devil.gif
glasses.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif

laugh.gif

I understand the whole this isn't he playoffs and all, but a 4 game losing streak is nothing to sneeze at. Especially how its the first time in 3 years they've had one. But as it is with basketball, there is another game coming up soon and we'll see if this will goto a 5 or not.

I understand the whole this isn't he playoffs and all, but a 4 game losing streak is nothing to sneeze at. Especially how its the first time in 3 years they've had one. But as it is with basketball, there is another game coming up soon and we'll see if this will goto a 5 or not.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by kobe8is

crobers who is number 8 on the Lakers?
nerd.gif

Stay away from drugs son!

this guy is starting to sound like zodogg... or could it be doo be doo's long lost cousin? lol

it was only funny when zodogg did it but this guy is just corny. anyways idk why some of us even bother responding to this troll. 

we're just in a funk right now but i bet all hell breaks loose if we lose to the kings tomorrow...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by kobe8is

crobers who is number 8 on the Lakers?
nerd.gif

Stay away from drugs son!

this guy is starting to sound like zodogg... or could it be doo be doo's long lost cousin? lol

it was only funny when zodogg did it but this guy is just corny. anyways idk why some of us even bother responding to this troll. 

we're just in a funk right now but i bet all hell breaks loose if we lose to the kings tomorrow...

we look terrible
laugh.gif
I'm not too worried though, all of our losses have been in close games. we have to get this figured out though

we look terrible
laugh.gif
I'm not too worried though, all of our losses have been in close games. we have to get this figured out though

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

i'm sure kobe doesn't really care... at least he got his # by taking 24 fg's lol

But Kobe isn't having "fun" which is important. Maybe he should bump Phil to show his dissatisfaction.

i'm sure kobe doesn't really care... at least he got his # by taking 24 fg's lol

But Kobe isn't having "fun" which is important. Maybe he should bump Phil to show his dissatisfaction.

This is not good!
Utah (15-5)
Indiana (9-8 )
Memphis (8-11)
Houston (6-12) and playing without Yao & Brooks!
30t6p3b.gif

We better to take care of business tomorrow!!!

This is not good!
Utah (15-5)
Indiana (9-8 )
Memphis (8-11)
Houston (6-12) and playing without Yao & Brooks!
30t6p3b.gif

We better to take care of business tomorrow!!!

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Go Kings Go! 
Lets make this 5 in a row 
devil.gif
glasses.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif

the way we playing right now the kings probably will win
laugh.gif

Then again this year tyreke has been a letdown... i was expecting him to be high up in the scoring category..

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Go Kings Go! 
Lets make this 5 in a row 
devil.gif
glasses.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif

the way we playing right now the kings probably will win
laugh.gif

Then again this year tyreke has been a letdown... i was expecting him to be high up in the scoring category..

That's it? You're running out of material. For some reason I was expecting something else as far as a response from you.

For the rest of the Laker fans, from LA Times Lakers Blog:

Pau Gasol's performances in the Lakers past four losses, including the team's 109-99 loss Wednesday to the Houston Rockets, show he's drained. His trip to the locker room to get his hamstring looked at reveals the heavy playing time is leaving himself vulnerable. And his admission afterward that he's tired shows that he might not have it in him anymore to keep pushing through.

"What's my concern? My concern is that it doesn't get better, or that it gets worse and it becomes a problem," Gasol told reporters, including The Times' Broderick Turner. "Then we'll really have a problem."

That's the first red flag Gasol has shown since logging a team-leading 39.4 minutes per game this season, partly because Andrew Bynum is rehabbing his surgically repaired right knee. In other cases, Gasol has spoken diplomatically about his role and offered zero complaints about his increased responsibility.

I don't take Gasol's latest comments as him lamenting his role as much as him worrying about his long-term health. This isn't a matter of Gasol just having to fight through it. Since logging a statistically perfect stat line of 28 points on 10 of 10 shooting and eight of eight from the free-throw line, Gasol has shot 24 of 60 (40%) in the past five games, shot above 50% in only one of those contests, and has scored below 20 points in four of the five.

These performances can't solely correlate with the opposition's double teams and the heavier focus on Gasol in the lane. This strongly points to the law of diminishing returns; Gasol's willingness to push through hasn't yielded the same production he had provided earlier this season. Lakers Coach Phil Jackson has voiced these concerns quite vocally since last week, but the game plan has still remained the same. Among the variables in all this are the Lakers' unwillingness to acquire a backup center, the team's desire for Bynum to return completely healthy, and Derrick Caracter's inexperience. I had gone through in detail the scenarios that would enable more rest for Gasol, but that was more rooted in the fact that the Lakers would also want to win the game.

But it's gotten to the point where Jackson and the Lakers can't simply hope Gasol ran ride it out until Bynum returns. The Lakers may not want to pay at least $70,000 in player salary and luxury taxes to acquire a backup center until Bynum returns, but that might be the price they need to pay to ensure Gasol's long-term health. Jackson may be reluctant to play Caracter more minutes or go toward a more perimeter-oriented lineup because it gives the Lakers less of a chance to end their four-game winning streak. But the latest approach hasn't been working. And with Jackson always measuring  how the Lakers look in April and May more than in November and December, resting Gasol might be necessary to ensure that long-term success.

That's it? You're running out of material. For some reason I was expecting something else as far as a response from you.

For the rest of the Laker fans, from LA Times Lakers Blog:

Pau Gasol's performances in the Lakers past four losses, including the team's 109-99 loss Wednesday to the Houston Rockets, show he's drained. His trip to the locker room to get his hamstring looked at reveals the heavy playing time is leaving himself vulnerable. And his admission afterward that he's tired shows that he might not have it in him anymore to keep pushing through.

"What's my concern? My concern is that it doesn't get better, or that it gets worse and it becomes a problem," Gasol told reporters, including The Times' Broderick Turner. "Then we'll really have a problem."

That's the first red flag Gasol has shown since logging a team-leading 39.4 minutes per game this season, partly because Andrew Bynum is rehabbing his surgically repaired right knee. In other cases, Gasol has spoken diplomatically about his role and offered zero complaints about his increased responsibility.

I don't take Gasol's latest comments as him lamenting his role as much as him worrying about his long-term health. This isn't a matter of Gasol just having to fight through it. Since logging a statistically perfect stat line of 28 points on 10 of 10 shooting and eight of eight from the free-throw line, Gasol has shot 24 of 60 (40%) in the past five games, shot above 50% in only one of those contests, and has scored below 20 points in four of the five.

These performances can't solely correlate with the opposition's double teams and the heavier focus on Gasol in the lane. This strongly points to the law of diminishing returns; Gasol's willingness to push through hasn't yielded the same production he had provided earlier this season. Lakers Coach Phil Jackson has voiced these concerns quite vocally since last week, but the game plan has still remained the same. Among the variables in all this are the Lakers' unwillingness to acquire a backup center, the team's desire for Bynum to return completely healthy, and Derrick Caracter's inexperience. I had gone through in detail the scenarios that would enable more rest for Gasol, but that was more rooted in the fact that the Lakers would also want to win the game.

But it's gotten to the point where Jackson and the Lakers can't simply hope Gasol ran ride it out until Bynum returns. The Lakers may not want to pay at least $70,000 in player salary and luxury taxes to acquire a backup center until Bynum returns, but that might be the price they need to pay to ensure Gasol's long-term health. Jackson may be reluctant to play Caracter more minutes or go toward a more perimeter-oriented lineup because it gives the Lakers less of a chance to end their four-game winning streak. But the latest approach hasn't been working. And with Jackson always measuring  how the Lakers look in April and May more than in November and December, resting Gasol might be necessary to ensure that long-term success.

Have you guys not been around for the last 3 years?   
laugh.gif

The Lakers always go through this at some point during the first month or so into the season... They pick it up at the right time. 

You guys are forgetting how a lot of these teams are almost always taken lightly by the Lakers, mainly because, well it's still early. 

These loose screws and bolts are worked out by Mid to late December, into January.  You'll see, that's if you guys remember. 
wink.gif

laugh.gif

The Lakers always go through this at some point during the first month or so into the season... They pick it up at the right time. 

You guys are forgetting how a lot of these teams are almost always taken lightly by the Lakers, mainly because, well it's still early. 

These loose screws and bolts are worked out by Mid to late December, into January.  You'll see, that's if you guys remember. 
wink.gif

I learned my lesson worrying this early last year.  I just hope they're healthy so they can get to where they should be eventually.

I learned my lesson worrying this early last year.  I just hope they're healthy so they can get to where they should be eventually.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

wink.gif
and that's the damn truth right there.  oh well they lost no biggie.

Back
Top Bottom