OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by NobleKane

you get rid of bynum because he can never stay healthy. how old is he???? and how many injuries has he had already?????

and lets not even compare him to shaq who STILL at 38 years old is owning bynum's !++*+ *$* self.....

noble im gonna have to co-sign to this
laugh.gif

NobleKane wrote:
you get rid of bynum because he can never stay healthy. how old is he???? and how many injuries has he had already?????

and lets not even compare him to shaq who STILL at 38 years old is owning bynum's !++*+ *$* self.....
Big Z had a BILLION injuries to start his career.  At some point he got it all figured out and has been playin well the last couple years. 

And that's the DOWN end of the spectrum.  That's with zero athleticism left in Z's tank. 

No reason Bynum couldn't do something similar.  Just less range is all. 

Again, here we all go with the snap judgement guys comin in to trade the roster except for Kobe and Pau. 
smh.gif

Figured it out and played well the last few years?! Big Z's rookie year... first time ever hitting NBA hardwood... saw him go 14 and 9 in 81 regular season games started, then 17 and 8 in the playoffs.
laugh.gif
I think he had it figured it out from the jump.

The Cavs missed the playoffs up until '05-'06, where he put up 16 and 8 in 68 games (all as a starter) and then 10 and 6 in 13 playoff games. Like I said, saying he just figure it out the last cople years is absolutely selling him short.

Nobody is bickering just discussing bball. We all don't have to agree just have to respect other people have opinions. We don't have to like them just respect.

All I know is I would like to go 5-0 on this road trip. I want to see some bench players step up, Josh Powell would be nice. this is from his Facebook:

Josh Powell been away for a minute, but now I am back...We gotta get this win tonight...show that we can do it on the road..hope my brother Drew gets better soon, but until then WE all have to step up..we will step up...

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Figured it out and played well the last few years?! Big Z's rookie year... first time ever hitting NBA hardwood... saw him go 14 and 9 in 81 regular season games started, then 17 and 8 in the playoffs.
laugh.gif
I think he had it figured it out from the jump.

The Cavs missed the playoffs up until '05-'06, where he put up 16 and 8 in 68 games (all as a starter) and then 10 and 6 in 13 playoff games. Like I said, saying he just figure it out the last cople years is absolutely selling him short.
I meant figure it out in terms of how to stay on the court with all those foot problems he had early in his career.  He's 14 and 8 for his career.  And you don't think Drew could manage that as well?  If Bynum went a similar route, I'd be ok with that.  I HOPE he can go further then 14 and 8, and I want him too, but if thas all he has, that's still better then a lot of other clubs out there.

For as much flack as we give Bynum, he's averging a solid 15 and 8 (as a third option at best).

I'm not high on him like I was two years ago, but he's going to be a productive player for the next decade (or so). He blocks/alters shots, is a decent rebounder, finishes around the basket and can post up. No, I don't like that he's overpaid, shows poor body language and has nights where he doesn't show up effort wise, but that's his weaknesses that will have to be improved over time. And I can't even blame him for the knee injuries he suffered in 2008 and 2009. Anytime you have guys that are 230 lbs. (Odom) and 205 lbs. (Kobe) landing on your knee at full force, it's going to put you on the shelf. I didn't see his latest injury, so I can't even comment on that.

smh.gif
 @ me entering this "debate".
laugh.gif

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

It's been like 3 days between games, we needed something to keep us busy til we get to mid April. 

I don't think I'll be able to check in this thread if Bynum's injury turns out to be more serious then what they are saying. 
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

I NaSmatic I:
I didn't see his latest injury, so I can't even comment on that.
Put it this way, I heard the immediate responses from the two closest Lakers (Sasha and Phil) were 'Bless you' and 'Gezund heit.'
laugh.gif

All in all, we NEED bynum....he adds depth to the frontcourt..

God forbid Pau, gets hurt & we dont have him.

Unless youre getting another young big, you gotta keep him.

Ska, you gotta be smiling this morning my dude. 

I know you heard the game last night, and heard Phil yellin at Kobe that he needs to be doin more work on offense and Kobe went out and did what?  Take, and make, TWO shots. 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

2 years ago Kobe woulda shot the next 15 shots cuz his coach told him too.  And I use 15 as the low end number. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is what I look for during games in the meaningless regular season.  I don't care about this or that outcome, I just wanna see how guys respond.  Kobe did work.  Pau played solid D and soft offense, Odom did a little of everything, and Ron played real solid.  Farmar and Brown both played well off the bench, and Powell needs to get his shot going.  He used to be money with that drop pass Kobe does between two guys but not last night.  He needs reps. 

CP1708:
Ska, you gotta be smiling this morning my dude. 

I know you heard the game last night, and heard Phil yellin at Kobe that he needs to be doin more work on offense and Kobe went out and did what?  Take, and make, TWO shots. 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

2 years ago Kobe woulda shot the next 15 shots cuz his coach told him too.  And I use 15 as the low end number. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is what I look for during games in the meaningless regular season.  I don't care about this or that outcome, I just wanna see how guys respond.  Kobe did work.  Pau played solid D and soft offense, Odom did a little of everything, and Ron played real solid.  Farmar and Brown both played well off the bench, and Powell needs to get his shot going.  He used to be money with that drop pass Kobe does between two guys but not last night.  He needs reps.
Heck yeah. I was going to check into this thread this morning JUST to say 'Funny how a win shuts everyone up, including  myself.'
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I saw where Phil told him to 'activate' the ball by being more aggressive, making passes off aggressive drives instead of lazy perimeter passes, getting some scoring done like he's known for. After that, not only did he take and make the next 2 shots, but mixed in with them, he drove the lane and dished out 3 times, smothered in Spurs every time, leaving a wide open shooter (once to Fish, once to Artest, and once to Odom, who passed over to Shannon).

laugh.gif
@ Ron blowing kisses to the Laker fans on the baseline

super
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
@ Pau's blocks on Timmy

I loved to see Pau play that smart defense. Tim looked like he knew he couldn't do anything so why try.

Artest was just so nice on D, it was odd to look at the stats and he only had 5 steals, shows the stats don't always tell the story. He impacted that game so much on defense.

Kobe was in PG mode at the start then got into it when Phil asked him to. I like that he is balanced though, he knows he must get other involved for them to win.

Lamar played great, I don't recall him ever being so confident in his abilities. He used to be timid when shooting or driving, now he is decisive and just goes for it.

Guard play on both ends is still an issue, unless Shanon shows us shades of last years playoffs this year, that's gonna be where we are vulnerable.

I like Powell, but it seems like he came in and wasn't into the game, I know he only gets a couple of minutes of PT but you got to take advantage of those minutes!

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

I loved to see Pau play that smart defense. Tim looked like he knew he couldn't do anything so why try.

Artest was just so nice on D, it was odd to look at the stats and he only had 5 steals, shows the stats don't always tell the story. He impacted that game so much on defense.

Kobe was in PG mode at the start then got into it when Phil asked him to. I like that he is balanced though, he knows he must get other involved for them to win.

Lamar played great, I don't recall him ever being so confident in his abilities. He used to be timid when shooting or driving, now he is decisive and just goes for it.

Guard play on both ends is still an issue, unless Shanon shows us shades of last years playoffs this year, that's gonna be where we are vulnerable.

I like Powell, but it seems like he came in and wasn't into the game, I know he only gets a couple of minutes of PT but you got to take advantage of those minutes!

co-f'n sign

i love when kobe plays that facilitator mode...i mean with this team he can do that...not only does it open the game up for guys like pau, odom, ron, fish and etc but it definitely opens it up for kobe...i dont like it that he even drops 40 with this kind of team

i loved that defensive effort thats what ive been expecting out of these guys...i wish they could do that for the whole 48 minutes instead of the final 12
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

co-f'n sign

i love when kobe plays that facilitator mode...i mean with this team he can do that...not only does it open the game up for guys like pau, odom, ron, fish and etc but it definitely opens it up for kobe...i dont like it that he even drops 40 with this kind of team

i loved that defensive effort thats what ive been expecting out of these guys...i wish they could do that for the whole 48 minutes instead of the final 12
eyes.gif

Truth, the only problem is too often this team goes soft or just keeps piling on mistakes including not playing defense, so Kobe has to go off.

If they continue to just be over aggressive on both ends with no fear, Kobe can stay in this mode.

As Mark Jackson said, "They should play defense like this for the rest of the year."  They are unbeatable playing D like that.

The constant pressure they put on all night was
sick.gif

So i was talking to my friend and he was telling me how Artest blowing kisses and some of the Laker players doing there handshake is equal to the cavs dancing around.
He's a hater so i laughed it off but the sad part is his hate for the Lakers runs so deep he actually thinks the handshake is equally disrespectful as the Cavs dancing
tired.gif

Naw, I wasn't good with that handshake crap either.  Look like a buncha kids out there. 

We want championships, not wins against old folks.  The hell were they celebratin for? 
grin.gif

Save that crap for teams that never won nothin, we need to act like we done it before. 

Have fun, sure, enjoy winning, sure, do all that when you're opening champagne bottles and holding gold trophies, not a second before. 

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

So i was talking to my friend and he was telling me how Artest blowing kisses and some of the Laker players doing there handshake is equal to the cavs dancing around.
He's a hater so i laughed it off but the sad part is his hate for the Lakers runs so deep he actually thinks the handshake is equally disrespectful as the Cavs dancing
tired.gif

I enjoyed seein the lakers out there showin a lil enthusiasm and celebratin towards the end of the game. They didn't go overboard with it and they don't do it often, so what's the problem? Let the boys have some fun every once in a while

Originally Posted by CP1708

We want championships, not wins against old folks.  The hell were they celebratin for? 
grin.gif

because it was the lakers "superbowl"....
grin.gif

JK
nerd.gif

Celts and Cavs are our 4 super bowls each year. 

Teams that play against us, it's like 82 super bowls. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I didn't mind them celebrating a little bit, I think they actually had something to be excited for. That defensive show out was a nice victory for them. To be able to lock down and play that way is deserving of a little extra curricular.

I think it's a far cry from posing for the fake photo and dancing all over the court like a bunch of idiots.

Back
Top Bottom