

artest1.jpg

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Model name is Natalin Acvi

natalin
pimp.gif
...ron ron you lucky bastard
mad.gif
...come season time you better focus and stay from hollywood

anybody get that anniversary 2k10 pack yet?

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

natalin
pimp.gif
mad.gif

Just picked up my anniversary edition WCF...the whole things is sweet: (I thought the figurine would be bigger and you get a card for the exclusive 2K GoldRoom where you can play other VIP who have the card as well). The locker is cool (it says they only made 30,000) and I got a place to put all my games/DVDsinstead of just having them tossed all over the floor. Definitely a must cop for Laker/Kobe fans
pimp.gif
bout to hop on GT: Gator Boy 24 if any of you want it.

EDIT: Here's pics of the 2K10 anniversary pack for the Laker fam:

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

natalin
pimp.gif
mad.gif

Just picked up my anniversary edition WCF...the whole things is sweet: (I thought the figurine would be bigger and you get a card for the exclusive 2K Gold Room where you can play other VIP who have the card as well). The locker is cool (it says they only made 30,000) and I got a place to put all my games/DVDs instead of just having them tossed all over the floor. Definitely a must cop for Laker/Kobe fans
pimp.gif
bout to hop on GT: Gator Boy 24 if any of you want it.

how much you get it for?...whered you get it?...so whoever has that 2k gold room we can play each other regardless of the system?...or do we both have to havethe same system?

im really stoked in buying this game and im stuck at work FML and i also got class tonight
mad.gif

The anniversary edition was $99.99 plus tax from Gamestop. I don't know about the Gold Room on different systems, I think it's by each system. I gotit for 360 and check my post above, I added pics
smile.gif

Oh and I don't know if this comes standard with every game but there is a $15 off coupon for purchases of $75 or more at Footlocker as well.

good cop mamba...i hope its not sold out here in the bay...thinking about going to a gamestop near my work...who think this is gonna be sold out?
mad.gif

good cop mamba...i hope its not sold out here in the bay...thinking about going to a gamestop near my work...who think this is gonna be sold out?
mad.gif
Gamestop in Fairfield wouldn't give me one because they said they were all reserved. I ended up just copping the regular edition.

Back
Top Bottom