[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

What are youre thoughts on the Kobe-Hill altercation? I missed that part live, so I had to watch it on youtube. I know he came out firing, but I wonder if that incident messed up his groove. 8-27 is nasty.

Watching it again and again, Hill shouldnt have gave him that little shove and Kobe shouldnt have reacted the way he did.

All in all, damn... such a promising start to the season too.

What are youre thoughts on the Kobe-Hill altercation? I missed that part live, so I had to watch it on youtube. I know he came out firing, but I wonder if that incident messed up his groove. 8-27 is nasty.

Watching it again and again, Hill shouldnt have gave him that little shove and Kobe shouldnt have reacted the way he did.

All in all, damn... such a promising start to the season too.

mrdieselfuel09 wrote:
roboski wrote:
Oh yeah, feels good to watch u guys lose.

Felt great to see Rangers lose on the biggest stage of their franchise history
pimp.gif

So how do you know which team to root for when the Rangers faced the Yankees during the ALCS?
grin.gif

WOW!!! New York Rangers not Texas Rangers
roll.gif
.. "Dust yourself off and try again"
grin.gif

Don't get mad though all I'm saying is every team goes through these fazes. I just remember when the Heat were 9-8 just about every Knick fan and Laker fan were in the Heat threads talking trash especially u Laker fans. Just trying to return the favor....

Texas Rangers
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

mrdieselfuel09 wrote:
roboski wrote:
Oh yeah, feels good to watch u guys lose.

Felt great to see Rangers lose on the biggest stage of their franchise history
pimp.gif

So how do you know which team to root for when the Rangers faced the Yankees during the ALCS?
grin.gif

WOW!!! New York Rangers not Texas Rangers
roll.gif
.. "Dust yourself off and try again"
grin.gif

Don't get mad though all I'm saying is every team goes through these fazes. I just remember when the Heat were 9-8 just about every Knick fan and Laker fan were in the Heat threads talking trash especially u Laker fans. Just trying to return the favor....

Texas Rangers
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

bdis1986 wrote:
haven't seen Doo Be Doo yet?
eek.gif

Hello.
laugh.gif

Great game last night. can't wait to do this again.

It was a cold and rainy day in SA yesterday. It was the perfect time to post this but hey better late then never.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Been saving this for a rainy day.........

Do Be Doo wrote: DURING THE PRESEASON

damn is KOBE really "2-22 in preseason overall."???

Game 7 was the down fall of KOBE.

PRESEASON.....

P R E. 

30t6p3b.gif

8-27
frown.gif

mrdieselfuel09 wrote:
He always finds a way to say something negative about the Lakers and Kobe. Hes mad that the Spurs are getting older and older each season.
grin.gif
Yup. That must be the reason.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

bdis1986 wrote:
haven't seen Doo Be Doo yet?
eek.gif

Hello.
laugh.gif

Great game last night. can't wait to do this again.

It was a cold and rainy day in SA yesterday. It was the perfect time to post this but hey better late then never.
wink.gif

Been saving this for a rainy day.........

Do Be Doo wrote: DURING THE PRESEASON

damn is KOBE really "2-22 in preseason overall."???

Game 7 was the down fall of KOBE.

PRESEASON.....

P R E. 

30t6p3b.gif

8-27
frown.gif

mrdieselfuel09 wrote:
He always finds a way to say something negative about the Lakers and Kobe. Hes mad that the Spurs are getting older and older each season.
grin.gif
Yup. That must be the reason.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Going to the game tonight...Hornets are gonna give them a W prolly, they are pretty good at home but they have been playing like trash as well

I paid money to see Kobe go off...but now im hopin he has a balanced game and not act like a baby passing on shots til the 4th quarter

def wanna see a better effort than the last 3 games smh

Going to the game tonight...Hornets are gonna give them a W prolly, they are pretty good at home but they have been playing like trash as well

I paid money to see Kobe go off...but now im hopin he has a balanced game and not act like a baby passing on shots til the 4th quarter

def wanna see a better effort than the last 3 games smh

laugh.gif
 I said before the season even started people would fall apart any time we lose games we shouldn't.  We haven't made it to January and we have bickering, in fighting, haters cheering, bench this guy, trade that guy, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. 

The only time anybody been happy was 09 after we got mopped up in the finals, the Lakers played that whole season mad.  They played similar in 00.  67 wins in 00, 65 in 09. 
Struggled thru the playoffs in 00, Game 5 vs Sac (best of 5 series back then) 7 games vs Portland.  Struggled thru the playoffs in 09.  7 games vs Houston, only 2-2 after a blowout vs Denver

In 01, we sucked.  All the way up until THE FINAL 8 GAMES OF THE SEASON.  Then we won a total of 19 staight, and 23 out of 24.  In 10 we sucked late in the year as age and injuries mounted.  Then we came out in the playoffs and won 10 of our first 12 playoff games. 

In our 3rd title year in 02  WE DIDN'T EVEN WIN OUR OWN DIVISION.  And yet, somehow, we won the title.  Wasn't easy.  But we did it. 

That is what you go thru trying to win THREE straight titles.  It is hard.  The other 29 teams in the league tired of watching you kick their @#$.  Every game to those guys is a measuring stick.  Hornets want a peice of us tonight to show they belong.  Heat wanted us to show they matter.  Suns want revenge.  Blazers always hate us.  Jazz been murked by us 3 years runnin.  Denver back to back years sent home by us.  OKC wants us.  EVERY night, teams want to get us. 

Who do we measure up with?   Boston, easily is the first answer.  The second team is History.  Lakers and Kobe, Phil, all those guys are chasing ghosts right now.  Legends.  We want 3 straight titles, we want to be one of "those" teams.  But you can't get up for History vs the Bucks.  Or the Heat on Christmas.  Or the Spurs on a Tuesday.  Sure, they say the right things, they try to win, they try to play hard, but there is no way we can expect these guys to do this for 9 straight months. 

WHY, WHY can people not see this?  Some of you may or may not like the Giants.  Do you realize what you are asking for right now is for Tim Lincecum to go out and throw a 9 inning shutout BEFORE MEMORIAL DAY  vs the Phillies? 
laugh.gif
  In baseball, that's the equivalent of where we are right now.  They just won the world series, and before the summer even begins, when it's still 60 degrees and cloudy, you want that guy to throw 120 pitches in May.  That's us, right now.  We want LA throwin 120 pitches to win "big" games. 
30t6p3b.gif

I hate losing.  I despise it.  You think I wanna listen to these clowns?  These people who have no idea what it takes to win back to back to back like we have done before?  You guys think I want to hear Portland folk of all people laugh and giggle, and say what's wrong with the Lakers when thier team may not even make the playoffs? 
grin.gif
  Hell no.  I hate it.  But I know FOR A FACT, that I can't demand my team go out and play 82 games all out, do or die mode, then ask them to do it again for 16 more games after that.  It's NOT POSSIBLE. 

We suck right now, everybody can see that.  We all know that.  You really think that I'm going to listen to a bunch of people tell me that it's because D Fish is done (ya know, since he's been done for like 8 years now, and then in May he suddenly isn't done anymore
eyes.gif
) or that Kobe is done and then he comes down and hits 3 3's in a minute and a half, and the entire crowd goes quiet, scared as all @#$% with a 9 point lead, TERRIFIED, "is this it, is he going to get hot?"  People know.  They know.  Or Odom can't rebound anymore because he doesn't get 15 with ease like he does when he plays 43 minutes.  All of this, is garbage.  Stay the course.  Ebbs and flows. 

I swear, we were 13-2 and people were chest bumping like we already locks for the finals, and now people talkin like we may not even make the playoffs. 
grin.gif
  I don't even have the energy to tell people to settle the hell down, I know they won't.  But come March when Phil starts to tighten the rotation, put guys in spots they like, work matchups, players get into routines, and rythyms, and all that, and we win 8-10-12 games straight, then everybody gonna be in here clappin and high fivin? 
grin.gif
  That @#$% is pissing me off.  I've seen this team do this so many damn times, I can't understand how people forget so quickly.  Like ya'll weren't watching the last decade or some @#$%. 

I for one have it nailed down.  I know what the problem is.  I know what has caused this.  This all started.........when we traded Sasha. 
tired.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Go ahead, continue with the panic now.........

laugh.gif
 I said before the season even started people would fall apart any time we lose games we shouldn't.  We haven't made it to January and we have bickering, in fighting, haters cheering, bench this guy, trade that guy, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. 

The only time anybody been happy was 09 after we got mopped up in the finals, the Lakers played that whole season mad.  They played similar in 00.  67 wins in 00, 65 in 09. 
Struggled thru the playoffs in 00, Game 5 vs Sac (best of 5 series back then) 7 games vs Portland.  Struggled thru the playoffs in 09.  7 games vs Houston, only 2-2 after a blowout vs Denver

In 01, we sucked.  All the way up until THE FINAL 8 GAMES OF THE SEASON.  Then we won a total of 19 staight, and 23 out of 24.  In 10 we sucked late in the year as age and injuries mounted.  Then we came out in the playoffs and won 10 of our first 12 playoff games. 

In our 3rd title year in 02  WE DIDN'T EVEN WIN OUR OWN DIVISION.  And yet, somehow, we won the title.  Wasn't easy.  But we did it. 

That is what you go thru trying to win THREE straight titles.  It is hard.  The other 29 teams in the league tired of watching you kick their @#$.  Every game to those guys is a measuring stick.  Hornets want a peice of us tonight to show they belong.  Heat wanted us to show they matter.  Suns want revenge.  Blazers always hate us.  Jazz been murked by us 3 years runnin.  Denver back to back years sent home by us.  OKC wants us.  EVERY night, teams want to get us. 

Who do we measure up with?   Boston, easily is the first answer.  The second team is History.  Lakers and Kobe, Phil, all those guys are chasing ghosts right now.  Legends.  We want 3 straight titles, we want to be one of "those" teams.  But you can't get up for History vs the Bucks.  Or the Heat on Christmas.  Or the Spurs on a Tuesday.  Sure, they say the right things, they try to win, they try to play hard, but there is no way we can expect these guys to do this for 9 straight months. 

WHY, WHY can people not see this?  Some of you may or may not like the Giants.  Do you realize what you are asking for right now is for Tim Lincecum to go out and throw a 9 inning shutout BEFORE MEMORIAL DAY  vs the Phillies? 
laugh.gif
  In baseball, that's the equivalent of where we are right now.  They just won the world series, and before the summer even begins, when it's still 60 degrees and cloudy, you want that guy to throw 120 pitches in May.  That's us, right now.  We want LA throwin 120 pitches to win "big" games. 
30t6p3b.gif

I hate losing.  I despise it.  You think I wanna listen to these clowns?  These people who have no idea what it takes to win back to back to back like we have done before?  You guys think I want to hear Portland folk of all people laugh and giggle, and say what's wrong with the Lakers when thier team may not even make the playoffs? 
grin.gif
  Hell no.  I hate it.  But I know FOR A FACT, that I can't demand my team go out and play 82 games all out, do or die mode, then ask them to do it again for 16 more games after that.  It's NOT POSSIBLE. 

We suck right now, everybody can see that.  We all know that.  You really think that I'm going to listen to a bunch of people tell me that it's because D Fish is done (ya know, since he's been done for like 8 years now, and then in May he suddenly isn't done anymore
eyes.gif
) or that Kobe is done and then he comes down and hits 3 3's in a minute and a half, and the entire crowd goes quiet, scared as all @#$% with a 9 point lead, TERRIFIED, "is this it, is he going to get hot?"  People know.  They know.  Or Odom can't rebound anymore because he doesn't get 15 with ease like he does when he plays 43 minutes.  All of this, is garbage.  Stay the course.  Ebbs and flows. 

I swear, we were 13-2 and people were chest bumping like we already locks for the finals, and now people talkin like we may not even make the playoffs. 
grin.gif
  I don't even have the energy to tell people to settle the hell down, I know they won't.  But come March when Phil starts to tighten the rotation, put guys in spots they like, work matchups, players get into routines, and rythyms, and all that, and we win 8-10-12 games straight, then everybody gonna be in here clappin and high fivin? 
grin.gif
  That @#$% is pissing me off.  I've seen this team do this so many damn times, I can't understand how people forget so quickly.  Like ya'll weren't watching the last decade or some @#$%. 

I for one have it nailed down.  I know what the problem is.  I know what has caused this.  This all started.........when we traded Sasha. 
tired.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I understand that this has happened before, but when is a good time to panic?  The main reason I'm panicking is because I haven't seen anything that is championship worthy in over 10 games.  Kobe and DFish said it themselves that the difference between this team and others is that they haven't developed habits.  They are developing bad habits, everyone can see it, and thats something that is hard to get out of.  They have a whole lot of fire power, but yet no one can score.  I don't like what I've seen from Kobe.  He's been playing the role of the "facilitator" all year and I have really seen "The Closer" Kobe consistently enough this season.  There are going to be plenty of times during the playoffs when Kobe is gonna need to be "The Closer". 

I understand that this has happened before, but when is a good time to panic?  The main reason I'm panicking is because I haven't seen anything that is championship worthy in over 10 games.  Kobe and DFish said it themselves that the difference between this team and others is that they haven't developed habits.  They are developing bad habits, everyone can see it, and thats something that is hard to get out of.  They have a whole lot of fire power, but yet no one can score.  I don't like what I've seen from Kobe.  He's been playing the role of the "facilitator" all year and I have really seen "The Closer" Kobe consistently enough this season.  There are going to be plenty of times during the playoffs when Kobe is gonna need to be "The Closer". 

trade Lamar
30t6p3b.gif
naw, dude is one of the most consistent players on the team right now.

trade Lamar
30t6p3b.gif
naw, dude is one of the most consistent players on the team right now.

Originally Posted by Si3xers55

When we have 3 losses in a series and trail in a 4th game by 20 with less then 30 seconds left, I might panic a little. 
laugh.gif

But naw, I see what you're saying.  However, don't believe all that facillitator stuff you think you see.  Kobe been shooting more then ever, just in fewer minutes.  He's not passing as much as you think he is. 

None of that maters though.  The two seasons are completely different.  Reasons why?  Regular season, you roll the ball out there and go.  You played the team last year, you played them twice, maybe you saw them on TV in November, you "know" their game.  No, you don't.  You don't have them accurately scouted, you don't have all their tendencies down cold.  You have some data, have some tape, you have ideas, but you do NOT have them down cold. 

Postseason.  WELL scouted.  You can make adjustments from one game, to the next game.  That's why you see two teams play, 20 point loss one night, 20 point win the next night.  Adjustments.  LIVE adjustments.  Not over the course of 3 months or something like when we face the Heat next, or 7 months from the time we played game 7 to the time we next face the Celtics, no, adjustments within 24 hours of playing a team.  

In the regular season, you can just go to the gym, show up, hussle and play hard and all that, and you should/could win 50-55 games with solid talent.  But those teams don't always win in the playoffs, why not?  Do they "choke" as we like to label teams?  Do the Mavs "choke" every year?  Yes and no, but moreso no.  Regular season if you go out and run around and play balls out and again, without the benefit of tons of tape or scouting and time preparation for that ONE single opponent and you have a lot of talent, you can win your fair share of games.  But what happens when you face a team SEVEN times in 2 weeks, and they have the same amount of time, same travel, same time to prepare and have maybe not as much talent, but close enough? 
Does that not "even up the playing field" just a touch? 

We have how much time to be ready for the Hornets tonight?  24 hours right?  Finish with the game last night, couple hours, interview, shower, eat, fly, sleep, takes up 10 hours.  Wake up this morning, go thru a walk thru, maybe talk about a game we played them last year, etc etc.  Did we really "prepare" for the game tonight? 
Now, we face these guys in the first round this year, 4 days off before the first game, 2 days off before game 2, fly to the other city, 3 days etc etc etc.  

Will the results be the same? 

THIS LAKERS TEAM IS BUILT FOR THE POSTSEASON.  Not the regular season.  So why panic and worry about stuff that goes on here?   Christ, we've lost playoff games by 25+ and won series.  We've lost homecourt in game 1 of a series, and won the series.  We lost game 5 of a 2-2 series and like 90% of game 5 losers don't win the series, and we did, but we're panicked, or borderline panicked over a bad stretch of games in December? 
ohwell.gif

It's fine, it is what it is, like I said, I should have known it would be this way this year, it was like this all last year as well, it'll be like this forever until this core is gone and we have 9 24 year olds that run around 100 miles and hour and hussle and win tons of games only to get exposed in the second round.  (Hello there 96, 97, and 98 Lakers.  I don't miss you at all.) 
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Oh whatdaya know, a dominant regular season group of young guys they were back then and every year when the postseason hit, we'd win a series or two, and then get PUMMELED by more prepared teams.  Imagine that. 

But we can't see that now.  No, we have to win every single game or the team as a whole is failing. 
30t6p3b.gif

Stay the course.....

Originally Posted by Si3xers55

When we have 3 losses in a series and trail in a 4th game by 20 with less then 30 seconds left, I might panic a little. 
laugh.gif

But naw, I see what you're saying.  However, don't believe all that facillitator stuff you think you see.  Kobe been shooting more then ever, just in fewer minutes.  He's not passing as much as you think he is. 

None of that maters though.  The two seasons are completely different.  Reasons why?  Regular season, you roll the ball out there and go.  You played the team last year, you played them twice, maybe you saw them on TV in November, you "know" their game.  No, you don't.  You don't have them accurately scouted, you don't have all their tendencies down cold.  You have some data, have some tape, you have ideas, but you do NOT have them down cold. 

Postseason.  WELL scouted.  You can make adjustments from one game, to the next game.  That's why you see two teams play, 20 point loss one night, 20 point win the next night.  Adjustments.  LIVE adjustments.  Not over the course of 3 months or something like when we face the Heat next, or 7 months from the time we played game 7 to the time we next face the Celtics, no, adjustments within 24 hours of playing a team.  

In the regular season, you can just go to the gym, show up, hussle and play hard and all that, and you should/could win 50-55 games with solid talent.  But those teams don't always win in the playoffs, why not?  Do they "choke" as we like to label teams?  Do the Mavs "choke" every year?  Yes and no, but moreso no.  Regular season if you go out and run around and play balls out and again, without the benefit of tons of tape or scouting and time preparation for that ONE single opponent and you have a lot of talent, you can win your fair share of games.  But what happens when you face a team SEVEN times in 2 weeks, and they have the same amount of time, same travel, same time to prepare and have maybe not as much talent, but close enough? 
Does that not "even up the playing field" just a touch? 

We have how much time to be ready for the Hornets tonight?  24 hours right?  Finish with the game last night, couple hours, interview, shower, eat, fly, sleep, takes up 10 hours.  Wake up this morning, go thru a walk thru, maybe talk about a game we played them last year, etc etc.  Did we really "prepare" for the game tonight? 
Now, we face these guys in the first round this year, 4 days off before the first game, 2 days off before game 2, fly to the other city, 3 days etc etc etc.  

Will the results be the same? 

THIS LAKERS TEAM IS BUILT FOR THE POSTSEASON.  Not the regular season.  So why panic and worry about stuff that goes on here?   Christ, we've lost playoff games by 25+ and won series.  We've lost homecourt in game 1 of a series, and won the series.  We lost game 5 of a 2-2 series and like 90% of game 5 losers don't win the series, and we did, but we're panicked, or borderline panicked over a bad stretch of games in December? 
ohwell.gif

It's fine, it is what it is, like I said, I should have known it would be this way this year, it was like this all last year as well, it'll be like this forever until this core is gone and we have 9 24 year olds that run around 100 miles and hour and hussle and win tons of games only to get exposed in the second round.  (Hello there 96, 97, and 98 Lakers.  I don't miss you at all.) 
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Oh whatdaya know, a dominant regular season group of young guys they were back then and every year when the postseason hit, we'd win a series or two, and then get PUMMELED by more prepared teams.  Imagine that. 

But we can't see that now.  No, we have to win every single game or the team as a whole is failing. 
30t6p3b.gif

Stay the course.....

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

*Yawn*

It's tough to be hungry when you already ate. 
Just saying... 

Not worrying the hell out right now because it's only December, but I would be worried if they keep playing like this heading to the All-Star break. 
QFT

Hopefully we can bounce back tonight.
At least Bynum played decent last night 10 and 7 in 22mins

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

*Yawn*

It's tough to be hungry when you already ate. 
Just saying... 

Not worrying the hell out right now because it's only December, but I would be worried if they keep playing like this heading to the All-Star break. 
QFT

Hopefully we can bounce back tonight.
At least Bynum played decent last night 10 and 7 in 22mins

wow second 3 games plus losing streak of the year its all bad i parcially blame artest for sucking this year and gasol for not eating his wheaties

wow second 3 games plus losing streak of the year its all bad i parcially blame artest for sucking this year and gasol for not eating his wheaties

CP
pimp.gif

its tough to 3peat, since we are the back to back world champs the target in our backs are bigger. we are the measuring stick. granted we have looked horrible and the teams that beat us have really played us well. but we've been to 3 straight NBA finals, that takes a toll on our guys like pau, kobe and fish. i give these guys the benefit of a doubt, it takes a lot of effort to repeat back to back times. doo would be oblivious to that
wink.gif
tongue.gif

CP
pimp.gif

its tough to 3peat, since we are the back to back world champs the target in our backs are bigger. we are the measuring stick. granted we have looked horrible and the teams that beat us have really played us well. but we've been to 3 straight NBA finals, that takes a toll on our guys like pau, kobe and fish. i give these guys the benefit of a doubt, it takes a lot of effort to repeat back to back times. doo would be oblivious to that
wink.gif
tongue.gif

^ your absolutely right these last three years the lakers have been playing damn near 100 game season thats really tough on are guys but if they get one more championship it really will be monumental so i hope we get it so i can go to that laker parade

Back
Top Bottom