[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Have you guys not been around for the last 3 years?   
laugh.gif

The Lakers always go through this at some point during the first month or so into the season... They pick it up at the right time. 

You guys are forgetting how a lot of these teams are almost always taken lightly by the Lakers, mainly because, well it's still early. 

These loose screws and bolts are worked out by Mid to late December, into January.  You'll see, that's if you guys remember. 
wink.gif
and that's the damn truth right there.  oh well they lost no biggie.

Last 3 years? This went on during the Kobe/Shaq era as well.

The difference is Pau's health is at risk and we don't have a backup for him and that has been our main problem during our wins and these 4 losses in a row.

It's not magically going to get better. Yea we aren't going to lose 4 in a row again, atleast I hope not, but even if we win the problem will still be there. When Bynum gets back who knows how healthy he's going to be and what type of shape he'll be in.

Every team we are going to go up against is going to look at tape of all of our losses and their game plan is going to consist of their PG driving in every time.

Pau is not a good defender, yet he's out there trying to defend and wasting his energy while accomplishing nothing because he's got no help down low.

Hamstring problem is coming back, and it's something he's had before and he had to miss games last season for it.

The difference is Pau's health is at risk and we don't have a backup for him and that has been our main problem during our wins and these 4 losses in a row.

It's not magically going to get better. Yea we aren't going to lose 4 in a row again, atleast I hope not, but even if we win the problem will still be there. When Bynum gets back who knows how healthy he's going to be and what type of shape he'll be in.

Every team we are going to go up against is going to look at tape of all of our losses and their game plan is going to consist of their PG driving in every time.

Pau is not a good defender, yet he's out there trying to defend and wasting his energy while accomplishing nothing because he's got no help down low.

Hamstring problem is coming back, and it's something he's had before and he had to miss games last season for it.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Well, I didn't want to go back that far only because that was a different core, but yes.   

Well, I didn't want to go back that far only because that was a different core, but yes.   

Soundin like Bynum is getting closer, and on top of that, so is Ratliff. 

Having either one of them, or both of them will reduce Pau's minutes greatly, as well as slow down Lamar's. 

But go on, keep on with the panic attacks.  Shot selections, defensive rotations, small fast pg's, no timeouts, etc etc etc, all those things we need to be worrying about around Thanksgiving. 
laugh.gif

Soundin like Bynum is getting closer, and on top of that, so is Ratliff. 

Having either one of them, or both of them will reduce Pau's minutes greatly, as well as slow down Lamar's. 

But go on, keep on with the panic attacks.  Shot selections, defensive rotations, small fast pg's, no timeouts, etc etc etc, all those things we need to be worrying about around Thanksgiving. 
laugh.gif

Seriously besides the injuries, when are the odds gonna catch up to LA ?

Theyve been to the finals 3 years in a row, the realist in me keeps wondering if they can get there 4 times straight.

Of course im pulling for them, but im not sure if people realize how fortunate this team has been the last few years.

Seriously besides the injuries, when are the odds gonna catch up to LA ?

Theyve been to the finals 3 years in a row, the realist in me keeps wondering if they can get there 4 times straight.

Of course im pulling for them, but im not sure if people realize how fortunate this team has been the last few years.

It's damn near impossible to get to 4 straight finals.  Hasn't happened since the mid 80's Celtics.  84-87. 

I spoke on this alot last year.  I said that we would eventually get beat in this years playoffs.  BUT, that was before we completely re-vamped our bench. 

If Blake, Brown, Odom, Ratliff, and Barnes are our bench late in the year, and the starters are "pretty healthy", we at least have a chance at a 4th straight finals. 

It's damn near impossible to get to 4 straight finals.  Hasn't happened since the mid 80's Celtics.  84-87. 

I spoke on this alot last year.  I said that we would eventually get beat in this years playoffs.  BUT, that was before we completely re-vamped our bench. 

If Blake, Brown, Odom, Ratliff, and Barnes are our bench late in the year, and the starters are "pretty healthy", we at least have a chance at a 4th straight finals. 

^ That's the scary part, we've been to the finals 3 years in a row. 4, the odds are stacked against us more than ever regardless of how good our team is. I hope we can do it, we would be a dynasty right now if it wasn't for 08.

But anyways, if history repeats itself and the panic is too early, we might as well not watch the Christmast game because knowing the Lakers they're going to lose.

They always mange to lose games most people find meaningful in the regular season. Althought it really doesn't matter in the long run, but the Laker fan in me thinks they'll somehow manage to blow it and the Miami hype will return.

^ That's the scary part, we've been to the finals 3 years in a row. 4, the odds are stacked against us more than ever regardless of how good our team is. I hope we can do it, we would be a dynasty right now if it wasn't for 08.

But anyways, if history repeats itself and the panic is too early, we might as well not watch the Christmast game because knowing the Lakers they're going to lose.

They always mange to lose games most people find meaningful in the regular season. Althought it really doesn't matter in the long run, but the Laker fan in me thinks they'll somehow manage to blow it and the Miami hype will return.

We won all the "big" games in 09, and won the title.

We lost all the "big" games in 10, and won the title. 

Point being, if we make the playoffs, we have a chance to win the title.  The "big" regular season games, aren't so big. 
wink.gif

Hear that everybody?  (hear's a collective NO from the worriers.) 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We won all the "big" games in 09, and won the title.

We lost all the "big" games in 10, and won the title. 

Point being, if we make the playoffs, we have a chance to win the title.  The "big" regular season games, aren't so big. 
wink.gif

Hear that everybody?  (hear's a collective NO from the worriers.) 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Let me ask you guys,

What's the odds of getting heads on a coin flip?

50% right?

Let's say you get 10 heads in a row... What's the odds of getting one more heads on your next coin flip?

You guessed it, still 50%.

Forget what's already happened... our odds don't change. If anything our odds of making the finals this year are greater than last year with our revamped bench, but forget that.

Just stay focused and stay humble and hungry. Nothing should change.

Let me ask you guys,

What's the odds of getting heads on a coin flip?

50% right?

Let's say you get 10 heads in a row... What's the odds of getting one more heads on your next coin flip?

You guessed it, still 50%.

Forget what's already happened... our odds don't change. If anything our odds of making the finals this year are greater than last year with our revamped bench, but forget that.

Just stay focused and stay humble and hungry. Nothing should change.

I agree, I'm not in panic mode or anything, I just ment this team and it's regular season means nothing and that's why I wouldn't be surprised if we lost on christmas day and whatever other "Big" game we'll play. Of course the haters wont understand that..... But it is what it is.

If we can make it ot the playoffs healthy, oh my lord.... We won last year with Kobe on one leg and 9 fingers and Bynum on one leg as well. That's one thing to look forward to this season if we're healthy when it matters.

I agree, I'm not in panic mode or anything, I just ment this team and it's regular season means nothing and that's why I wouldn't be surprised if we lost on christmas day and whatever other "Big" game we'll play. Of course the haters wont understand that..... But it is what it is.

If we can make it ot the playoffs healthy, oh my lord.... We won last year with Kobe on one leg and 9 fingers and Bynum on one leg as well. That's one thing to look forward to this season if we're healthy when it matters.

Bingo

Bingo

Back
Top Bottom