[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Heat due for a big win. Lakers due for a big loss. Perfect scenario.
--Heat will jump on the Lakers 14-2 from the get go and not look back.
--Lakers get embarrassed on national TV again turning the negative media back to Hollywood.

--Heat 106 Lakers 82 Final

I know your reverse psychology strategy Darth, but I think you might be right with this game. Of course I hope I'm wrong, and we come out with the W but ehhhhh

The perfect situation for me to see tho is a tie game in the 4th with the shotclock off, kobe has the ball for the last shot......hits it over lebron(or wade), turns around and give bron the same tap he gave him during the ASG and says "now THAT'S how you win a game"
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Heat due for a big win. Lakers due for a big loss. Perfect scenario.
--Heat will jump on the Lakers 14-2 from the get go and not look back.
--Lakers get embarrassed on national TV again turning the negative media back to Hollywood.

--Heat 106 Lakers 82 Final

I know your reverse psychology strategy Darth, but I think you might be right with this game. Of course I hope I'm wrong, and we come out with the W but ehhhhh

The perfect situation for me to see tho is a tie game in the 4th with the shotclock off, kobe has the ball for the last shot......hits it over lebron(or wade), turns around and give bron the same tap he gave him during the ASG and says "now THAT'S how you win a game"
pimp.gif

--Yeah once my streak breaks I go back to objective posts while going for the Lakers.
--Then start another streak.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Freeze

I truly believe if we win tonite against ATL, we'll win against Miami on thursday. I say that because, for one, this team is lookin hungry again. two, they're on a roll like they were in the beginning of the season. They're letting their defense depict their offense rather than the other way around. Plus they're meshing very well again. We have barnes back for toughness, ron is playin well. Our Bigs are acting BIG, kobe is kobe. Plus we have a lil streak goin. Streaks have a way of motivating individuals because you never know when it will end, so it makes you want to play at a level that promotes longevity. Annnndddd, the biggest piece, Miami is lost right now. Best believe our scouts have been paying close attention to all of their flaws, looking for pieces to exploit. You see, xmas day days arent really that important from the standpoint, it's 2 months into the season, who cares who wins. plus our motivation to win and exert that energy wasnt high, so we let em hav it, as we usually do on xmas. Technically, this game isnt important either, but I think the Lakeshow will be looking to send a message to all whom oppose them before seasons end. Check the numbers, we've beat all of our toughest challenges so far I believe, besides miami (and maybe orlando, i dont remember). i believe we have their number. bynum and pau are gonna giv bosh that work. ron ron is gonna giv bron bron a fit. theyll probably put kobe on chalmers to save his energy on defense and throw shannon on wade.

I'm very confident we'll win tonite, so I'm looking towards thursday.

The luke-warm are toast.  the lakers are beastin right now. leeeeeggggoooooo

If Lakers lose tomorrow, this winning streak will be completely forgotten by critics as well as Miamis losing streak.
laugh.gif
mad.gif

Lakers better not choke this game away, althought I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I just don't like the situation, we're bound to lose one after this many wins, and they're bound to win one after that many losses.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

If Drew keeps playing this great and we 3-peat and then we trade Bynum for Howard next year; we would be favorite to win and go to the Finals 5 years in a row with an opportunity to go for a 4-peat
sick.gif

There's no way Jim Buss will ever let that happen, especially if the Lakers 3 peat and Bynum keeps playing like he is now in the playoffs & finals.

Bynum gained a lot of respect from the coaching staff & upper management last year by gutting it out and playing on 1 leg in the Finals last year. This year if you read that article in the OC register he's gaining more respect from Phil lately.

So yeah unless you assassinate Jim Buss the D12 trade will remain a pipe dream 
laugh.gif

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Phil Jackson takes shot at Heat[/h2]

ATLANTA -- Los Angeles Lakers head coach Phil Jackson tried to bite his tongue.

When first asked about the Miami Heat's recent struggles, including the revelation by head coach Erik Spoelstra that players were crying in the locker room following their loss to the Chicago Bulls on Sunday, Jackson didn't have much to say.

"It's just drama," Jackson said after the Lakers' shootaround Tuesday morning in Atlanta. Jackson then referred reporters' Miami-related questions to assistant coach Frank Hamblen, because Hamblen was responsible for scouting the Heat for Thursday's game, while Jackson wanted to focus on the Hawks game at hand.

The Heat were brought up again during Jackson's pregame media session Tuesday night, however, and this time the Hall of Fame coach couldn't help himself from tweaking the talented bunch from South Beach.

"This is the NBA: No Boys Allowed," Jackson said. "Big boys don't cry. But, if you're going to do it, do it in the toilet where no one can see."

This came seconds after Jackson tried to deflect the reporter's question by saying, "People cry in locker rooms, yes, [but] I don't want to talk about Miami's situation."

Lakers guard Kobe Bryant was more diplomatic when asked for his opinion of the Heat while appearing on the "Max and Marcellus" show on 710 ESPN in Los Angeles on Monday.

"They have their own issues over there. Every team has issues. At this point of the season, if you don't have issues you're not a team," Bryant said. "Everybody responds to adversity differently. Doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong. It's how you come out of it. That's the true mark of a team."

Bryant said he wasn't trying to avoid providing the Heat with bulletin board material in advance of the Lakers' game against the Heat on Thursday.

"I really don't care too much about bulletin board stuff. That means nothing to me," Bryant said.

"I gave you an honest answer. Everybody responds differently. If guys are crying in the locker room, guys are crying in the locker room. That doesn't mean they're chumps. That doesn't mean they're soft. It doesn't mean anything."

This isn't the first time this season Jackson has made critical comments about the Heat to the press.

In late November, after Miami had stumbled out the gates to an 8-6 start, Jackson publicly questioned whether Spoelstra's job was safe.

"The scenario that sits kind of behind the scene, is that eventually these guys that were recruited -- [Chris] Bosh and [LeBron] James -- by Pat Riley and Micky Arison, the owner, are going to come in and say, 'We feel you [Riley] can do a better job coaching the team. We came here on the hopes that this would work,' and whatever, I don't know," Jackson said at the time. "That's kind of my take on it, is that eventually if things don't straighten out here soon, it could be the [Stan] Van Gundy thing all over again."

Jackson later backed off his comment, calling it an "offhand remark" and apologized.

"I'm not throwing any aspersions on Spoelstra," Jackson said. "He's a very fine young coach."

The Lakers play the Heat on Thursday in Miami. The last time the Lakers and Heat met, the teams were headed in opposite directions as Los Angeles was mired in what would turn out to be the second of three losing streaks of three games or more that they've had this season while Miami was in the midst of winning 21 of 22 games from late November through early January.

This time will be the reverse as the Lakers are riding an eight-game win streak that ties for their longest of the season while the Heat have lost five in a row, marking their lowest point of the season.

"It's a perfect setup for them to get back on track," said Bryant to reporters after watching the end of the Miami loss in the trainer's room following the Lakers 101-87 win over the Hawks. "They have no option but to fight and to play their hearts out so this is going to be a big challenge for us. They've lost five games in a row now and they're looking at this game as a game that's going to turn things around for them. So, we got to start getting ready [for Thursday starting] tonight."

Bryant said L.A. would have to find motivation somewhere else than from their 96-80 Christmas Day embarrassment at the hands of the Heat

"It's different now," Bryant said. "If they'd been playing just as well, yeah [we would reflect on that loss], but now you have to draw on something else because their intensity level is going to be much higher because of what's been going on."

Lakers forward Pau Gasol did not offer much sympathy for the scrutiny Miami is facing.

"It's part of [it]. If you want to be a championship-caliber team, when you struggle, they're going to go at you," Gasol said. "You have to be ready for that. You have to work to get better."

Ron Artest isn't feeling bad for the Heat, either.

"They're young and dangerous. Young, dangerous and achievers. I don't know about over- or under-achievers."

Bryant said the Heat are going through adversity for the first time as a group and their inexperience together is showing.

"Them being together is a new thing so they don't really know how each other is going to respond to it," Bryant said. "I've been around Pau for years, I know how he's going to respond to certain situations. Or I know how Ron is going to respond. I know how Lamar [Odom] is going to respond. So we know each other extremely well and we know how to support each other in those situations. Phil doesn't give a [crap], so why should we?"

When Jackson was asked after the game how the Lakers can beat the Heat, the coach said wryly, "Well, you stay cool," before adding that L.A.'s defense would have to work to stop James' and Dwyane Wade's penetration.

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com...ba/news/story?id=6195016

laugh.gif

Phil playing mind games again. But damn it he just gave Miami some bulletin board material for Thursday's game.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Phil Jackson talks next Lakers coach[/h2]

ATLANTA -- Ever since the start of training camp, Los Angeles Lakers head coach Phil Jackson has remained steadfast when asked whether he truly will stick to his plan to make this his "last stand" and walk away from the game when the season ends.

While the immediate question surrounding the Lakers wonders what this team will do in the playoffs, it's never too early to ask: What will happen to the coaching staff when Jackson retires?

After former Laker greats Kurt Rambis took over in Minnesota and Byron Scott became the lead guy in Cleveland, the next guy in line for the job would appear to be Brian Shaw, who played for the Lakers from 1999-2003 and has served as an assistant coach since the second half of the 2004-05 season.

But, as Jackson pointed out after the Lakers morning shootaround in Atlanta on Tuesday in preparation of their game against the Hawks, the coaching search could go any number of directions. The next man for the job might not come from within the Lakers organization and he might not plan on continuing to use Jackson's signature triangle offense.

"It depends upon who that guy is and how much he's interested in making changes," Jackson said. "If there's a veteran group of guys who are still here, they're going to want to do things that they know how to do.

"I would imagine the coach would be amenable to using the information that Kobe [Bryant] and Fish [Derek Fisher] and other guys on this team, Pau [Gasol], have here but you never can tell," Jackson said when asked if he expected the Lakers would still run his preferred triangle offense without him next season. "That's up to ownership. If ownership wants to do something entirely different, they may shred this team and start over. Who knows?"

Jackson cited Mike Dunleavy taking over the Lakers for Pat Riley in 1990 as a successful transition of a new coach taking over a veteran group that had experienced success together under the previous regime.

"They did pretty much what they had done before," Jackson said. "He had a lot of guys he could rely on who knew how to get things done."

Other transitions haven't gone quite so smoothly. Washington Wizards head coach Flip Saunders went to three straight Eastern Conference finals in three seasons with the Detroit Pistons after taking over for Larry Brown in 2005, but was fired after the third year in part because Detroit's veterans bristled at the changes he made to how Brown coached the team.

Jackson said he expected to be consulted by the Lakers' front office for his opinion on who the next coach should be when the opportunity presents itself, but said the decision will ultimately be general manager Mitch Kupchak's and owner Dr. Jerry Buss' to make.

"I'm sure we're going to talk about it at some level, but that's got to be a fit," Jackson said. "It has to be someone that Mitch is comfortable with; it has to be something that Dr. Buss sees as the program ahead."

The league's collective bargaining agreement expires June 30 and Jackson believes if a new CBA cannot be agreed upon, a work stoppage could affect the team's coaching decision as well.

"A lot of it has to with the lockout and what's going to go on next season if there's going to be a lockout or there's not going to be a lockout, so, there's so many floating questions up there it's hard to speculate," Jackson said.

Jackson said his coaching staff of Shaw, Frank Hamblen, Jim Cleamons and Chuck Person hasn't done anything specific to pick his brain this season on his way out the door, but he has made a point of emphasis on key coaching points when the moment strikes him.

"Once in a while, I'll say, 'Remember this: In situations like this, this is what I think works well,'" Jackson said. "Or I'll preface something about a game or about a period of time in the season or just when we're going back over tape, specifically what things work and how to counter something that happens on the floor or something that happens in our offense."

When asked if Jackson would continue to act as a resource for his assistants during his retirement, the 65-year-old coach joked "not unless I'm paid very well to do that," before adding, sincerely, "I'll certainly be available."

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com...ba/news/story?id=6193912

It's really B. Shaw's job to lose especially if the Lakers 3 peat this year. No way I see Mitch, Jim & Dr. Buss wanting to bring in a new coach like JVG to implement a new offensive system. Kobe won't sign off on another coach coming in and not running the triangle. They already experimented with it by bringing in Rudy T after the Lakers lost the 2004 Finals and Dr. Buss decided not to bring Phil back, and yeah we all know how that season turned out.

Yeah I know some Laker fans are going to say well B. Shaw is not experienced or not a championship coach. But remember this he played in the triangle as player for 3 or 4 years, he's been on Phil's coaching staff as an assistant coach since the 04-05 season. Kobe respects him a lot and he's known B. Shaw for a long time.

Lastly. Dr. Buss probably will be looking to pay a coach a lot less than what he's been paying Phil for the past 5 season at $10 to $12 million a year.

30t6p3b.gif

--Phil just solidified a Heat win with those statements.
--The King and The Flash will no doubt gonna wanna make him eat every word.
--And they shall succeed. Already mentally looking forward for a bounce back win against Dallas on Saturday...
tired.gif

I know this is early, but I'm throwin it out now. 

IF we win again this year, Phil is at 12, I feel like he will come back.  Reason being, he's never 4 peated. 

I know, it's a leap, and Phil is filthy rich, and has no need to improve anything in his legacy, BUT, again, IF, he has 4 3 peats.  (listen to that @#$%
laugh.gif
)  Is that not one helluva challenge to go for a 4th? 

His 2 in Chicago were taken from him.  Mike left the first one, the whole team was gone the second one.  He gave it a go in 03 with us, we ran outta gas.  So this would be one season, one solid shot at trying to win a 4th in a row, with a vet team, and he HAS to know that he has a legit shot at D12 during the year, especially if Bynum helps us out by playing well the rest of this year, the West thinnned out a little, he could make a solid run next year with or without Dwight really.......I think he could. 

I know he says it's over, I'm sure today he thinks it is.  But if a labor deal is done early, and Buss gets more money for another title, and we're 17/17 with Boston, Buss and Kobe would have to be pushing HARD for Phil to try one more time. 

Now, we lose this year?  Yeah, Phil walks and has no problem doing so with 11 rings.  But if we win.........

Just callin it now.

Phil wants to go out a winner. If we get it done this year he goes out on top full circle with another 3 peat. There's nothing more for him to do. The only thing that may make it sweeter is if the Bulls make it and we stomp them thus throwing it in Krause and Reinsdorf's faces and coming even more full circle with his career. 

Its been too frurasting(sp?) watching games of all late.
I have a funny feeling the Heat will pull it off.
But you never know...should be a good game regardless.

If we win, I think it'll be in Phil's best interest to go out on top. I'm not expecting us to even make it back to the Finals next season, 5 straight Finals runs...damn near impossible. Well unless we get a certain Magic Kingdom center at the trade deadline next season
wink.gif

Nice little quote from KB: 

RT @LakersReporter: Kobe asked today about what it's like to play w/a bulls-eye on back: "I don't know ... I'm still trying to kill people."

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Que ? Chicago making finals ? Not happening

How you figure?.......they are the 2nd best TEAM in the east IMO, and me saying that has nothing to do with the heats current losing streak

Da Bulls are the truth, if they get that #1 seed, it's highly possible that they make it to the Finals, they won't have to play BOS or MIA until the conference Finals.

Only 2 games in the L column behind the C's after their loss tonight.

I'm really hyped for the game tomorrow, hope we come out with lots of energy cause I'm sure the Heat will be in desperation mode tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom