[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Lakers vs Bulls would probably be the dream match up for Phil. 
this.

what a way to finish out a career against the two teams he coached for. the bulls are sort of my eastern team but i've been wanting to play them in the finals to get the revenge for '91. yes, its different obviously without mj and magic but somewhat just want some type of revenge even though we have the same coach who beat us
laugh.gif

no secret about the keys to winning tonight's game....

1) destroy them on the inside and grab those boards
2) team defense not individual defense
3) contain lebrick and dwhistle as much as possible and SHUT EVERYONE ELSE DOWN. This team's supporting cast sucks mountain oysters.

Come on Lakeshow! take a dump on this team while they are down
devil.gif

Whatever happens tonight, everyone try to remain chill. 

If we win, we still haven't done anything. 
If we lose, it's not the end of the world. 

1 of 82, just with more flashbulbs. 

Saturday's game is "bigger" than this game. 

Make no mistake, I don't want us to be the team that let's the Heat off the hook, but you have to realize that at some point, our luck will run out, and their bad luck will as well.  Nobody is more due for a W than they are.  If we can stop Bosh, like Portland did, and they don't get much from their bench, then it's been proven that Wade and James can go lights out and still not win.  So rather then worrying about those guys, try to keep Bosh upset/unhappy/scared whatever it is that's got him right now.  Pau and Bynum and a little Odom need to really be all over that guy. 

Call it a hunch, I wonder if we see a Ron hard foul tonight.  Something to slow one of the 2 guys down, get under their skin maybe.  Maybe I'm wrong, just a gut feeling. 

Are you guys ready for a blow out tonight ? A lot of high blood pressure and a lot of F words .
laugh.gif
smh Since Artest and Matt Barnes got no lateral quickness. Lebron is going to drive around with ease. A- game for Lebron. He always got something to prove against Kobe. Lebron and Wade are going to the line 20 times tonight. They don't even need Bosh. Heat by 16

This game is going to be good for LA. We're trying to keep a streak going. They're trying to end one, and they're playing the champs. I think we'll see how ready LA is. 
I don't want to use the whole "flip the switch" cliche, I think it's more like a dial. No doubt there's a difference in the team since the All Star break.  We're going to see just how far we've turned it since then.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I know this is early, but I'm throwin it out now. 

IF we win again this year, Phil is at 12, I feel like he will come back.  Reason being, he's never 4 peated. 

I know, it's a leap, and Phil is filthy rich, and has no need to improve anything in his legacy, BUT, again, IF, he has 4 3 peats.  (listen to that @#$%
laugh.gif
)  Is that not one helluva challenge to go for a 4th? 

His 2 in Chicago were taken from him.  Mike left the first one, the whole team was gone the second one.  He gave it a go in 03 with us, we ran outta gas.  So this would be one season, one solid shot at trying to win a 4th in a row, with a vet team, and he HAS to know that he has a legit shot at D12 during the year, especially if Bynum helps us out by playing well the rest of this year, the West thinnned out a little, he could make a solid run next year with or without Dwight really.......I think he could. 

I know he says it's over, I'm sure today he thinks it is.  But if a labor deal is done early, and Buss gets more money for another title, and we're 17/17 with Boston, Buss and Kobe would have to be pushing HARD for Phil to try one more time. 

Now, we lose this year?  Yeah, Phil walks and has no problem doing so with 11 rings.  But if we win.........

Just callin it now.
if we win it this year it would be 4 straight Finals.  I don't think Phil would come back because he would know that the team would be too tired to get to 5 straight Finals.  He wants to go out on top.  imagine he comes back and they have a horrible season and get bounced in the first or second round, he wouldn't want to risk that.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Phil wants to go out a winner. If we get it done this year he goes out on top full circle with another 3 peat. There's nothing more for him to do. The only thing that may make it sweeter is if the Bulls make it and we stomp them thus throwing it in Krause and Reinsdorf's faces and coming even more full circle with his career. 
Just FYI, Reinsdorf is still the chairman but Krause is now in baseball.  So if your exact scenario becomes reality, he has Reinsdorf to gloat on.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

this.

what a way to finish out a career against the two teams he coached for. the bulls are sort of my eastern team but i've been wanting to play them in the finals to get the revenge for '91. yes, its different obviously without mj and magic but somewhat just want some type of revenge even though we have the same coach who beat us
laugh.gif

It'll be crazy if it plays out this way.  During the summer when the Bulls were re-tooling, I told my boys back home (LA) of this being my dream scenario.  Phil would have to beat the team that he started all his championship success with.

If this does happen and the Lakes win, I guess you can have your revenge on Pax who hit those 5 clutch jumpers in game 5 in '91...
happy.gif

Ahhhhh I usually go to the gym around 4 on weekdays. This totally messes up my schedule for the day. 
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Ill just have to adjust. Way too amped for this game to miss it. Lets go Lake Show. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sad thing about tonight's game is if Lakers lose, the media will ride hide with Miami all over again. They will totally forget about Miamis record against top teams but focus on the fact that they are 2-0 vs Lakers.
ohwell.gif

Go Lakers.

Close game till the 4 mins left to go in the 4th and Lakers take the lead and never look back. Gasol will not shoot a 3 tonight
laugh.gif

i'm torn between wanting the lakers to beat the bulls in the finals and phil beating his creator, the bulls, or the lakers beating the celtics in the finals, and kobe beating his archenemy, Shaq, once and for all. either scenario makes for some entertaining basketball.

Originally Posted by CAto312

this.

laugh.gif

It'll be crazy if it plays out this way.  During the summer when the Bulls were re-tooling, I told my boys back home (LA) of this being my dream scenario.  Phil would have to beat the team that he started all his championship success with.

If this does happen and the Lakes win, I guess you can have your revenge on Pax who hit those 5 clutch jumpers in game 5 in '91...
happy.gif

touche'

Spoiler [+]
if only byron scott or james worthy were healthy, pax wouldve never let him go off like that
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Lakers need to come out and DESTROY Miami early and show that Christmas was just a lack of effort for lakers

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Lakers need to come out and DESTROY Miami early and show that Christmas was just a lack of effort for lakers
close game. both teams came to play. miami will finally win a game winner. .....

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

close game. both teams came to play. miami will finally win a game winner. .....

I can see that too
frown.gif
Lebron with a last second shot on Artest. Then Lakers fans are going to complain about Artest and his defense until Artest does something significant.

If we just buckle down and rebound, we should take control of this game. Half of Miami's points that half came off of offensive rebounds, either direct putbacks or getting fouled.

Rebound the ball...we win this game, easily.

These guys acting like they don't have to pursue a rebound, our initial defense is fine but if we can't complete the possession by snagging the board then it was a waste.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

If we just buckle down and rebound, we should take control of this game. Half of Miami's points that half came off of offensive rebounds, either direct putbacks or getting fouled.

Rebound the ball...we win this game, easily.

This and stop giving the ball away down in the post!
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom