[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

W is all that matters.

Boston...Should be a good game to watch. Hopefully Pau comes out to play against KG otherwise we wont win.

[h2]Sources: Lakers, Nuggets talk Melo[/h2]

The Denver Nuggets have had preliminary discussions with the Los Angeles Lakers on aCarmelo Anthony trade, league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard on Tuesday.

[h4]More on the Lakers[/h4]
lal.gif

For more news, notes and analysis of the Lakers, check out the Land O' Lakers blog from the Kamenetzky Brothers.Blog

The Lakers' package would be built around center Andrew Bynum. Denver has no interest inRon Artest and isn't particularly interested inLamar Odom either, sources said. A straight-up deal of Bynum for Anthony works financially, but there could be other players involved since Denver would look to shed more salary if possible.

Sources described the talks as in their infancy, and a three-way deal between the Knicks, Nuggets and Wolves is very much alive.

Bynum is averaging 11.3 points and 7.4 rebounds per game in 27 games this season as he works his way back from injury. In five full seasons with Los Angeles, Bynum has averaged only 56 games per season due to injuries.

Anthony is coming off a 50-point, 11-rebound outing Monday, but the Nuggets lost to the Rockets.

DO IT MITCH!!!

Fish
Kobe
Melo
Odom
Pau

$$$$$$$

Actually with the "sources" being Chris Broussard, this has ZERO percent chance of happening, now if Screamin Stephen A cosigns then 
nerd.gif

If my two favortie players in the league end up being on the same team 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

And D12 comes in 2012/2013...The Saga continues

As much as I want this too happen, I don't see anything coming out of it

But the thought of my 2 current favorite players on the same team
eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

DO IT MITCH!!!

Fish
Kobe
Melo
Odom
Pau

$$$$$$$

Actually with the "sources" being Chris Broussard, this has ZERO percent chance of happening, now if Screamin Stephen A cosigns then 
nerd.gif

If my two favortie players in the league end up being on the same team 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

And D12 comes in 2012/2013...The Saga continues

The Saga continues

WU TANG

WU TANG

laugh.gif

When is the trade deadline?

Never

Going

To

Happen

Let it go ya'll.  Broussard wrote it, = not happening. 

You guys feel like going thru the playoffs with Pau as our only center?  That a good look to you guys? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Not me. 

If they have some weird deal to get Melo, and then something to get a center back, ok, I'll listen, but Melo for Bynum = no. 

Well Denver would be looking to unload salary (maybe NeNe, since his contract is up after this season). Some other teams would have to get involved for us to acquire both but a man can dream can't he?
laugh.gif

Fish
Kobe
Melo
Pau
Nene

And the Nuggets won't have to be stuck with Bynum's contract if they don't want to after next season so they'll have assets to make a run at all of the big free agents in 2012...looks like a win win for me
laugh.gif

I still say DO IT MITCHELL!

only time to get melo. bynum can be replaced for defense. look at what joel anthony is going for ($3.4 mil)

Let's pretend for a sec it happened, could you imagine Pop's reaction? 
eek.gif
roll.gif
He would murder Craig Sager live on air!!!! 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

only time to get melo. bynum can be replaced for defense. look at what joel anthony is going for ($3.4 mil)

yo, Artest's and Gortat's contracts match up perfectly

Spoiler [+]
DO IT MITCH!!!!

Will you clowns please stop entertaining this crap?
Mamba MVP:
this has ZERO percent chance of happening
Exactly.
thachosen123:
I don't see anything coming out of it
Me neither. Mainly because... ...
Lizaker4Lizife:
won't happen
Nugs using LA for leverage

... ... that's what's going on.
CP1708:
Never

Going

To

Happen
Nope.
CP1708:
Let it go ya'll.
Please.
CP1708:
Let's pretend for a sec it happened
I refuse.

Spoiler [+]
CP1708:
You guys feel like going thru the playoffs with Pau as our only center?
For Melo? Yes... as I try to think of the powerhouses at the 5 for the Bulls.
CP1708:
Melo for Bynum = no.
In a MF'n heartbeat.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

CP1708:
You guys feel like going thru the playoffs with Pau as our only center?
For Melo? Yes... as I try to think of the powerhouses at the 5 for the Bulls.
CP1708:
Melo for Bynum = no.
In a mf'n heartbeat.
I hear ya on the Bulls, but play this in your mind. 

Play the Heat, ok no prob. 
Play the Celts, Pau and Odom, vs Shaq/KG/JO/Bady Davis/ oh and Perk.........That is a bloodbath. 

And saying Kobe and Melo would make up the diff, don't work with Peirce and Ray Ray. 

And Rondo v Fish isn't exacly our edge either, so.........

laugh.gif
  Bynum for Melo, with us finding a center we can use elsewhere, ok.  Bynum for Melo straight, and our roster changes no more after, no way no how. 

I don't see it happening and would rather wait until next summer when would have a better & legit chance of getting Dwight Howard.

It also makes no sense if Ron Ron isn't apart of the deal. Forget about keeping Kobe happy and who gets the ball.

Ron Ron would be an even more unhappy nightmare losing his starting spot and coming off the bench.

JO? Really? Shaq?
laugh.gif

But Kobe/Melo + Pau/Odom vs. Pierce/Jesus + Baby/Perk/KG would definitely be interesting to me. It would be two different teams, like having a 'hit for power' team in the WS vs. a speedy, small ball team (see: 2002
happy.gif
), or a Super Bowl featuring a 'do plenty of work on the ground to set up a few aerial plays' team against a 'throw, throw, and throw some more to eventually pound it in on the ground' team.

I'm not even talking about this freaking Melo crap, though.

This is my only reply on it.

wait, Frank Isola just wrote that Jim Buss turned down the Nugs offer

if true, SMH at his man-love for bynum

I wouldn't want to trade Bynum for Melo *flamesuit on*

To me, Melo is 04-06 Kobe... he's a scorer, can't contribute or pass... but... .. ... he's a damn good scorer!

Not that great of a defender... but though, he is a good scorer! But he's no threat in the post.... but hey, he is a great scorer!

Bynum provides the length we need in the middle! He disrupts most post plays and passing lane plays.

I'm confident that Kobe and Melo can co-exist if we did land Melo... but I still wouldn't do it!

Nevermind! I change my mind
laugh.gif
Bynum for Melo! DO IT MITCH!

^^ but remember, do you think Bynum can hold up for an entire season? I cringe every time he jumps for an alleyoop. unfortunately, I don't think he will have a long healthy career from here on

Back
Top Bottom