[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

--Tupac...wassup dude.
--I'm standing by my word till I'm wrong.

--Then will go back to my neutral posts/borderline positive energy posts.
--And then start a new streak. Carrying into the playoffs for the threepe-...whoa alomost said it. Cant be having that.
wink.gif

People last year were screaming about what a bum Farmar was, now he's our savior? Smh. If I wasn't on my phone I would go thru last years thread and shut this @#$% down. Farmar is gone, let it go. And for the record, I liked Farmar, but he wanted out, end of story.

If I was sitting behind that Jack, I would have punched it in the head.  *looks down the row* Dr. Drew sighting, maybe one of his patients.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Perkins got injured Tuesday, so he might not be available tomorrow.

He was supposed to miss 3-5 games from what I heard. Seriously doubt he's suiting up for tomorrow's game.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by PMatic

Perkins got injured Tuesday, so he might not be available tomorrow.
He was supposed to miss 3-5 games from what I heard. Seriously doubt he's suiting up for tomorrow's game.
Kendrick Perkins to miss 2-3 weeks

The Oklahoma City Thunder paid a pretty hefty price to get the big man they've always wanted. But they'll have to wait a while before they get to see what he can give them.

Center Kendrick Perkins will miss two to three weeks with an MCL sprain according to Thunder coach Scott Brooks. Perkins injured the knee against the Golden State Warriors while he was still a member of the Boston Celtics.

The sprain is on his left knee, which isn't the knee he had major reconstructive surgery following the NBA Finals last June. Previously, Celtic general manager Danny Ainge said Perkins would miss "a week or so" with the knee injury, but evidently the Thunder's being a bit more cautious with their new acquisition.

Perkins has only played 12 games so far this season and hasn't shown any signs of his injured knee bothering him. So this MCL sprain is likely not a big deal, but more just playing things on the safe side.

As evidenced by Dwight Howard pounding Oklahoma City Friday night for 40 points and 15 rebounds, the Thunder could definitely use the help now. They are still getting the services of 6-10 center Nazr Mohammed, which will help. With that, rookie Cole Aldrich will also have a chance to play some rotation minutes as well as Nick Collison.

The Thunder didn't get Perkins for the next two weeks, so it's really nothing more than just kind of a buzzkill. OKC fans are anxious to see the elusive big man they finally got and the guy that was worth giving up fan favorite Jeff Green for.

Perkins said at his introductory press conference that he likes the Thunder a lot and even asked his agent about coming to Oklahoma City as a free agent. So that's at least something good to come from Saturday's press conference, even if the injury news is a bit of a bummer
Link

Originally Posted by KenJi714

is that the real Jack from Jack in the Box or is it just some random dude ?

Lmfao 
laugh.gif

There's a real jack? For all we know it's different dudes everytime with someone doing the voice.
laugh.gif

Jacks kid was there too

^ Yep. Kobe has had more beef than usual with the refs this season. I think stern has something to do with it.

Good W for the Lakers. I feel like they didn't even play that well either.

Ron has been playing great, and is looking alot quicker.

good win for the lakers and that's all that matters to me.

2 games behind boston and miami for the 2nd best record in the league as well with 21 games to go.

without getting too far ahead of things they should go into san antonio next week on a 6 game winning streak if they win the winnable games.

hopefully they keep it up though because that 4 game road trip to san antonio, atlanta, dallas, and miami is going to be tough.

Good grind it out & ugly win on the road today by the Lakers.

I like how Ron's been playing the past 4 game since the allstar break.

Bynum is slowly showing signs of him playing at the level we need him at for the playoffs and any chance we have at 3 peating this season.

Now these next 2 games this week @ Minnesota and Friday @ home against the Bobcats hopefully they aren't trap games where we see the Lakers lose to teams that they should be blowing out.

I'm still not happy with the teams Pick & Roll and help defense though.

--Well I guess I was wrong again. Lakers were able to grind out the W and avoid losing on national TV.
--On Tuesday I expect them to play down to the Wolves level and lose in a close one. Lakers are due for one.
--Twolves 94 Lakers 89 Final

Durant is just an idiot. He can just try to drive by Artest every time he wants but he stays getting bumped during those picks and jumpers. 

Durant is young, he will figure it out. Lakers with a win against a playoff team is always good in my book. I like the way Drew has been playing.
EDIT: just looked at the box score, Drew was +16, and Pau was -13. WOW.. normally its the other way around. 

my dudes! great win. I love this momentum we've been building lately...thats started on the defensive end. Sure we've had some breakdowns, but we've been continually showing lowkey signs of greatness for longer stretches now. ron has been playin better and lookin younger on his feet. fish has been stayin out of the way, and pau n bynum hav finally been using there length agressively. of course, there's still things we can improve on, i'm thinking barnes can help in some defensive and hustle areas. if this team can just stay healthy and motivated, we're as deadly as any. motivation is key with these guys. the skill is there, but when their minds are elsewere, they might as well be too.

OKC will be a solid contender next couple yrs. Hope lakers will extend more winning. Cant wait till Sunday against the Spurs

Originally Posted by toutle5

Durant is young, he will figure it out. Lakers with a win against a playoff team is always good in my book. I like the way Drew has been playing.
EDIT: just looked at the box score, Drew was +16, and Pau was -13. WOW.. normally its the other way around. 

because pau was allowing alot of easy layups, while drew was blocking everything.

--Kobe #7 on all time scoring list now.
pimp.gif

--"Well he's played since he was 18" "But he's a ball hog" blah blah blah

And when they asked him about climbing the points ladder he said..........

"I don't give a crap about that, I wanna climb the Bill Russel ladder" 
pimp.gif

(well, something like that he said, I paraphrased cuz I'm too lazy to get the actual quote, deal with it) 

(Oh and, dude's crazy as @#$% to think he's gonna go hang out in Bill's neighborhood, but bless the man for trying 
laugh.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom