[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

^ your absolutely right these last three years the lakers have been playing damn near 100 game season thats really tough on are guys but if they get one more championship it really will be monumental so i hope we get it so i can go to that laker parade

LA suck right now. Plain and simple.

Let the haters have their fun like they usually do in the regular season.. 

I see A LOT of new SN when we lose but once post-season rolls.. I only see maybe 1 or 2 Lebron's loyal D-riders bashing LAL 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

LA suck right now. Plain and simple.

Let the haters have their fun like they usually do in the regular season.. 

I see A LOT of new SN when we lose but once post-season rolls.. I only see maybe 1 or 2 Lebron's loyal D-riders bashing LAL 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

*Yawn*

It's tough to be hungry when you already ate. 
Just saying... 

Not worrying the hell out right now because it's only December, but I would be worried if they keep playing like this heading to the All-Star break. 
QFT

Hopefully we can bounce back tonight.
At least Bynum played decent last night 10 and 7 in 22mins
look how we played going into the playoffs last season....Im not even worried.

*Yawn*

Just saying... 

Not worrying the hell out right now because it's only December, but I would be worried if they keep playing like this heading to the All-Star break. 
QFT

It seemed like time and time again there would be a Spur with a wide open 3 pt attempt.

Our rotations are lazy. Defense has been seriously lacking.

Question: How big of a difference does home court advantage make for us? Do we have to have the best record?

It seemed like time and time again there would be a Spur with a wide open 3 pt attempt.

Question: How big of a difference does home court advantage make for us? Do we have to have the best record?

Originally Posted by s dubl

*Yawn*

Just saying... 

QFT

all of this.

btw, s dubl congrats on being a staff
pimp.gif

unless of course youve been one all this time

Originally Posted by s dubl

*Yawn*

Just saying... 

QFT

all of this.

btw, s dubl congrats on being a staff
pimp.gif

unless of course youve been one all this time

Originally Posted by AG 47

Depends.  Last two years we got by in the Finals because the top East seed was knocked out and we ended up with HC.  Would we have won in Boston for game 7 last year?  I dunno. 

If we have to play the WCF on the road, I don't mind, not at all.  We did it in Sac in 02, we can do it again.  If we have to go on the road 3-4 series in the same year, that can be a HUGE problem. 

Any way you slice it, we have our work cut out for us now.  While it's not time to panic, we have no doubt hurt ourselves with our overall seeding and what not.  If this was our first year of this roster, with maybe 90 games played last year, fine, but this being our 4th (hopefully) deep run, you will see the mileage pile up the further along they get.  It's not impossible they simply run out of gas.  (Second round 03)  It is possible.  But don't think that Phil don't know that.  Notice that Kobe is down to 33 minutes a game, even with us losing.  He is trying to keep guys as fresh as he can.  He's also not burning Bynum too early either.  He was solid last night, lookin better and better, but he did not push him to 30 minutes or anything like that, he did up him an extra 4 minutes (22 for the game, 18 had been his high) but not too much.  Phil knows what he's doing. 

If we make it to the Finals this year, we are not having Homecourt.  But as for the West, we have to at least find a way to claw our way back into the 2 slot to have 2 HC series and deal with the WCF later.  If we get the 3 seed, then we have only one series at home in the first round, the rest is on the road.  That's 3 series without HC to win a 3rd straight title during a 4th straight 100+ games season.  If any of you remember how exhausted they all looked after game 7 six months ago, picture adding another 100 games to all those guys. 
ohwell.gif

4 straight finals apperances concerns me more so then ANY other factor.  Someone shoots too much (Kobe) or not enough (Pau), health (Kobe, Pau, Bynum) or mental health (Ron) PG play (Fisher), none of those issues worry me at all.  At the start of this years playoffs we will be at 395 games since the start of the 07-08 season.  Most other teams that have done well, ORLD, Bos, etc are around 360-370, while teams like SAS, or Miami or Dallas are around 345-350. 

395 and at least 12-18 games just to get to the finals, then to play 7 more without HC is a tall tall task.  Playing that many games WITH HC is a tall tall task.  The point is, get to the finals, deal with that fatigue when we get there.  I'll roll the dice and take my chances if we can just make it there. 

I talk too damn much in this thread. 
laugh.gif

I coulda just answered the question with "not a problem" and kept it moving.  @#$%. 
laugh.gif

Win or lose tonight guys, our problems will not be fixed.  All will not be well if we win, all is not lost if we lose.  Stay the course......

Originally Posted by AG 47

Depends.  Last two years we got by in the Finals because the top East seed was knocked out and we ended up with HC.  Would we have won in Boston for game 7 last year?  I dunno. 

If we have to play the WCF on the road, I don't mind, not at all.  We did it in Sac in 02, we can do it again.  If we have to go on the road 3-4 series in the same year, that can be a HUGE problem. 

Any way you slice it, we have our work cut out for us now.  While it's not time to panic, we have no doubt hurt ourselves with our overall seeding and what not.  If this was our first year of this roster, with maybe 90 games played last year, fine, but this being our 4th (hopefully) deep run, you will see the mileage pile up the further along they get.  It's not impossible they simply run out of gas.  (Second round 03)  It is possible.  But don't think that Phil don't know that.  Notice that Kobe is down to 33 minutes a game, even with us losing.  He is trying to keep guys as fresh as he can.  He's also not burning Bynum too early either.  He was solid last night, lookin better and better, but he did not push him to 30 minutes or anything like that, he did up him an extra 4 minutes (22 for the game, 18 had been his high) but not too much.  Phil knows what he's doing. 

If we make it to the Finals this year, we are not having Homecourt.  But as for the West, we have to at least find a way to claw our way back into the 2 slot to have 2 HC series and deal with the WCF later.  If we get the 3 seed, then we have only one series at home in the first round, the rest is on the road.  That's 3 series without HC to win a 3rd straight title during a 4th straight 100+ games season.  If any of you remember how exhausted they all looked after game 7 six months ago, picture adding another 100 games to all those guys. 
ohwell.gif

4 straight finals apperances concerns me more so then ANY other factor.  Someone shoots too much (Kobe) or not enough (Pau), health (Kobe, Pau, Bynum) or mental health (Ron) PG play (Fisher), none of those issues worry me at all.  At the start of this years playoffs we will be at 395 games since the start of the 07-08 season.  Most other teams that have done well, ORLD, Bos, etc are around 360-370, while teams like SAS, or Miami or Dallas are around 345-350. 

395 and at least 12-18 games just to get to the finals, then to play 7 more without HC is a tall tall task.  Playing that many games WITH HC is a tall tall task.  The point is, get to the finals, deal with that fatigue when we get there.  I'll roll the dice and take my chances if we can just make it there. 

I talk too damn much in this thread. 
laugh.gif

I coulda just answered the question with "not a problem" and kept it moving.  @#$%. 
laugh.gif

Win or lose tonight guys, our problems will not be fixed.  All will not be well if we win, all is not lost if we lose.  Stay the course......

CP1708:
If we have to play the WCF on the road, I don't mind, not at all.  We did it in Sac in 02, we can do it again.
I mean, that team in 02, though... *shrugs*

CP1708:
If we have to play the WCF on the road, I don't mind, not at all.  We did it in Sac in 02, we can do it again.
I mean, that team in 02, though... *shrugs*

well put again CP.

anyways, im going to the game when the Lakers come to town on the 12th. debating on getting a new jersey for the game. so im in a dilemma between getting an eddie jones, derek fisher, nick the quick, rodman or a worthy?

well put again CP.

anyways, im going to the game when the Lakers come to town on the 12th. debating on getting a new jersey for the game. so im in a dilemma between getting an eddie jones, derek fisher, nick the quick, rodman or a worthy?

Back
Top Bottom