of course i choose to miss a triple double 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

i assume tyreke was guarding him. too easy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

so far all is well, i kinda like these blowout wins it's like proving a point to the rest of the league.
we're doing what we are supposed to do and blow out teams like the grizz and the warriors. proving a point to the rest of the league is dominating teams like the thunder, boston and miami. till then im obviously content and fortunate we are winning but im looking at the bigger picture. cant get too high over wins against teams we're supposed to beat.

just my thoughts

Agreed. But beating Boston, Miami, Thunder.... Means nothing in the regular season like it or not.

Magic swept us in 2009 and we still beat them in the Finals. Cavs, Celtics, beat us plenty of times and we still got the Celtics in the finals.

In 2008 we dominated the regular season and the whole playoffs until we lost in the finals.

This team isn't the same team, but the way the Lakers win and lose is very different from other teams. I know we're suppost to be beating certain teams, but us dominating the regular season isn't always a good thing.

We finished off terrible last season and we still got the job done to everyones surprise. People were counting us out the first round against the Thunder.

Just wait till we lose against a crappy team or get blown out, all the haters will come out of hiding like it really means something to the Back2Back champs.

indeed.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

so far all is well, i kinda like these blowout wins it's like proving a point to the rest of the league.
we're doing what we are supposed to do and blow out teams like the grizz and the warriors. proving a point to the rest of the league is dominating teams like the thunder, boston and miami. till then im obviously content and fortunate we are winning but im looking at the bigger picture. cant get too high over wins against teams we're supposed to beat.

just my thoughts

Agreed. But beating Boston, Miami, Thunder.... Means nothing in the regular season like it or not.

Magic swept us in 2009 and we still beat them in the Finals. Cavs, Celtics, beat us plenty of times and we still got the Celtics in the finals.

In 2008 we dominated the regular season and the whole playoffs until we lost in the finals.

This team isn't the same team, but the way the Lakers win and lose is very different from other teams. I know we're suppost to be beating certain teams, but us dominating the regular season isn't always a good thing.

We finished off terrible last season and we still got the job done to everyones surprise. People were counting us out the first round against the Thunder.

Just wait till we lose against a crappy team or get blown out, all the haters will come out of hiding like it really means something to the Back2Back champs.

indeed.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Agreed. Game last night looked awesome. Those 2 lobs in the 2nd... Kobe to Lamar and then Barnes to Kobe... boss.
smokin.gif

*edit* So yeah, I could have swore I saw a Kobe to Lamar lob, but I just saw SportsCenter, and it showed Kobe to Pau and Barnes to Kobe. Am I making up Kobe to Lamar in my mind?
laugh.gif
I like what Barnes and Blake have done so far.
smokin.gif

nope i saw it too.  kobe tossed the oop, pau originally thought it was for him an he had a look of sadness as it wizzed past his head, then relief when LO yammed that %!##@&
pimp.gif

^ Agreed. Game last night looked awesome. Those 2 lobs in the 2nd... Kobe to Lamar and then Barnes to Kobe... boss.
smokin.gif

*edit* So yeah, I could have swore I saw a Kobe to Lamar lob, but I just saw SportsCenter, and it showed Kobe to Pau and Barnes to Kobe. Am I making up Kobe to Lamar in my mind?
laugh.gif
I like what Barnes and Blake have done so far.
smokin.gif

nope i saw it too.  kobe tossed the oop, pau originally thought it was for him an he had a look of sadness as it wizzed past his head, then relief when LO yammed that %!##@&
pimp.gif

Ska, there were 3 lobs in the game, one to Odom, one to Gasol, and then one to Bryant.  (there was also the no look from Kob to LO that he threw down rather handily) 

Now, speaking of the one to Bryant, anyone paying real close attention to what's going on out there?  You guys happen to notice Kobe go directly over to Barnes before the free throw was shot, tell him the play, go down the other end of the court, and then actually DO that play? 
Anyone happen to notice Kobe later yellin "Pau....Pau....Pau, right side"  and then Pau runs down, right side, sets a screen, and Artest takes a wide open 3 right behind him?

People, what we have here is a coach on the floor, and these days, that coach is about makin plays and doin it the right way IN NOVEMBER.  Kobe has always yelled and scolded and been pissed at dudes when they make mistakes, but these days?  He goes over and talks quietly with each guy.  I saw him directing Ebanks, talkin to Pau on almost every screen, every angle, every inch they could gain on a team, he was discussing it.  Ron picks up an offensive foul trying to get position, Kobe on the sideline with him and Barnes talkin about it.  

People need to see that these days, and smile.  It's an incredible sign for this team. 

D Fish, it ain't June man, save that @#$% 
laugh.gif
   My boy out there icin the game like it was game 3 vs the Celts. 

Anyone else hold their breath when Lamar was holdin his thumb? 

Ska, you ain't like the killer B's?  What's with the sad fish? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ska, there were 3 lobs in the game, one to Odom, one to Gasol, and then one to Bryant.  (there was also the no look from Kob to LO that he threw down rather handily) 

Now, speaking of the one to Bryant, anyone paying real close attention to what's going on out there?  You guys happen to notice Kobe go directly over to Barnes before the free throw was shot, tell him the play, go down the other end of the court, and then actually DO that play? 
Anyone happen to notice Kobe later yellin "Pau....Pau....Pau, right side"  and then Pau runs down, right side, sets a screen, and Artest takes a wide open 3 right behind him?

People, what we have here is a coach on the floor, and these days, that coach is about makin plays and doin it the right way IN NOVEMBER.  Kobe has always yelled and scolded and been pissed at dudes when they make mistakes, but these days?  He goes over and talks quietly with each guy.  I saw him directing Ebanks, talkin to Pau on almost every screen, every angle, every inch they could gain on a team, he was discussing it.  Ron picks up an offensive foul trying to get position, Kobe on the sideline with him and Barnes talkin about it.  

People need to see that these days, and smile.  It's an incredible sign for this team. 

laugh.gif

Anyone else hold their breath when Lamar was holdin his thumb? 

Ska, you ain't like the killer B's?  What's with the sad fish? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This guy Kobe was playing possum the entire preseason to throw everyone off.
laugh.gif

This guy Kobe was playing possum the entire preseason to throw everyone off.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

yeah same thing i was thinking.
pimp.gif
i was kinda like phil should keep blake in there for the rest of the game and give fish his rest but hey what do i know?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

yeah same thing i was thinking.
pimp.gif
i was kinda like phil should keep blake in there for the rest of the game and give fish his rest but hey what do i know?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 I said the same thing. "It's not the Playoffs Derek!"

I think we might have a good team this year, guys.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 I said the same thing. "It's not the Playoffs Derek!"

I think we might have a good team this year, guys.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

CP1708:
Ska, you ain't like the killer B's? What's with the sad fish?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I like 'em, but that's not a sad fish; it's a sad Fish.
frown.gif

CP, how can you type out "sad fish" on your computer and not get the connection 
laugh.gif

CP1708:
Ska, you ain't like the killer B's? What's with the sad fish?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I like 'em, but that's not a sad fish; it's a sad Fish.
frown.gif

CP, how can you type out "sad fish" on your computer and not get the connection 
laugh.gif

Well what the hell is Fish sad for?  Killer B's makes Fish be sad???  What the hell for?  That's what I'm not getting.   
laugh.gif

It ain't the starting lineup or nothing.  There ain't no B in Derek Fisher, less he changes his name to Derek Bisher, he can't be in the killer B program. 

Turn that frown upside down Derek. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well what the hell is Fish sad for?  Killer B's makes Fish be sad???  What the hell for?  That's what I'm not getting.   
laugh.gif

It ain't the starting lineup or nothing.  There ain't no B in Derek Fisher, less he changes his name to Derek Bisher, he can't be in the killer B program. 

Turn that frown upside down Derek. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We are looking nice right now.

It's evident that we're a much deeper, well balanced team than the last few years, and this is without our starting center.
You know we're deep when Vujacic is in our designated Mbenga role.
laugh.gif

With that said, is it me, or does Matt Barnes look so much more comfortable in our offense than Ron Artest?

I know it's a long season, but it's hard not to get too high on this team when they're playing so well.

We are looking nice right now.

It's evident that we're a much deeper, well balanced team than the last few years, and this is without our starting center.
You know we're deep when Vujacic is in our designated Mbenga role.
laugh.gif

With that said, is it me, or does Matt Barnes look so much more comfortable in our offense than Ron Artest?

I know it's a long season, but it's hard not to get too high on this team when they're playing so well.

I'm 'bout to pull a CP right about now.
laugh.gif
These positive comments y'all are making right now, keep them in your back pocket for when we lose 2, 3, 4 in a row, including a blowout to the Clippers or Cavs or something.

Back
Top Bottom