OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by knightngale

I read an article that said the lakers rejected a trade consisting of morrison+fisher for heinrich

if true

I could believe that, because the Bulls want nothing but expiring contracts in return...

BUT, they are not going to trade Derek. 

^^Couldve worked if they were just going to buy Fish out and he could come right back in 30days and resign

On my phone, so no quoting from me. Just gonna respond to a couple things.

Posey is as washed up as Robert Horry was to begin the decade. Give Posey to P-Jax and he doesn't look washed anymore.

I'd love to know who made the Fish+Ammo for Kirk offer. Did the Lakers make the offer, but the Bulls rejected because they want expiring contracts? Or did the Bulls offer, and the Lakers rejected because Fish was part of the deal?

nerd.gif

Mitch?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I'd love to know who made the Fish+Ammo for Kirk offer. Did the Lakers make the offer, but the Bulls rejected because they want expiring contracts? Or did the Bulls offer, and the Lakers rejected because Fish was part of the deal?

Lakers rejected because Fish was part of the deal.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ I don't think there's anything wrong; in fact, I think it's quite the opposite. I think he planned on missing a couple games while wishing he could be out longer than that. The team has won all 4, so he's just like 'Well eff it, I wanted to be out longer anyways, 'cause my body is all kinds of bruised up. So if y'all are gonna keep winning, let me keep sitting out. Thanks, guys!
happy.gif
I need this.'

I am completely fine with Kobe resting as long as he needs right now, and yes, that's because we're 4-0 and playing a very team-oriented style in his temporary absence.

However, I wouldn't want him to miss more than 10 games. We're 4-0 so far; if I were calling the shots, I'd say 2-3 more games. That would guarantee we went above .500 while he was gone (a mental booster for the team), and with the All Star break in the middle of those 10 games, that would give him like 3 weeks off to rest his foot multiple injuries.
Yes, I agreed with you a couple weeks back.  Save it till Boston and beat the breaks off them to serve notice to the league.  I think this could repeat 2001 the 2nd of the 3peat.  Kobe was out for a while the team moved forward winning, he comes back and fits right in.  LA goes 16-1 in the playoffs which included a 48 point explosion to send the 'ings home then followed by shocking the Spurs with 45 to sweep them.

This is what this team needed a couple months back, Kobe to sit.

I dont see why fisher wouldnt be traded unless it HURTS HIS EGO AND FEELINGS.

The bulls don't want a corpse and would just release him in 30 days and the lakers can have their favorite son back.

Twitter: If T-Mac gets buy out with Kings, he privately hopes to sign with Lakers or Cavaliers for the playoffs, source close to him tells Y!

http://

No evidence Lakers would have interest, but Danny Ferry kept an eye on T-Mac this season. That said, unclear if either team would want him.

[h2]Phil: Lakers have(had) no trade plans[/h2]
Well if the Zen Master says so…

610x.jpg

ESPN.com: While two of the top teams in the Eastern Conference worked on major (Cleveland acquiring Antawn Jamison) and somewhat minor (Boston involved in Nate Robinsondiscussions) moves Wednesday, the best team in the West, the Los Angeles Lakers, remain satisfied standing pat.

When Lakers coach Phil Jackson was asked if he’s had any discussions with general manager Mitch Kupchak about new trade offers on the table, he said the conversations have been about other teams in the league and not the Lakers as Thursday’s 12 noon PT NBA trade deadline draws near.

“Not us,

Can I just honestly ask why y'all want a trade to happen so bad?

Are y'all that threatened by the moves the Mavs/Cavs/Celts pulled?

In all honesty, I really think that we're still the best team in basketball when healthy, which I think we will be once April rolls around.

Seriously...we made our gamble in the offseason. I'd honestly be willing to juz roll with what we had. No need to panic like y'all seem to be doing
laugh.gif

The NBA is a long long long season...I think some of y'all get caught up in the now, and forget the long haul. Phil is a proven, veteran coach...like 10 Championships proven. He'll have this team peaking at the right time, just like last year.

All I know is that if Mac WANTS to come to the Lakeshow and we turn him down, I'll be HIGHLY upset, especially if he ends up going to the Cavs. As well as they have been playing, Farmar and co. have shown not to be able to handle the pressure when it gets to winning time. T-Mac in theory would improve our bench exponentially.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

All I know is that if Mac WANTS to come to the Lakeshow and we turn him down, I'll be HIGHLY upset, especially if he ends up going to the Cavs. As well as they have been playing, Farmar and co. have shown not to be able to handle the pressure when it gets to winning time. T-Mac in theory would improve our bench exponentially.
Co-sign.

The way we're playing right now, I don't want them making a trade just for the sake of making a deal.  But, if T-Mac's trying to get on with us or CLE, I think we should do it. Even with the Jamison trade I think LA is the better team, but if T-Mac is healthy and on the Cavs I think they'd be the favorite.

I like our approach, we don't need to panic and make moves just for the sake of making moves. 

Look at Cleveland, best record in the league and they were tied to like 10 different players, they were tryin to get ANYBODY in there. 

They're scared.  Point blank, they are scared. 

We aren't.  If we can get Hinrich for bums, sure ok, but no need to make a deal just for the sake of making a deal.  Our starting 5 is elite, and Odom, Brown, and Farmar off the bench appears to be enough, if we get ANYTHING out of Powell or Sasha or a combo thereof, we'll be fine.  Not to mention, any scrap signings we may see in the next few weeks.  Remember all the players that were out there last year, we could add somebody like that if we truly have a shortage on the bench. 

i dont see us doing a trade...chemistry is really what its all about

BUT please sasha ruins chemistry trade him though!
laugh.gif
...thats the only dude i want gone other than that i think if we pull a trade or so it shows that were desperate to make moves cause the other top teams made trades

if tmac wants to play for us...id say do it mitch!

laugh.gif
x
roll.gif
x
smh.gif
@ thinking T-Mac would start for us

But having our starting 5 and adding T-Mac to a bench of Lamar, Brown, and Farmar?

smokin.gif

I'd rather Heinrich, though. Tougher on D. I mean, he's no Ben Wallace in his prime, but he's worlds better than Mac.

23ska909red02 wrote:
laugh.gif
x
roll.gif
x
smh.gif
@ thinking T-Mac would start for us

But having our starting 5 and adding T-Mac to a bench of Lamar, Brown, and Farmar?

smokin.gif

I'd rather Heinrich, though. Tougher on D. I mean, he's no Ben Wallace in his prime, but he's worlds better than Mac.
whats wrong with that?
hes probably a better starter than Fisher.
and one thing about Tmac, you could always count on him to pass the ball and make plays for others.

but of course i know he wont start if he does go to the lakers. i dont even know why we're even entertaining this rumor.
no way in hell Lakers are even going to attempt to acquire him .

In no way, shape, or form is Mac ready to take Fisher's place. Fisher has won 4 championships in our triangle offense; T-Mac knows ZIPPO about the triangle offense, except that the Bulls won with it and the Lakers have won with it.

No way.

If Fisher was on a bad team and T-Mac was brought in, yeah, Fisher probably loses his spot.

But on a reigning championship team, well versed in the team's offensive and defensive schemes, bringing in someone who's been injured the last 2 years and knows nothing of the team's plays? Not happening.

Do the 'T-Mac the first round virgin' jokes really even count as shots fired anymore?

laugh.gif

And when the Rockets took us to 7 games in the 2nd round last year, that was with T-Mac injured wasn't it?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom