[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

We own yall every year...weather its in charlotte or la
laugh.gif
...too bad a ship ain't coming to charlotte smh

Originally Posted by MR J 858

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Los Angeles Lakers and Time Warner Cable Sign Long-Term Agreement for Lakers Games[/h1]
110214timewarner650.jpg

New York, NY and El Segundo, CA – Time Warner Cableand the Los Angeles Lakers today entered into a 20-year, wide-rangingagreement for rights to distribute all locally available pre-season,regular season, and post-season Lakers games, beginning with the2012-2013 season.

To showcase the games, Time Warner Cable will launch two regionalsports networks in HD, including the nation’s first Spanish-languageregional sports network, with new state-of-the-art facilities in LosAngeles, to bring fans the most compelling Lakers content using thelatest technology. The networks will be available to all satellite,cable and telco distributors in the Lakers’ territory, which includesall of Southern California, Nevada and Hawaii.

The networks will include a number of elements custom-designed for Lakers fans, including:
  • A single destination where Lakers fans can find alllocally-televised home and away games and a variety of new and originalLakers’ content featuring behind-the-scenes, personality and classicprogramming.
  • All Lakers games will be produced in high definition, withstate-of-the-art technology and high production values in English &Spanish. The Spanish-language channel is a stand alone RSN with its owndedicated production of game telecasts and other unique contenttailored to Spanish speaking Lakers fans – not a SAP feed.
  • All games will feature pre and post-game shows produced separately in both English and Spanish.
  • A Lakers news and magazine show throughout the season.
  • Joint community relations initiatives.
  • New online and on demand multi-platform content featuring the Lakers.
“This long-term agreement represents a huge win for all Lakers fans,providing destination channels, more content and more platforms for theLakers, one of the premier brands in professional sports today,

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by PMatic

No more FSN West and KCAL. 
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif
EDIT: nvm just read it. whats it going to be now?

wow kwame having an all-star night
laugh.gif

The Lakers are geting their own channel and network like what YES is for the Yankees.

After getting over being pissed and hearing about the deal I found this:
To showcase the games, Time Warner Cable will launch two regionalsports networks in HD, including the nation’s first Spanish-languageregional sports network, with new state-of-the-art facilities in LosAngeles, to bring fans the most compelling Lakers content using thelatest technology. The networks will be available to all satellite,cable and telco distributors in the Lakers’ territory, which includesall of Southern California, Nevada and Hawaii.
So it's actually a pretty good deal for people in SoCal, Vegas, and Hawaii.Which is good because even down here in SD we currently don't get KCAL 9 and miss the pre season games and games on the road that aren't on national TV. But yeah it sucks for the rest of the Laker fans in different parts of the US. Those fans are going to have cop NBA League Pass each season.

I'm also just glad that these channels aren't just exclusive to Time Warner and will be available to other satellite, cable companies, and Telco's. I'll never go back to Time Warner.

lmao pull out the startes phil, why keep them playing for? this is too funny, Bobcats looks more like Lakers than Lakers

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

typical kobe looking nervous front of jordan... we all knew this

Typical TROLL post by a person that has had what 4 or 5 NT accounts banned now

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Fearless

lmao pull out the startes phil, why keep them playing for? this is too funny, Bobcats looks more like Lakers than Lakers
It's the Phil Jackson way, making players play through their mistakes and embarrassing said player for not showing up.

Best example of this was when he kept Kwame Brown in a game vs the Suns on TNT the year he got traded. Worst five minutes stretch by a player I've ever seen.

frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

The Lakers are geting their own channel and network like what YES is for the Yankees.

So it's actually a pretty good deal for people in SoCal, Vegas, and Hawaii.Which is good because even down here in SD we currently don't get KCAL 9 and miss the pre season games and games on the road that aren't on national TV. But yeah it sucks for the rest of the Laker fans in different parts of the US. Those fans are going to have cop NBA League Pass each season.

I'm also just glad that these channels aren't just exclusive to Time Warner and will be available to other satellite, cable companies, and Telco's. I'll never go back to Time Warner.

I don't see how this is good for socal fans. This just means that I will have to pay more on top of what I am paying now to watch the lakers rebuild the next few years. Getting nba league pass will probably be cheaper.

Can someone breakdown this whole KCAL9/FSW situation for the Laker games? I live in LA so this shouldn't affect me right? I have Verizon FiOS HD so I have KCAL9 HD and FSW HD but no more Laker games on them?

Originally Posted by knightngale

frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

I don't see how this is good for socal fans. This just means that I will have to pay more on top of what I am paying now to watch the lakers rebuild the next few years. Getting nba league pass will probably be cheaper.

Like I said for me & Laker fans down here in SD we currently get all Laker home games on FS West and have been since the 80's when FSN was Prime Ticket. But it sucks because we don't get KCAL 9 for the road games. Which means you miss between 15 to 20 road games each season that aren't on national TV (ABC,TNT,ESPN, NBA TV) and your only options are to pay the $175 or $150 each year for NBA League Pass or watch those games on bootleg internet stream websites. Which a lot of those sites have been getting shut down lately because of the new FCC & US Government internet laws.

With the new deal it makes no sense if your in SoCal or Vegas to get NBA League Pass because you will be shutout & blacked out of any Laker games because of the region you are in.

Originally Posted by Kookcle

no more KCAL= no more Jim Hill
pimp.gif
I hate him so much.
pimp.gif

Hopefully I don't have to hear "It's really amazing..." or "That's for sure..." ever again.

pimp.gif
I hate him so much.
pimp.gif

Hopefully I don't have to hear "It's really amazing..." or "That's for sure..." ever again.
so true
laugh.gif
.....and he fumbles words on every freakin sentence

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Can someone breakdown this whole KCAL9/FSW situation for the Laker games? I live in LA so this shouldn't affect me right? I have Verizon FiOS HD so I have KCAL9 HD and FSW HD but no more Laker games on them?

Yeah your good and will still be able to watch all the games. But your just going to have watch them on their new channel/network.

Here is the key part of the deal that kicks in at the start of the 2012-213 season:
So yeah it's going to be interesting to see how much it's going to cost to get these channels/network. But I seriously doubt it will cost as much as what NBA League Pass costs you a year which IMO is a rip off.

pimp.gif
I hate him so much.
pimp.gif

Yeah I agree. Jim Hill is boring and should just stick to sports news reporting. But dude has much clout & influence and is so well known in LA & SoCal because of how long he's been here. James Worthy on KCAL 9 doing the pre game show is cool though.

FSN West pre game show "Lakers Live" I don't watch because I can't stand Norm Nixon. FSN was better to watch when they had Jack Haley and when Rick Fox did some pre game work last season.

Play by Play TV I don't like Joel Myers at all and he puts me to sleep. I like Spero Dedes on the radio doing the play by play call a heck of whole lot better. But of course nobody will be as great as the legendary Chick Hearn. Man I miss hearing him call the games so much
frown.gif

The networks will be available to all satellite, cable and telco distributors in the Lakers’ territory, which includes all of Southern California, Nevada and Hawaii.
  damn why cant they expand it over here in northern cali! stupid warriors
laugh.gif

jim hill is that dude. you guys are trippin'

Even if the Lakers go 5-2 on this road trip after Wednesday's game it will still be a big disappointment.

7-0 on this trip was very possible. But the past 2 games the Lakers just looked like they were ready for the allstar break and weren't playing with any motivation and are just going through the motions.

Back
Top Bottom