[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

LO has to be the front runner to this point but still half of the season to go.

Utah hasn't beaten us in 50 years at home (exaggeration) but it's ANOTHER elite PG coming in so who expect Deron to have 30 and 15
laugh.gif

Lakeshow by 5.

^
Most of Lamar's work this year was as a starter though, that would hurt him in that vote. 

And Jerry West knows more about winning NBA titles then just about anybody.  That boy was throwing out a preemptive strike so to speak. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
  If you look, our core is younger then what Boston went with last year, and they were mere minutes away from a title.  Pau, Ron, Lamar, Blake, etc all just turned 30.  Fish is 36, Kobe just turned 32.  Paul, Allen, KG, Sheed were all 32-33-34 last year and even older this year, especially when you add JO and Shaq. 
I think he was also referring to our window being shorter then everyone thought.  Everyone is locked up for another 3 years, but I don't think we'll still be winning for another 3 years after this one. 
frown.gif
  At some point, they will need to make moves and add youth into the team.  To me, that spells Lamar and Ron being guys that get moved to surround Kobe/Pau/Bynum and keep the window open as long as they possibly can.  Mitch will have a LOT of work on his hands this upcoming offseason. 

Man I love me some Ronnie Price.  That dude makes plays every time I see him.  He is the perfect back up PG imo.  I swear Sloan has a PG cloning machine at his house. 
30t6p3b.gif

Yea, really didn't have a problem with what the Logo said at all. If we somehow 3 peat this year, we might as well just concede the title to someone else winning next season. This same exact group has about 0.05% chance of making it to 5
eek.gif
straight Finals and winning four of them. The feat in itself if it's done this year will be incredible.

We're sitting pretty good right now though with the #2 seed and with our schedule getting tougher we'll have to be a lot better overall to keep it.

And I'm definitely looking forward to Sunday to maybe the only regular season game that gets me excited.
devil.gif

good article. i probably was one of the people who said trade him if he isnt trying to be with us.

as for the logo saying that age has slowed us down on the defensive side and that age will catch up with us. hes right. hes not criticizing us at all, hes just trying to motivate the team. a couple years back during the playoffs he said bron has surpassed kobe as the best player in the game. 2 years later, 2 rings, 2 finals MVPs and surpasses him as the Lakers all-time scorer. jerry is a father figure to these Lakers, especially kobe and fish. hes the type of dad who says things that will make you better in what you do. jerry seems to say things at the right time when that motivation is need, right before the toughest part of our schedule.

Looking at Raja Bell tonight dude looks hella done and nothing like his days in Phoenix.

I'm actually glad he decided to sign with Utah instead of the Lakers.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Looking at Raja Bell tonight dude looks hella done and nothing like his days in Phoenix.

I'm actually glad he decided to sign with Utah instead of the Lakers.

Most Def. 
Barnes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bell

...great 1st half...hopefully second squad keeps up the pace...but why does Gasol have to yell everytime he takes it to the hole...

Kobe: "Pau to get the foul called, you have to yell like you been slapped, for example, 'ayyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeee'." Now you.

Pau: "Argggggggghhhh"

Back
Top Bottom